Bobby Braswell transferring to Charlotte | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Bobby Braswell transferring to Charlotte

Actually there are rumors out there. Apparently nobody told your sources Paulie and Infanti and whoever else you go to for inside info.

If Jimmy is coming here. Why isn't he here his season got cancelled in late summer and he announced plans to transfer in the fall. Who else are we in play with.

Did u miss the fact we were just in the Sweet 16. We are not a bottom feeder of the ACC like Wake Forest is. We should not be losing as many players as Wake coming off a season like ours compared to theirs.
Do you read anything other than this board? Actually, I should say "Do you read this board?"

This same thing has happened to other schools as soon as they lost. Blue bloods have had kids enter the portal. Many of them.

Take a cruise through this thread. Enlighten yourself.

If Jimmy is coming here. Why isn't he here his season got cancelled in late summer and he announced plans to transfer in the fall. Who else are we in play with.
I hope this isn't something that hangs over the team while JB tries to convince kids to come in, only to have Jimmy announce in June or something. I'm not saying he should've announced it during the season or even this week, but if it's going to happen, it's best for everybody if it's done soon...

Pretty much everyone tests the waters. We all knew he would.

But what worries me is the "I think he's ready". (wish we knew who the source is -- I don't think he is ready so does that count as a 2nd source?)

Andrew Crane

@CraneAndrew

·
8m

Can confirm report from
@DonnaDitota1
that Quincy Guerrier plans to test the NBA waters, and test the pre-Draft process before signing with an agent. "I think he's ready," source said.

But what worries me is the "I think he's ready". (wish we knew who the source is -- I don't think he is ready so does that count as a 2nd source?)
Andrew Crane
@CraneAndrew

·
8m

Can confirm report from
@DonnaDitota1
that Quincy Guerrier plans to test the NBA waters, and test the pre-Draft process before signing with an agent. "I think he's ready," source said.
If he's ready to try being a pro basketball player somewhere, that's fine. But if he thinks he's ready to be an NBA player, I don't think that's the right vision...

Did u miss the fact we were just in the Sweet 16. We are not a bottom feeder of the ACC like Wake Forest is. We should not be losing as many players as Wake coming off a season like ours compared to theirs.

Is this a serious question? He was 1 year away from a degree at Cornell. There was and is no downside to staying at Cornell, getting his degree and then going to Syracuse this fall for a masters degree. He will have two years to play if he wants them. And to answer your other question, there is no advantage right now to Jimmy saying he is going to Syracuse. But he is 100% going to syracuse.

IMHO Bras can't do much better at another school or in another situation given his talent level. Again, but what do I know? This is just the new dynamic. Portaling has become an option. Doubly so during COVID/Social Media times .

No it’s not.
This amateur athletics.
These kids have every right to do what coaches do.

Coaches taking better jobs isn’t killing the sport.
I’m not talking about rights. The rules are the rules and that’s fine.

But I can tell you right now it won’t be as much fun rooting for transfers from wherever in Orange as it would have been to watch Bob Braswell or Woody Newton or JBA in Orange.

Seeing players develop from 18yo through 4 or 5 years in the program has always been a unique part of the sport that i know I always enjoyed.

Is this a serious question? He was 1 year away from a degree at Cornell. There was and is no downside to staying at Cornell, getting his degree and then going to Syracuse this fall for a masters degree. He will have two years to play if he wants them. And to answer your other question, there is no advantage right now to Jimmy saying he is going to Syracuse. But he is 100% going to syracuse.
Will he have two years to play? I don’t think this year carries over. I thought it was just a free year.

Follow me here...it's not about "how many" we lose, it's more about "who" we lose. Buddy, JG3, Jesse, Frank, are probably solid. KR is the key for me. Anywhere he goes, he will instantly make them better- he's that good. And if he ends up close to home at a UConn or Seton Hall, we will rue the day he rode the bench while he "wasn't ready". That's my only nightmare scenario and even then, if we get an adequate replacement, I'll learn to live w/ it.
If ends up on any one of those teams. JB should be next

Yeah, but since he's Boeheim's kid, does he have to use a scholly for that?

And I duck and cover with that one...

BTW, Anybody else little turned off by these guys announcing now we just lost in the Sweet 16 Sat night. Can u give it a few days a week. Also means these guys like Braswell had long been thinking about it.
Could have announced before. Just saying

Finish his degree at Cornell maybe.

Winter sports including Basketball were not cancelled until Nov 12. Fall sports were canceled in July.

Have you heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect?
isn't that the espresso machine roger federer pitches ?

Jura_ad_federer.jpg

Best of luck to him. Turned into a nice rotational guy at times this year. More than I expected to be honest. Last year I thought he would eventually be a transfer candidate, but with the news of the other players leaving after this season and him being a rotational guy, I thought he would actually solidly stay. That's just how it is.

Andrew Crane

@CraneAndrew

·
8m

Can confirm report from
@DonnaDitota1
Don't know who the source is. Doubt he's an Nba scout.

Since the final whistle of the season we all have wanted to know who’s out who’s in. So the process has started. Just sit back an relax and watch the agony or the ecstasy.
is that on TCM tonite ?

agony-and-the-ecstasy.jpg

myself i prefer kirk douglas as Van Gogh.

Last edited:
I agree but there are some pretty heavy duty Bras fans in this thread. They may not see it that way.
I really like Bras but he is a natural 3. With 5 star coming in he wasn't going to start which he will do at SC or Vandy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom