Boeheim's Army (TBT) 2018 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army (TBT) 2018

Arinze > Paul. Love the addition.

Agree 100%. Plus, a guy who's playing / at his peak. He'll be a load for the opposition to handle.

Need to feed the post...

Actually was kinda looking forward to seeing Paul play again. Was always edge of my seat with him even with his flaws. Disappointed he’s not with us now.
Agree, Paul was always fun to watch. He wasn't perfect at SU but he always played hard, and that made me a big fan.

AO is a great addition. I think he might be the piece the team needed to win the whole thing.

Great pickup.

it seems to me that quicker, penetrating guards dominate this event more than bigs. That said, AO should easily be one of if not the best big in the tourney. major upgrade.

Huge addition. Losing Harris is tough but with Nichols, Southerland & Warrick, our ’s are OK.

G - Triche, Devo, Gillon
- Nichols, Southerland, Joseph, Warrick
C - Onuaku, Riley

Strangely, depth at guard is a concern...

Dnich and Dirty can both play G for a few min. No worries.

it seems to me that quicker, penetrating guards dominate this event more than bigs. That said, AO should easily be one of if not the best big in the tourney. major upgrade.

Agreed on the guards -- although we've taken steps to get younger in the backcourt from a few years ago.

Would love to see someone like Andy bolstering the ranks. Gillon / Devo both have prospective defensive limitations that could get exploited by players of the caliber on the elite squads we'll face deep into the tournament. That makes me a bit nervous.

Devo and Triche were the 2 best players last year. I would imagine they play most of the minutes. Adding someone else just takes away from their playing time and is a negative IMO.

Devo and Triche were the 2 best players last year. I would imagine they play most of the minutes. Adding someone else just takes away from their playing time and is a negative IMO.

No argument about your first point, not sure about your last point.

I'd prefer to get the BEST players we can. If adding another guard improves the team's chances, then Triche / Devo would have to relinquish some PT. Simple as that.

Look at Overseas Elite, Team Fancy, or some of the other top notch squads in TBT. Is our guard play up to par? Debatable -- could be a situation where they are good, but might not be "good enough" relative to the competition.

I'm not impugning Devo or Triche, by the way -- they are two of my all time favorite SU players, and it has been a lot of fun to continue to root for them as a part of Boeheim's Army. I just want to see our squad get over the hump and get past the F4, and while I think that the team has fine-tuned the frontcourt components over the years, I still have concerns about the backcourt. Especially when a player like Triche can be so streaky, and a player like Devo is a sieve defensively against some of the teams we face.

No argument about your first point, not sure about your last point.

I'd prefer to get the BEST players we can. If adding another guard improves the team's chances, then Triche / Devo would have to relinquish some PT. Simple as that.

Look at Overseas Elite, Team Fancy, or some of the other top notch squads in TBT. Is our guard play up to par? Debatable -- could be a situation where they are good, but might not be "good enough" relative to the competition.

I'm not impugning Devo or Triche, by the way -- they are two of my all time favorite SU players, and it has been a lot of fun to continue to root for them as a part of Boeheim's Army. I just want to see our squad get over the hump and get past the F4, and while I think that the team has fine-tuned the frontcourt components over the years, I still have concerns about the backcourt. Especially when a player like Triche can be so streaky, and a player like Devo is a sieve defensively against some of the teams we face.

I think Triche is very good. He's one of the top 10 players in the tournament, in my view. At least the way he played last year.

Devo can still fill it up, and I think you'll see Gillon be a lot less tentative this year with a year of playing pro under his belt.

I think the guard play stack up just fine -- not the best, but definitely can play with those guys. Our forwards and now our center play (with Arinze) is better than the majority of teams in the tournament, IMO.

Revised Poster:

DiUVniHU0AE_oJ-.jpg

I think Triche is very good. He's one of the top 10 players in the tournament, in my view. At least the way he played last year.

Devo can still fill it up, and I think you'll see Gillon be a lot less tentative this year with a year of playing pro under his belt.

I think the guard play stack up just fine -- not the best, but definitely can play with those guys. Our forwards and now our center play (with Arinze) is better than the majority of teams in the tournament, IMO.

The highlighted section above remains to be seen, especially in relation to Overseas Elite. We can certainly win the whole thing. Again, it comes down to the "good" vs. "good enough" paradigm with the back court.

Would feel better if I knew that Gillon would live up to your prediction.

I have no idea what other guards we would even add. Triche/Devo are the best two non NBA guards we have that would play. If Rautin's hasn't played by now he never will. He probably enjoys the summer break as he's made good money overseas.

AO is a moose in the paint, you ain't moving this guy around. Nice pick up boys.

And damn, his highlights look pretty awesome.
He's more agile than ever, and actually has a shot that doesn't look like he's trying to throw it as hard off the backboard as he can, so he can fetch the O-reb and get a layup.
Color me impressed with his progression.

Welcome aboard AO!! Do work. :cool:

I have no idea what other guards we would even add. Triche/Devo are the best two non NBA guards we have that would play. If Rautin's hasn't played by now he never will. He probably enjoys the summer break as he's made good money overseas.
Scoop would be great. He wanted to play last year, signed up to play and pulled out late because he was hurt. Anyone know if he is still banged up?

I assume Jonny Flynn is still injured and done playing competitively.

Scoop Jardine out, new Boeheim's Army point guard in as players report for TBT camp

I already got my hotel reservation in Baltimore for the 2nd and the 3rd. Now I just have to get the tickets and wait for Boeheims Army to get there. Staying down on the inner harbor at Residence Inn on Light St.

Let me know if you need any restaurant recommendations -- I lived in the Federal Hill neighborhood of Baltimore (right by where you're staying) for 5 years.

Revised Poster:

DiUVniHU0AE_oJ-.jpg

I just have to say, how much fun is it to have Syracuse hoops be an active topic with actual games we get to look forward to in the summer? These past few years have been a blast -- even if they haven't advanced quite as far as we all would have hoped.

Having the opportunity to watch these guys represent the colors, and play in meaningful games is really a cool blessing for SU fans.

TBT has been terrific in that regard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom