Boeheim's Army vs Gael Nation Game Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Gael Nation Game Thread

Riley's fine for what they need him for. Had a nice first half.

Yea, with Jackson there I'm not sure they need anything more and Riley filled his role adequately. Jackson should play every minute he is capable of and should play the 5. Just need someone who can spell him for 8-10 minutes. I'd worry if you had a Mookie that they try to play jax at the 4 and I think that's a mistake.

That said if you have Christmas ...

Yea, with Jackson there I'm not sure they need anything more and Riley filled his role adequately. Jackson should play every minute he is capable of and should play the 5. Just need someone who can spell him for 8-10 minutes. I'd worry if you had a Mookie that they try to play jax at the 4 and I think that's a mistake.

That said if you have Christmas ...

RJ and CJ were GASSED the entire 2nd half. They couldnt box out, go after loose balls, etc... Mookie or Rak would be welcome additions to this team. RJ was able to get the game winning bucket on the Devo miss, but i think that was b/c burtt took a misstep and couldn't get back in position when the ball bounced the other way - but it looked like he had position on RJ initially.

That being said today was a gutsy win... they had NOTHING going for them the last 12 min and i mean nothing. Just gotta get the W and thats what they did.

RJ and CJ were GASSED the entire 2nd half. They couldnt box out, go after loose balls, etc... Mookie or Rak would be welcome additions to this team. RJ was able to get the game winning bucket on the Devo miss, but i think that was b/c burtt took a misstep and couldn't get back in position when the ball bounced the other way - but it looked like he had position on RJ initially.

That being said today was a gutsy win... they had NOTHING going for them the last 12 min and i mean nothing. Just gotta get the W and thats what they did.

I admittedly stopped watching at halftime so you are probably right.

But I'm still skeptical mookie watkins makes an appreciable difference to the success or failure of this time.

Rak would be awesome.

I admittedly stopped watching at halftime so you are probably right.

But I'm still skeptical mookie watkins makes an appreciable difference to the success or failure of this time.

Rak would be awesome.

I just don't think we need much offense from the 5. And Mookie brings the D.

But yeah Rak would be great too.

I just don't think we need much offense from the 5. And Mookie brings the D.

But yeah Rak would be great too.

Yeah. I'm just talking about D at the 5. Someone who can spell Rick for more time than Riley can. This is like when AO went down, and we had to use Riley. These teams are only gonna get better. I just want these guys to win. Especially a certain few. Luckily they get some rest.

Triche had to be hurt because it would be malpractice not to have played him. Triche is far and away the best player on the team. Best combination of fitness and skill.
Don't forget Devo. The two best players are Devo and Triche. What a world of difference between Triche as a frosh and today's version! Someone should tell Green that since he is neither Allen Iverson nor Russell Westbrook, there is such a thing as shot selection. He seems to not have heard about it.

Does the team only have 7 guys?
There are actually 10 right now, including Scoop. Southerland should be there for the next round and they can add another player for $3K. Max is 15 players, but the more players you have, the less everyone gets from the pot.

We dominated when we played man to man.
They switched to zone and the Iona kid got hot.

Also why Cooney stayed in while Triche cooled off was puzzling.

They won because of Devo-Greene-Jackson in OT refusing to lose.

We played zone for roughly 99% of the game

Don't forget Devo. The two best players are Devo and Triche. What a world of difference between Triche as a frosh and today's version! Someone should tell Green that since he is neither Allen Iverson nor Russell Westbrook, there is such a thing as shot selection. He seems to not have heard about it.

Yeah Donte had 32 pts today. 5-12 from 3. That's pretty good. Wouldn't have won without him.

We played zone for roughly 99% of the game
We started out the game in man to man.
We switched to zone in the first half after we had a nice lead,

Yeah Donte had 32 pts today. 5-12 from 3. That's pretty good. Wouldn't have won without him.
I disagree completely. His shot selection and lack of work inside is why it was close. Any of our guys could have scored if we actually worked the offense but that didn't happen at all whenever Greene got it. He just chucked. What was also sad was his flailing calling for the ball every times he didn't have it.

We're not winning 4 more if he plays that way for as many minutes every game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom