Boeheim's Army (TBT) 2018 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army (TBT) 2018

I qualify this by stating up front that I love, love, love Hak.

Two seasons ago, I was very much looking forward to seeing Hak dominate this tournament. I was surprised to see that he appears to have lost some spring in his step [not surprising -- he's in his mid-30s]. He forced a little, and sometimes tried to do too much.

I like Warrick as a role player on this team, but like the fact that we've got younger options like Kris and Southerland. Hak can be a step up from the likes of TRob, but he isn't the same player he used to be.

Again, huge Hak fan -- not trying to be overly critical of him.

Felt the same watching Hak. We all get old, but watching him without the same explosiveness just wasn't nearly as fun.

Interesting to see Paul Harris added. He used to be on twitter quite a bit, not as much anymore. But when I used to check it, he seemed to follow SU regularly and to have matured quite a bit. Definitely a good thing, because Ryan B won't have Hop to bring him back from Niagara Falls if he gets upset :) Just kidding - be nice to see Paul play again.

I think Paul's style of play is more conducive to this type of game than college. I assume he's still in shape and playing regularly (for a living still?). Excited to see what he still has.

Not a fan of this team. Think we were better last season.
Just curious, why do you like last year's team better? Paul Harris is a wild card of sorts. KJ and Hak seem like big improvements over Donte and CJ in my opinion. We could maybe improve at guard, but don't think guard play was the weakness last year

Just curious, why do you like last year's team better? Paul Harris is a wild card of sorts. KJ and Hak seem like big improvements over Donte and CJ in my opinion. We could maybe improve at guard, but don't think guard play was the weakness last year

I don’t know about KJ, but Hal has lost a lot of the explosiveness he had. Paul Harris is a question mark, but I’m not sure how his game is going to translate to this tournament.

I think Paul's style of play is more conducive to this type of game than college. I assume he's still in shape and playing regularly (for a living still?). Excited to see what he still has.

I agree. Now if we can add Andy Rautins, Rak Christmas or Arinze Onuaku and Mike Gbinije, I think we would have a hell of a chance.

I don’t know about KJ, but Hal has lost a lot of the explosiveness he had. Paul Harris is a question mark, but I’m not sure how his game is going to translate to this tournament.
2001-lead.jpg

Do you really think Hak is worse than Donte Greene? To be fair, I haven't seen Hak play in a long time, but Donte was terrible

Didn't see this coming.

It's funny when people comment on what they think is negative but when I posted positives about last year's team you were nowhere to be found.

Don't think this team goes as far as last year's.

It's funny when people comment on what they think is negative but when I posted positives about last year's team you were nowhere to be found.

Don't think this team goes as far as last year's.
I've given you "likes" in the past. You only have a handful of posts in this thread, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

When you say you're not a fan of this year's team (roster's probably not even complete yet) and that last year's was better, everyone's going to view that as negative, especially when you don't offer anything in the way of specifics.

Do you really think Hak is worse than Donte Greene? To be fair, I haven't seen Hak play in a long time, but Donte was terrible

No I don't think Warrick is much of an upgrade over Donte.

No I don't think Warrick is much of an upgrade over Donte.

I do think Greene is probably a better basketball player than Hak right now, in some sort of abstract if-you-were-assigning-2k-ratings type of a way. But all Hak needs to do to be better than Greene is not shoot all the time. It's a low bar! Feel like there's a better chance Hak has a rational view of his own skillset than Donte did.

It seems to me like there’s probably only room for one more guy, here’s who I think would be the right fits (In order):

1. Rakeem Christmas- Rak would provide the only substantive depth at center we would have and immediately provide some post scoring presence. Center is the big position of need right now, if you allow Harris room to play the 2 or 3 we can go 2 deep everywhere else, so he’s the big target.

2. Arinze Onuaku- See #1, I just think Onuaku is probably in lesser condition than Rak at this point.

3. Baye Keita- See 1 & 2

4. Trevor Cooney- If we cannot get any center, the guard spots are the next ones that could use help depth wise. Cooney could shore up the two guard and free up Paul Harris to play wing exclusively.

Watching Warrick play two years ago in TBT...he is old and slow. From what I remember you need quick guards and a couple guys to play physical. The subtraction of Donte is a plus though.

Any of those would be ideal.

I think they need a guard who can make the 3 and another center who can get them some offense in the low post. They were too much of a jump shooting team these last couple years. Sometimes you need to be able to throw it down low and get to the line so you can score with the clock stopped.

I did not see Boeheim Army in the field with enough votes. I look at all 4 regions.

Attachments

• 02854E6B-F6D6-4BA3-913F-8A1A81C01F93.png
    02854E6B-F6D6-4BA3-913F-8A1A81C01F93.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 21
  • 12829717-85DA-4304-A5CC-AD9FA69AF43E.png
    12829717-85DA-4304-A5CC-AD9FA69AF43E.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 43

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824