Boeheim says no update on McCullough | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim says no update on McCullough

Did JB ever go out on the court to check on CM?

Watching it seemed at first like it wasn't really that big of a deal. No one really went to him other than TC. I saw the knee buckle in live speed so I knew it was huge but started to doubt myself when I realized no one was running to him. Including HC JB.

No - he never left the bench. He began coaching the other players as soon as they go to the bench. As they helped CM past the bench, you could see Jim say "what is it?" to one of the trainers, and they answered something, and kept going.

Aas soon as they picked him up off the floor, you could tell they were taking him right to the locker room.

It took "Jonny and the Dynasties" 6 OT's to get JB to crack a half smile eye roll. Pulling a Huggins is just not his thing. I can't ever remembering him check on an injured player on the court. He lets the training staff take care of it because that's what they are there for. He keeps coaching because that's what he is there for. Maybe kOng on that fall against the Ville in the BET but I'm not so sure.

why are people jumping on Nashville?

Everyone has made a comment about JB and CM's relationship. It def looked odd that JB didnt even go say anything to him.

Say whatever you want, but it would be nice to show that you care like Pitino and Huggins and K have done in the past. Even if it is just for show. It is just comforting to see.

It looked and felt like Varsity Blues. I hope JB didnt mean to look like that, but thats what it looked like.

Thanks for telling me how to perceive the situation. You don't have a clue either unless you were in the locker room at halftime. Nice try, though.

Instead of your perception, we have history on our side in the bodies of all the past SU players who are firmly in JB's court, many of which were treated FAR MORE HARSHLY by him that Chris has been.

Your comments are unfair and, frankly, you don't have a clue!

why are people jumping on Nashville?

Everyone has made a comment about JB and CM's relationship. It def looked odd that JB didnt even go say anything to him.

Say whatever you want, but it would be nice to show that you care like Pitino and Huggins and K have done in the past. Even if it is just for show. It is just comforting to see.

It looked and felt like Varsity Blues. I hope JB didnt mean to look like that, but thats what it looked like.

I agree completely. If that was my kid on the floor, I know I'd be a bit pissed JB didn't even seem to notice/care. Anyone who says otherwise is just being a JB homer.

JB not going over to CM is a non issue. Everyone has their jobs to do. JB's is to coach games (which he is still VERY good at.. and we will miss him when he is gone) and the trainers have theirs.

I agree completely. If that was my kid on the floor, I know I'd be a bit pissed JB didn't even seem to notice/care. Anyone who says otherwise is just being a JB homer.
I don't disagree with you that it might have been nice to see Jimmy go out and check on him, but on the flip side, he may have perceived what was happening and decided it was in the best interest of the rest of the players to try to regroup them and get them focused to keep playing.

I don't disagree with you that it might have been nice to see Jimmy go out and check on him, but on the flip side, he may have perceived what was happening and decided it was in the best interest of the rest of the players to try to regroup them and get them focused to keep playing.

And that may be, but this site bugs me sometimes when JB is questioned. The reaction is immediate and immense toward the person who questions JB, and it's not exactly nice. In case the others don't realize this (not pointed at you my friend), JB is not currently a saint. He's never performed an actual miracle. Sometimes he acts like a grumpy old man, and saying this does not make me a 'hater' of the team or the school.

And that may be, but this site bugs me sometimes when JB is questioned. The reaction is immediate and immense toward the person who questions JB, and it's not exactly nice. In case the others don't realize this (not pointed at you my friend), JB is not currently a saint. He's never performed an actual miracle. Sometimes he acts like a grumpy old man, and saying this does not make me a 'hater' of the team or the school.
Oh, I agree with you on all counts. And I'm thinking you already knew that, of course.

I think JB should've checked on him. It was obvious it was bad right away and I could tell just from watching TV. They showed JB as it was happening and he glanced over and then huddled his players up. I just don't feel that's the right move in that situation. I see NFL head coaches walking over to check on players when it's serious and they are far more busy and have far more players. Sometimes things like injuries are more important than a game, especially a early season ACC game.

With JB being so hard on him lately, it just came off really bad to me. Like he didn't give a . I know we're programmed to defend JB, but Nashville has a point and should not be trashed. You can many times tell as much about relationships and personality on-court as you can in the locker room with no cameras around, so this "you weren't in the locker room, how could you know" meme (I've seen it so much) isn't always a great retort.