Bobby Acosta new TE coach... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bobby Acosta new TE coach...

love the hire. great connections in the area we need them. these are the type of up and coming guys i like to target. would rather have a young energetic coach like this then some recycled veteran.
Well, disregard my earlier comments about Shafer's hiring strategy. :)

(I'm staying away from the basketball board for the time being.)

This looks like a really great hire.
I wonder if there's any connection to somebody already on the staff?
Does a head coach cold-call potential hires?

And on 1/30
@CoachPride10: Always a Pleasure to talk football with my buddy Coach McDonald (Go Cuse) http://t.co/hwcVP47cl1
BfPI64eCYAAAIpw.jpg

As I said before... They knew Rob was out before NSD. He was starting the interview process early.

Wait a second! He was a defensive backs coach in his early career at Rowan University, then switched to WRs coach/offensive coordinator? According to many posters on the Adams hire, that is a near impossible switch! Lol

Seriously, great hire, and happy for the NJ recruiting background... In SS we trust!

Exactly what the doctor ordered. Great fill. Should have an immediate impact on NJ/PA/DC recruiting.

fc60e903_its-beautiful1.jpg

Perfect hire. Wouldn't change a thing. Let's do this, Jerz.

So Shafer was a dope 2 days ago and smart today?
The other hire was a very curious selection. What is it you don't understand about that?

The other hire was a very curious selection. What is it you don't understand about that?
According to whom?

I'll throw in with HCSS on this one since I'm sure he knows far more about Adam than you do.

As I said before... They knew Rob was out before NSD. He was starting the interview process early.
Not really...they might have been just covering their a$$...they might have know Rob was interviewing but the job offer might not have been tendered yet.

Wait a second! He was a defensive backs coach in his early career at Rowan University, then switched to WRs coach/offensive coordinator? According to many posters on the Adams hire, that is a near impossible switch! Lol

Seriously, great hire, and happy for the NJ recruiting background... In SS we trust!

Really? Who said that?

TexanMark said:
Not really...they might have been just covering their a$$...they might have know Rob was interviewing but the job offer might not have been tendered yet.

That could be true as well. Would Rob really have been made to interview though?

Either way, my point was pointless and a mere self-back-pat, aka worthless! ;)

This guy looks like a straight up hired gun for recruiting. Which is great.

Adam will recruiting the Midwest hard, I don't get too worried about position coaches. People were worked up about so many position coaches some work some don't. I like the staff, it looks like there was a real commitment from GMC and Lester to find guys they know they can work with, Joe Adam is part of the CMU mafia.

I'm all in, one thing I don't get worked up about anymore is the hiring of position coaches as if I have any idea how good these guys actually are at their jobs of coaching and recruiting.

In Shaf I trust. The guy has done a pretty good job of acquiring quality coaches and this looks like another one.

Saw MacDonald and Acosta at the SU-Clemson game on Sunday. They were in the next section, 106 for the first half and moved to 107 for the second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom