Boeheim's Army vs Always a Brave | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Always a Brave

He was pretty good through the first 10 games before he got hurt. Also we self penalized ourselves for the post season that year too.

He's playing like an NBA player in this tournament. He was good for 9 and 7 before he got hurt his freshman year at SU; not bad, but if he was playing like this, he would be averaging 17 and 10. This McCullouch could defend the post.

And that would be alongside Senior-Year Rakeem Christmas (17 and 9), and pretty solid Tyler Roberson as your 3rd front court starter (8 and 7).

Gbinije and Cooney averaged 12 and 13 points, and you had Kaleb Joseph as your backup PG (6 pts, 4 assts) and BJ Johnson as your third forward.

He's playing like an NBA player in this tournament. He was good for 9 and 7 before he got hurt his freshman year at SU; not bad, but if he was playing like this, he would be averaging 17 and 10. This McCullouch could defend the post.

And that would be alongside Senior-Year Rakeem Christmas (17 and 9), and pretty solid Tyler Roberson as your 3rd front court starter (8 and 7).

Gbinije and Cooney averaged 12 and 13 points, and you had Kaleb Joseph as your backup PG (6 pts, 4 assts) and BJ Johnson as your third forward.

i would hope he is better now after 6 years of professional ball.

Milwaukee is 6 hours to Dayton to Syracuse’s 8. They are probably hoping to get as many or more Orange fans to drive out.

I gotta say though. I have zero problem with the team constructed as it is. I am happy to see the guys win. BUT. It’s hard to get motivated to drive 8+ hours (in my case 9) to see a game where Kennedy, Kane, and a guy from BC will be taking us home. Thank god for CMCs 16 games.

First game I have been able to watch from start to finish. Other than Rice the non-SU alums are awesome pieces. We aren't here without them. Devo is in a perfect Vinnie Johnson type role. Rice and Malachi have had their moments but last night they were both dreadful. CJ mixes it up but his elevation seems shot. Lydon does the little things that we missed in previous years but he won't be able to stay on the court against Marquette. He won't be able to cover.

CMac was very good and I think there is another gear. He seems to exert his influence when he feels we need it. I think we will need it in Dayton.

The officiating makes the quality of play worse than it needs to be, but when people put players that are 30 plus out there, it is going to be physical. One big difference seems to me is that all our guys are in shape.

First game I have been able to watch from start to finish. Other than Rice the non-SU alums are awesome pieces. We aren't here without them. Devo is in a perfect Vinnie Johnson type role. Rice and Malachi have had their moments but last night they were both dreadful. CJ mixes it up but his elevation seems shot. Lydon does the little things that we missed in previous years but he won't be able to stay on the court against Marquette. He won't be able to cover.

CMac was very good and I think there is another gear. He seems to exert his influence when he feels we need it. I think we will need it in Dayton.

The officiating makes the quality of play worse than it needs to be, but when people put players that are 30 plus out there, it is going to be physical. One big difference seems to me is that all our guys are in shape.
When you've got intense but also smooth blue-chippers like Devo and Fair coming off the bench, I think we'll have a good shot at doing damage in Dayton.

A couple of observations from the tournament to this point.
The officiating last night was just dreadful. I thought a fight might break out in the first half. Guys we’re getting checked out of bounds and no calls. Rice was getting mauled and he let it get to him. I see why Richardson can’t stick in the NBA. One point in the last two games and every time he puts the ball on the floor it’s an adventure. He plays way too upright. CJ Fair is just solid. He makes a lot of little plays. A couple of really nice passes and rebounds in traffic. He’s pretty good defensively too. Devo has accepted his role and is actually trying to play defense. It may not be good, but he’s trying. I’ve been disappointed in Lydon. He’s always a step behind on defense challenging shooters and he isn’t even looking at the basket. I think he’s one of the keys if this team is going to win. The perimeter guys are going to have to be really solid in the next game. I would like to see more of CJ and less of Kennedy. Kennedy has several brain freezes during games. Mind boggling turnovers and just puts his head down with nowhere to go. If this team can get White open, he’s pretty automatic. It’s been fun watching this team and let’s hope they keep it going.

A couple of observations from the tournament to this point.
The officiating last night was just dreadful. I thought a fight might break out in the first half. Guys we’re getting checked out of bounds and no calls. Rice was getting mauled and he let it get to him. I see why Richardson can’t stick in the NBA. One point in the last two games and every time he puts the ball on the floor it’s an adventure. He plays way too upright. CJ Fair is just solid. He makes a lot of little plays. A couple of really nice passes and rebounds in traffic. He’s pretty good defensively too. Devo has accepted his role and is actually trying to play defense. It may not be good, but he’s trying. I’ve been disappointed in Lydon. He’s always a step behind on defense challenging shooters and he isn’t even looking at the basket. I think he’s one of the keys if this team is going to win. The perimeter guys are going to have to be really solid in the next game. I would like to see more of CJ and less of Kennedy. Kennedy has several brain freezes during games. Mind boggling turnovers and just puts his head down with nowhere to go. If this team can get White open, he’s pretty automatic. It’s been fun watching this team and let’s hope they keep it going.

I heard that Lydon hasn't played in 2 years. It shows. He looks soft and doughy out there. But at least he's starting to make some layups.

Richardson is an elite shooter, but can't get by guys on the drive and is not tough enough on defense.

Last night's game was a joke. I've never seen worse officiating. Guys were getting knocked down, hacked or held on every play. That was Bradley's strategy, thinking (rightly) that they won't call them all.