Boeheim's Army vs Overseas Elite Game Thread... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Overseas Elite Game Thread...

Is dajuan Blair's brother on the payout?? Good god..

He's the absolute worst. Was yelling at fans in BK the entire game. Calling guys on the other team a bum. That guy needs to get a life.

What was OE's shooting percentage? They missed very, very few shots. I thought that was the difference in the game. They also palyed smart. No OE player was ever trapped along the side.

Also, I was amazed how quick/fast the guards were on both teams. Triche, Gillon and Devo can really fly. Cooney is just a half step slower and that's explains the playing time thing, I think. They brought him in to spell one of the other guards and when they had to have three's to catch up at the end.

Fair had his best game, I thought.

Looking at these guys and you can see the truth in SU recruiting certain body types. Almost all of them were tall and long. We had no one like OSU's Sullinger. And as they say, the refs were "letting them play" In an ACC game, Sullinger would have fouled out 15 minutes into the game.

The best player on the court last night for any team was Team ALS's Austin Daye.

Yeah this game was frustrating. BA actually moved the ball pretty well (except for Donte of course) but some key threes just didn't go down. Donte got absolutely owned. Wow. Kane/Kennedy/McCollum was a tough threesome. All three of those guys were tough to deal with.

One key play was when Blair shot that short jumper/floater from the FT line area in front of Rick and Rick just let Blair go around him to get the rebound and putback. Donte just watched and didn't help out. On Rick but still that play is a play that always seems to plague SU. Ugh. Too bad. This was a fun team to watch. Can't have Rick and Donte again moving forward. At this stage of their careers, a guy like Burrell looks way better than Rick. Nothing more needs to be said about Donte's contributions.

Last edited:
What was OE's shooting percentage? They missed very, very few shots. I thought that was the difference in the game. They also palyed smart. No OE player was ever trapped along the side.

Also, I was amazed how quick/fast the guards were on both teams. Triche, Gillon and Devo can really fly. Cooney is just a half step slower and that's explains the playing time thing, I think. They brought him in to spell one of the other guards and when they had to have three's to catch up at the end.

Fair had his best game, I thought.

Looking at these guys and you can see the truth in SU recruiting certain body types. Almost all of them were tall and long. We had no one like OSU's Sullinger. And as they say, the refs were "letting them play" In an ACC game, Sullinger would have fouled out 15 minutes into the game.

The best player on the court last night for any team was Team ALS's Austin Daye.

I thought Casper Ware played better than Daye.

Yeah this game was frustrating. BA actually moved the ball pretty well (except for Donte of course) but some key threes just didn't go down. Donte got absolutely owned. Wow. Kane/Kennedy/McCollum was a tough threesome. All three of those guys were tough to deal with.

One key play was when Blair shot that short jumper/floater from the FT line area in front of Rick and Rick just let Blair go around him to get the rebound and putback. Donte just watched and didn't help out. On Rick but still that play is a play that always seems to plague SU. Ugh. Too bad. This was a fun team to watch. Can't have Rick and Donte again moving forward. At this stage of their careers, a guy like Burrell looks way better than Rick. Nothing more needs to be said about Donte's contributions.

Last comment about Donte. With how poor he played last night, you wouldn't have thought he played in the NBA at one point. His instincts on both ends of the floor were horrid. He was the tallest person on the court when he played, but would opt for bad fadeaways. He could have impacted the game by playing in the post and using his size.

Also, on an unrelated note. You really see that the NBAs strength and conditioning is worlds apart from other professional leagues. I looked at guys who were bloated, clearly out of shape and looked like they got paid to show up and play.

Add Christmas (upgrade for zone anchor)
Add Silent G (who could sometimes play the 3 and add scoring punch)
Ditch Green (for reasons mentioned by many)
Remind CJ he was our #1 scoring option only 3 short years ago

That could be enough to get them over the top. The guards were our strength. Devo sat when they needed Gillon's speed.

That could be enough to get them over the top. The guards were our strength. Devo sat when they needed Gillon's speed.

Yeah, Christmas and Silent G would be awesome. I think there is only so much CJ can do at this stage. He looks like he has lost a bunch of lift as well, IMO.

Great point - the only guys on the floor Blair could get around were Donte and Rick, and he did just that. IMHO Blair was there worst big because he resembled our bigs - too much tread off the tire.

CJ isn't a fit - he can't shoot it deep (as was obvious by the rebound, push, pull up from 3 - awful) and gets bounced around down low. He also looked out of shape to me for a guy who still earns his living playing. He certainly had no explosion or toughness

I thought Casper Ware played better than Daye.

Ware was great. But that's not the point I was trying to make.

At 6-11, Faye can shoot, finish, rebounds, and handle the ball. He was unique. Without him ALS loses that game.

Ware's easily replaceable. Daye isn't IMO.

CJ isn't a fit - he can't shoot it deep (as was obvious by the rebound, push, pull up from 3 - awful) and gets bounced around down low. He also looked out of shape to me for a guy who still earns his living playing. He certainly had no explosion or toughness
I agree with you and Sobecuse. CJ was awful. Not just last night, but he didn't do much in the Brooklyn games either. It's amazing how quickly he lost his edge. At first I thought he was simply too passive because he would have 1-2 vintage CJ moves/game. But think you guys are right. Question is who can we get who's better? If it is CJ vs. Greene, I definitely roll the dice with CJ

Ware was great. But that's not the point I was trying to make.

At 6-11, Faye can shoot, finish, rebounds, and handle the ball. He was unique. Without him ALS loses that game.

Ware's easily replaceable. Daye isn't IMO.

Daye played poorly down the stretch. Besides the three he made to open the second OT, he was more of a hindrance than someone they could benefit from.

Yeah, I agree with you guys. CJ over Donte but CJ is limited. It was unfortunate but like Newhouser said, Blair wasn't very good at all but he schooled Rick and Donte. Burrell did too.

Yeah, I agree with you guys. CJ over Donte but CJ is limited. It was unfortunate but like Newhouser said, Blair wasn't very good at all but he schooled Rick and Donte. Burrell did too.
Agreed with all of this. I think Southerland is our best forward, you can tell hes in the best shape out of all of them and can fill it up. Like others have stated above guys like KrisJo, Gbinije, Onuaku or Rak would be great adds.

Exactly. It was a guard-driven game. Most of our bigs were MIA.
The difference between jackson and Greene was that Jackson at least seemed to know he didn't have it. Greene just kept shooting

Agreed with all of this. I think Southerland is our best forward, you can tell hes in the best shape out of all of them and can fill it up. Like others have stated above guys like KrisJo, Gbinije, Onuaku or Rak would be great adds.
Wish Southerland could dribble a little. he's also very streaky.

Just some general TBT thoughts:

I enjoyed it more this year than I have in past years. I'm probably not as into it as others, but it's kind of a fun summer diversion. If they can get more alumni teams together, I can see interest growing, but those random teams pulled together don't seem to generate much interest from my vantage point.

I probably will stay out of the game threads going forward. It was fun the game before last night because of some rather unique perspectives from one poster in particular. But in general, once the guys leave college and they have represented Syracuse well and still support the program, my days of ripping on them are done - not that I rip our current players in game threads much.

Last edited:
I only watched the first half, and I am bummed they lost. I hope the good thing that comes out of this is Triche and JSouth getting some opportunities next year. They both seem to be in tip top shape. I am not sure what Triche is doing next year, but he is going to be good wherever he ends up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom