Boeheim's Army 2017 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army 2017

DFbSzf6XcAA-26E.jpg

So now all we have to do is beat a team that's undefeated. The Johnny Lawrence of TBT, basically.

Maybe Ram Nation can sweep the leg instead. It's not that long ago that we benefitted from a 15 upsetting a 2, and it's possible Overseas Elite could have gotten food poisoning or the flu or something.

I love watching BA, but the TBT championship game looks like an inevitable clash between Oversees Elite and Scarlet & Gray.

We will have to pull some major upsets next week.

Oh, and I never thought I'd have to see Dajuan Blair's ugly mug have to go against the zone again. I might have some nightmare flashbacks.

Maybe Ram Nation can sweep the leg instead. It's not that long ago that we benefitted from a 15 upsetting a 2, and it's possible Overseas Elite could have gotten food poisoning or the flu or something.
We're going to shock the world and here's why: Yeah, they've gone 17-0 in TBT play, but all that tells me is they know how to beat teams that play M2M defense. They have never seen the crane kick that is our 2-3 zone.

We're going to shock the world and here's why: Yeah, they've gone 17-0 in TBT play, but all that tells me is they know how to beat teams that play M2M defense. They have never seen the crane kick that is our 2-3 zone.

We can hope I guess but Blair and Kennedy have seen it and won't be bothered, IMO. Gotta contain the other guys. Start Riley. Rick is overmatched. If Donte is playing stupid then get him out sooner than later. He's heavy. Guy thinks he is TMac/Kobe and that same weight range/mobility. Embarrassing. We have a good shot if Triche/Devo/Southerland/Riley's D continue to excel.

We can hope I guess but Blair and Kennedy have seen it and won't be bothered, IMO. Gotta contain the other guys. Start Riley. Rick is overmatched. If Donte is playing stupid then get him out sooner than later. He's heavy. Guy thinks he is TMac/Kobe and that same weight range/mobility. Embarrassing. We have a good shot if Triche/Devo/Southerland/Riley's D continue to excel.

He always plays stupid but sometimes he gets lucky. Other than that, he is a good guy and his heart is in the right place. At least when he is not hitting he fills the stat sheet. That is fills it with goose eggs and ones. He had one assist. His game consists of going up with weak junk and hit or miss long range bombing. When he is hot he can pile up points but he always kills team play. What killed FOE was their break down into hero ball. What saved us was benching our hero ball player.

He always plays stupid but sometimes he gets lucky. Other than that, he is a good guy and his heart is in the right place. At least when he is not hitting he fills the stat sheet. That is fills it with goose eggs and ones. He had one assist. His game consists of going up with weak junk and hit or miss long range bombing. When he is hot he can pile up points but he always kills team play. What killed FOE was their break down into hero ball. What saved us was benching our hero ball player.

Oh no question on all fronts. I'm sure he means well. Obviously FOE collapsed. Still, I've seen enough of Donte the past two games and he's not helping the team being out there too long. That's a given.

One of the best comebacks of all time for the Orange!
Trish and Devendorf are the heart of this team.
James Southerland finally found his shot and went off.
Great heart and pride to come back and win like they did!
On to Baltimore.

Go Orange!

Oh no question on all fronts. I'm sure he means well. Obviously FOE collapsed. Still, I've seen enough of Donte the past two games and he's not helping the team being out there too long. That's a given.

Not to pile on Donte -- the team can still use scoring, and hopefully he plays better these next two games. But it feels like he's the same exact player 10 years later. Horrendous shot selection, forces too much, etc. When he gets rolling, he can get streaky hot, but in general is more of a 4-15 type of shooter.

Not to pile on Donte -- the team can still use scoring, and hopefully he plays better these next two games. But it feels like he's the same exact player 10 years later. Horrendous shot selection, forces too much, etc. When he gets rolling, he can get streaky hot, but in general is more of a 4-15 type of shooter.

Remember in college when you would play intramural sports on like a Saturday morning or Sunday morning the night after heavy drinking, and your lungs were just burning and you felt like you were going to die. That's what Donte looks like to me on the court in this tournament.

I was just going through the box scores and Blair hasn't been logging a ton of minutes. Kennedy has, but he's only 6-6. Overall the team appears to be undersized and guard-reliant. They might give Justin Burrell (another St. John's guy) a lot of run against us.

Anyway, they haven't blown anyone away this tournament. Even struggled for a half against the #16 seed in their bracket. Had to overcome double-digit leads against the VCU and Texas Tech alumni (and Colorado in the title game last year) as well. They're not the Warriors. We can take 'em.

I was just going through the box scores and Blair hasn't been logging a ton of minutes. Kennedy has, but he's only 6-6. Overall the team appears to be undersized and guard-reliant. They might give Justin Burrell (another St. John's guy) a lot of run against us.

Anyway, they haven't blown anyone away this tournament. Even struggled for a half against the #16 seed in their bracket. Had to overcome double-digit leads against the VCU and Texas Tech alumni (and Colorado in the title game last year) as well. They're not the Warriors. We can take 'em.

Good research! I like our chances too then.

I know he just got cut, but would be more fun to see Gbinje in this spot. It would be really intriguing with he and Triche at the top of the zone and he could help with the ball handling duties/shooting while still being able to play down low.

I know he just got cut, but would be more fun to see Gbinje in this spot. It would be really intriguing with he and Triche at the top of the zone and he could help with the ball handling duties/shooting while still being able to play down low.
They can add him now, but based on Blackwell's post-game comments, I don't think there will be any roster changes.

You know at the YMCA when you see the old fart team beat the young punk team because the old farts know how to move without the ball, pass, and get easy shots efficiently? How has Donte not picked up some of that? He has spent his post SU career being coached by professional coaches, right?

Question: how is Overseas Elite 17-0 in this tournament?? They won it twice, that is 12-0 and now they have made it to the Final Four, that is 4-0. So where did this 17th win come from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom