Boeheim on Crean comment | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim on Crean comment

The problem is that these two opinions are not equal and shouldn't be viewed as such. You seem to be missing that fundamental point.

Crean's on TV as a commentator and feels he has to say something. So he just opens his mouth and comes out with demonstrable BS. JB calls him on it.

I'm more than sick of so-called experts just saying stuff to have something to say.

Maybe, just maybe, JB's calling Crean an idiot might cause Crean and some others to maybe do some research before they opine.

May cause Crean to resort to the old fashioned "coach speak?"

Got it.

There usually isn't anything you and I agree on so that's not surprising.

I've actually argued on here against people saying Cuse players have trouble translating defensively to the NBA by pointing out how we have players in the league purely because of their defensive abilities. Grant, Wes, MCW and even Dion has figured out how to be a pitbull defensively.

However, the 24/7 zone and JB's attitude are clearly affecting recruiting. I have no clue how you can argue otherwise.

Affecting recruiting? So these SU players leaving early are a sign of weak recruiting?

I think the counter argument is that we are being too successful in recruiting and ought to somehow find players that map to the Villanova model.

Affecting recruiting? So these SU players leaving early are a sign of weak recruiting?

I think the counter argument is that we are being too successful in recruiting and ought to somehow find players that map to the Villanova model.
In what universe are we "too successful" in recruiting? I'm actually speechless. I have no response to that.

May cause Crean to resort to the old fashioned "coach speak?"

Got it.

Better than being flat-out wrong, I would think.

An honest answer might have been, "I know little about TL so I really shouldn't venture a guess about how good a choice he was."

But Boeheim called him on it and all sports fans ought to support that and give JB credit for saying it. This wasn't about "having a player's back", it was about a supposedly "expert" commentator mouthing BS.

In what universe are we "too successful" in recruiting? I'm actually speechless. I have no response to that.

You must have missed the news. Grant, Ennis, MCW, Dion and now TL were so good they were drafted by the NBA after 1 or 2 years. I think that demonstrates they were very good players that were recruited to SU.

a9e36fc065ead797165c5fcbb7e57f9e62954306_r.jpg
hes a pecker petter!

So in your mind a highly visible coach saying something that everyone knows isn't true is a good thing?

Can you see how this might undermine and cheapen everything the coach says from that point forward?
Huh? (I agreed with your post above, so maybe this [inconsistent] post is about something else).

You must have missed the news. Grant, Ennis, MCW, Dion and now TL were so good they were drafted by the NBA after 1 or 2 years. I think that demonstrates they were very good players that were recruited to SU.
I'm almost as speechless as LongIslandCuse. Even your explanation doesn't hold any logical water.
Unless Grant, Ennis, MCW, Dion, and now TL were "so good" as to be able to deliver us a National Championship, there is/was still some 'headroom' as far as recruiting quality is concerned. No one said they weren't good recruits. The argument is agains the characterization of "too successful."

I'm almost as speechless as LongIslandCuse. Even your explanation doesn't hold any logical water.
Unless Grant, Ennis, MCW, Dion, and now TL were "so good" as to be able to deliver us a National Championship, there is/was still some 'headroom' as far as recruiting quality is concerned. No one said they weren't good recruits. The argument is agains the characterization of "too successful."

Think he means "too successful" in the sense that we are sending kids off to the NBA after only 1-2 years. Guys like Malachi, Grant, Ennis, MCW, Dion, Lydon and Chris McCullough were here only here one or two years. Have to replace kids we didn't think would be gone that quick. Some of those kids led us too a couple Final Fours, so that's pretty successful.

Think he means "too successful" in the sense that we are sending kids off to the NBA after only 1-2 years. Guys like Malachi, Grant, Ennis, MCW, Dion, Lydon and Chris McCullough were here only here one or two years. Have to replace kids we didn't think would be gone that quick. Some of those kids led us too a couple Final Fours, so that's pretty successful.

Thanks for explaining this rather obvious stuff to people who struck speechless by it.

That should have been pretty clear what he meant. We are spotting guys that aren't ranked in the top 20 and getting them to the NBA by their second year. That is too successful in recruiting. Nova hasn't had a strong recruiting year in ages by the ranking services. Their guys don't leave and they win because of it.

That should have been pretty clear what he meant. We are spotting guys that aren't ranked in the top 20 and getting them to the NBA by their second year. That is too successful in recruiting. Nova hasn't had a strong recruiting year in ages by the ranking services. Their guys don't leave and they win because of it.

• So, the argument is we should be LESS successful in recruiting.
• And cherrypicking Nova, one team with one NC in recent history, is an effective model.

Okay. I'm dense. I apologize.

• So, the argument is we should be LESS successful in recruiting.
• And cherrypicking Nova, one team with one NC in recent history, is an effective model.

Okay. I'm dense. I apologize.
I accept your apology. And no, just so we are clear, we shouldn't be less successful in recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom