Boeheim's Army (TBT) 2018 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army (TBT) 2018

This hurts to say and may be a bit of a HOT TAKE but we need outside shooting. Hak doesn’t help us with that, and let’s be honest here, he’s 35 years old. I don’t think he has the hops he did in 2005.

Triche
devo
G
K jo
Christmas

Rautins
Scoop
Southerland
AO

This hurts to say and may be a bit of a HOT TAKE but we need outside shooting. Hak doesn’t help us with that, and let’s be honest here, he’s 35 years old. I don’t think he has the hops he did in 2005.

I refuse to take this too seriously or to criticize any of the guys when they aren't even playing for the "real" Syracuse. But watching Hak last year did kind of sadden me. We all get old, but it was his explosiveness that made him so fun to watch obviously. I remember there was one play last year that would have been a monster dunk in his younger years and he just couldn't do it anymore.

I refuse to take this too seriously or to criticize any of the guys when they aren't even playing for the "real" Syracuse. But watching Hak last year did kind of sadden me. We all get old, but it was his explosiveness that made him so fun to watch obviously. I remember there was one play last year that would have been a monster dunk in his younger years and he just couldn't do it anymore.

Yeah it’s weird since I remember these guys the way they were when they last played. Like I think John Wallace could come back right now and kill it.

Yeah it’s weird since I remember these guys the way they were when they last played. Like I think John Wallace could come back right now and kill it.

Donte still has all his same old skills:
Lingering on the perimeter, jacking ill-advised 3's early in the shot clock, playing no D nor getting any boards.
If only he'd come back to school...

That league is not about defense, its not about rebounding, its not about ball handling ... its ALL about shooting.

My perfect starting 5 would be Devo, Rautins, Gbinije, White, Rak.
I think I would sub southerland for either Rautins or White, he's had some big shooting games at the TBT and has played against a lot these opponents in the g league which is extremely similar style of play.

That league is not about defense, its not about rebounding, its not about ball handling ... its ALL about shooting.

My perfect starting 5 would be Devo, Rautins, Gbinije, White, Rak.

I don’t really agree how it is all about shooting. Those teams who knocked us out recently had good physcial defenders who locked down Triche/E/Gillon and gave us some problems inside as well. Overseas Elite had that DJ Kennedy and Burrell and they killed us all over the court but much of it inside. They had better guards and ballhandlers, too.

Last edited:
I don’t really agree how it is all about shooting. Those teams who knocked us out recently had good physcial defenders who locked down Triche/E/Gillon and gave us some problems inside as well. Overseas Elite had that DJ Kennedy and Burrell and they killed us all over the court but much of it inside. They had better guards, too.

I remember that game. We only lost by a few points and our guards played as well if not better. Devo had a huge game and had 20 something points. Their best player that game was McCollum.

I remember that game. We only lost by a few points and our guards played as well if not better. Devo had a huge game and had 20 something points. Their best player that game was McCollum.

He may have scored the most but I remember DJ Kennedy being a do it all type giving us major problems. E did play well. He seemed to be the only one who could shake their m2m.

Triche and Devendorf were our best players last year. The front court was weak. I’d get Southerland and Gbinije with those two guys and they could beat anyone. Rautins if he’s free too.

I am way to emotionally invested in this team and the roster construction. It excites me more than it should, really.

That being said, with Triche, Joseph & Devendorf on board... there are probably 5-6 more spots.

My wish list:

Mike Gbinije
Rakeem Christmas
Andy Rautins
James Southerland
C.J. Fair
Rick Jackson

Think that combination would be great. Other options of Arinze & BMK for the center spot or a Gillon/Jardine for a guard spot. Probably be a surprise or two, too. But I'm hopeful the group sticks together and tries to make a run at the championship again.

The comeback game in Brooklyn last year, if you were there, was a ton of fun and just what a sick Orange fan like me needed to get me through the summer months.

I think I would sub southerland for either Rautins or White, he's had some big shooting games at the TBT and has played against a lot these opponents in the g league which is extremely similar style of play.
YES, Southerland was inconsistent but he was the catalyst to get us fired up in the huge comeback game. And he's tall and can shoot. My wish list - ditch Donte (obvious) and CJ (I love you but you were awful). Add Christmas and a shooter. Also Trevor/Gillon are expendable. If we can get another guard who can shoot that could be an upgrade. The tough part is knowing who is still good.

Boeheim's army.jpg

Donte still has all his same old skills:
Lingering on the perimeter, jacking ill-advised 3's early in the shot clock, playing no D nor getting any boards.
If only he'd come back to school...
shump probably had the best stroke ever from deep . also not given enuf credit as a great lane reader/jumper in the zone D. damn those goggles.

I hope they add gillon again, he's a good change of pace guy who has a lot fresher legs than most in this tournament, can get out in transition, and pretty much beat most defenders he will face off against with the dribble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom