Bobby Braswell transferring to Charlotte | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Bobby Braswell transferring to Charlotte

I really like Bras but he is a natural 3. With 5 star coming in he wasn't going to start which he will do at SC or Vandy
I have a few destinations in mind.
South Carolina, Vandy, Wake

Worried about Jessie - at the post game presser, JB was asked about him and the center position, and he launched into a discussion about the transfer portal, and why guys leave. If JBA is the only guy leaving, I think the team will survive. But the link between the question and JB’s answer is troubling.

With the exception of Buddy and Joe i dont think any kid is solid.
Jims tough. Period. Syracuse winters suck. No fans suck.
Most importantly these kids didn't get to establish friendships and relationships with professors ect. They were in a bubble all year and got to see nothing but basketball. An empty Dome and all JB with no Julie, no Baby serving up food.
NO NOTHING is tough.

Worried about Jessie - at the post game presser, JB was asked about him and the center position, and he launched into a discussion about the transfer portal, and why guys leave. If JBA is the only guy leaving, I think the team will survive. But the link between the question and JB’s answer is troubling.
I don't think we have anything to worry about with Jess.

Most importantly these kids didn't get to establish friendships and relationships with professors ect. They were in a bubble all year and got to see nothing but basketball. An empty Dome and all JB with no Julie, no Baby serving up food.
NO NOTHING is tough.
Well, I don't believe Joe is rock solid. Not saying he is leaving just that I wouldn't put him in the same league as Buddy. I think Jess is more in that league than just about anyone else.

isn't that the espresso machine roger federer pitches ?

Jura_ad_federer.jpg
I'll give you this, you are an unusual dude. Who would have guessed that from your avatar?

He’ll have to transfer down to get more minutes. 6’7 kid who can’t rebound, marginal spot up shooter, who can’t dribble to create his own shoot and will struggle with his feet to play man D. Good luck to him. He was a trooper here and tried his best.

Did u miss the fact we were just in the Sweet 16. We are not a bottom feeder of the ACC like Wake Forest is. We should not be losing as many players as Wake coming off a season like ours compared to theirs.
Sharp as a marble.

He’ll have to transfer down to get more minutes. 6’7 kid who can’t rebound, marginal spot up shooter, who can’t dribble to create his own shoot and will struggle with his feet to play man D. Good luck to him. He was a trooper here and tried his best.
He played through injury. Would have liked to see him healthy. If he develops a handle he will be a nice player down the line. Hope he heals and soars.

He played through injury. Would have liked to see him healthy. If he develops a handle he will be a nice player down the line. Hope he heals and soars.
If he develops a handle? Isn’t he going to be a 4th year junior?

What’s our budget for free agency? Is there a salary cap? luxury tax?

He had no choice. WITH jimmy pulling 38 minutes next year he saw the handwriting on the wall

JB gave Robert such a key role in the second half of this season. I hope it’s because he wants to be closer to his mom down In Jacksonville. Otherwise not sure why he’d bolt when he’s growing into a featured role. He’s a good kid though.

NO NOTHING is tough.
All this is true and key to why this rule change is coming at the worst time for us.

Who was the last instant transfer who was solid in the zone?
It’s not a question of the last one. Have we had transfers come in and pick it up and the answer is yes. The zone is not learning sanskrit. I imagine we can find players that will be able to handle it well enough.

What’s our budget for free agency? Is there a salary cap? luxury tax?
the built in tax/budget is minutes...open spots for playing time...will have a big effect on the entire ool of players and where they end up imo...not gonna be a lot of stockpiling, imo. the appealing players will go somehwere to actually play, imo.

My two cents. Not going to read through 12 pages, so apologies if some of this is redundant.

• A little surprised, due to the expanded role Braswell got over the last 10+ games, suggesting more PT next year
  • With Q and others leaving, he might have started next year [and the next, it he came back for year 5]
  • Don't blame him a bit for seeking opportunities where he could not just start, but play a ton over his two remaining years of eligibility
  • Oh well...

I don't think we have anything to worry about with Jess.
Cannot like this enough. He will be a rare college center with a face the basket game who blocks shots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom