Boeheim's Army vs Overseas Elite Game Thread... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Overseas Elite Game Thread...

Lack of discipline... no offensive rebounding doomed us in this game. Props to ED... carried the team all the way to the final 4. Get a few different players for next year and play with more discipline and we could win it.

Thats the type of response I would expect from you. Nice talking to you.

And likewise from you.

Comical, really. I'm not comparing the TBT to the NCAA tournament, because there are too many differences to list. But the perspective you seem to lack is that the team we have just made the final four of a highly competitive tournament with lots of terrific international caliber / fringe NBA players. We didn't get it done, and had some breakdowns tonight. But it wasn't the debacle that you and some others are making it out to be. I wish like hell we could have won, because I'd like to watch our players suit up again in two days for a $2M prize, but I'm also not going to pile on the players or the coaches for falling just short. And yes, I do recognize that the rotations are up to the coach. Frustrating to have a game come down to a 1 or 2 possession game, when we had so many bad shots.

Last edited:
Yeah this game means "nothing" to fans, but you can't tell me 150k doesn't mean anything to guys like Cooney and Gillon right out of college.

I mean.. That's a lot of money, no? Am I the only one here who thinks that? Would have loved them to win it

Blackwell too. HS coaches don't make squat. Anyone know what he does for a living? Just curious. I'd have to imagine he's looking to advance to the college level?

what is with the stupid passes down the stretch? just stupid high risk low reward pass attempts.

Yeah this game means "nothing" to fans, but you can't tell me 150k doesn't mean anything to guys like Cooney and Gillon right out of college.

I mean.. That's a lot of money, no? Am I the only one here who thinks that? Would have loved them to win it

Right. It means something to them especially if they have no pro prospects on the table. That money is a nice cushion and some breathing room while you get your stuff together moving forward.

Because Greene and Riley have intermittently given us strong contributions in previous games, which are not mutually exclusive to this one.

If Greene had played better, maybe they go with him in the middle. If Riley had played half as well as he did against FOE, then maybe they could have gone with him.

Jackson seems like he's lost half a step, just like Warrick seemed that way last year. I hope that Belby is able to address that next year--would rather see a younger, springier guy like BMK.
Was suppose to play. Had shoulder surgery...

what is with the stupid passes down the stretch? just stupid high risk low reward pass attempts.
Especially that Cooney pass on the fast break, that brought back old memories.

I don't fault Cooney for that. That was a wide open layup and a two point game if Kane didn't get to the ball.

Outcoached by Turtle, who mistakenly told his team they were in the bonus when it was actually us.

Yup. Armchair coaching is a lot different than actually coaching. Just like armchair playing is different from actually playing.

Great run but we can definitely put together a better roster than this, out of all the schools in this tournament we might have the most fringe NBA player alums.

Our Guards were good enough to win, but the frontcourt was dominated. Think they should have taken out Jackson and especially Greene much earlier. Dug too big a hole. Very impressed with Devendorf and Triche was also fairly good.

Exactly. It was a guard-driven game. Most of our bigs were MIA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom