Boeheim's Army vs Overseas Elite Game Thread... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Overseas Elite Game Thread...

Overseas-812c-Boeheim-77.jpg

Cooney had 10 points in 8 minutes. Does Blackwell get knocked for not playing him more..."why didn't he have him in all game?"

Or does Blackwell get credit for giving him a crack in a big spot, with Cooney coming through?

Coaching experts...thoughts?

Yeah this game means "nothing" to fans, but you can't tell me 150k doesn't mean anything to guys like Cooney and Gillon right out of college.

I mean.. That's a lot of money... Right??? Am I the only one here who thinks that? Would have loved them to win it

Especially when you're that close to it.

I saw the videos of these guys on "what they'd do with the money". It means a lot to them, that's a lot of scratch.

Our Guards were good enough to win, but the frontcourt was dominated. Think they should have taken out Jackson and especially Greene much earlier. Dug too big a hole. Very impressed with Devendorf and Triche was also fairly good.
Donte is just the least self-aware player I have ever seen, but I kind of feel bad for Rick. Just appears as though the skills have completely diminished to the point where he can't make simple attempts.

Cooney had 10 points in 8 minutes. Does Blackwell get knocked for not playing him more..."why didn't he have him in all game?"

Or does Blackwell get credit for giving him a crack in a big spot, with Cooney coming through?

Coaching experts...thoughts?
he used him correctly in my opinion. Spark player.

A lot of criticism on Blackwell for this game, but in all reality this looked like most prototypical SU losses. Final 4 in this tourney is nothing to sneeze at. We do how we do.

I've always had big expectations for our BA teams because these were key players that we've had over the past decade. I personally believe we have no reason not to win it all, but when I see them in the court it's just missing "it".

Disappointing but still proud of this squad.

I'll tell you who can't be happy with the results of last night: the ticket office at the TBT. SU and Ohio State were the only teams with fans there. We probably had 3K, Ohio State 1K, Overseas Elite maybe 50 people, and the other team maybe 100 or so. It would have been a packed gym for SU/OSU.

Donte is just the least self-aware player I have ever seen, but I kind of feel bad for Rick. Just appears as though the skills have completely diminished to the point where he can't make simple attempts.

I was in awe of Rick. He's one of my favorite SU players in recent history. A defensive beast and a very refined offensive game as an upperclassman. But he's just not good at basketball anymore.

I'll tell you who can't be happy with the results of last night: the ticket office at the TBT. SU and Ohio State were the only teams with fans there. We probably had 3K, Ohio State 1K, Overseas Elite maybe 50 people, and the other team maybe 100 or so. It would have been a packed gym for SU/OSU.

The tournament really will need more alumni teams before it reaches the level of interest that I think some think it's already at because of the interest among Syracuse fans. If it's just a bunch of random players played pulled together, who really gives a crap?

They're missing Andy and Kris.

This is like an adult pick up game. Guards rule and thankfully we had 2 of the better guards in the tourney in BT and Devo. I wouldn't put anyone on the team until they pass a conditioning test. Especially the bigs. The better conditioned your bigs the better you are going to do. Rick and Dontae looked fat and old. Not a good combo. Honestly CJ and Dirty are getting a free ride - they were both awful for most of this tournament as well. They need to be replaced or have their role diminished unless they too come back in better shape. I know they have been playing regularly but both looked slow and are still pushed around. Physical wins and we aren't, and the guys at this level shoot it to good to be zone all the time.

Other questions - how many guys make the All-American Team? Fran F had about 30 AA's on the court last night and frankly I don't think there were any.
What's the politics behind the scenes in terms of PT? Do guys like Rick and DG get promised minutes?

This is like an adult pick up game. Guards rule and thankfully we had 2 of the better guards in the tourney in BT and Devo. I wouldn't put anyone on the team until they pass a conditioning test. Especially the bigs. The better conditioned your bigs the better you are going to do. Rick and Dontae looked fat and old. Not a good combo. Honestly CJ and Dirty are getting a free ride - they were both awful for most of this tournament as well. They need to be replaced or have their role diminished unless they too come back in better shape. I know they have been playing regularly but both looked slow and are still pushed around. Physical wins and we aren't, and the guys at this level shoot it to good to be zone all the time.

Other questions - how many guys make the All-American Team? Fran had about 30 AA's on the court last night and frankly I don't think there were any.
What's the politics behind the scenes in terms of PT? Do guys like Rick and DG get promised minutes?
Yes...guards do rule this tourney. Im surprised Blackwell didn't try 3 guards for periods of time, especially against Overseas, with Fair/Dirty as PF's and the rest of the bigs playing C. Id be happy if Donte Greene never got invited back....sheesh...waste of court space...

If the TBT organizers were smart they find a way to be play in the first 2 rounds of the Northeast in CNY.

They would make more money with crowds that way.

A lot of criticism on Blackwell for this game, but in all reality this looked like most prototypical SU losses. Final 4 in this tourney is nothing to sneeze at. We do how we do.

I've always had big expectations for our BA teams because these were key players that we've had over the past decade. I personally believe we have no reason not to win it all, but when I see them in the court it's just missing "it".

Disappointing but still proud of this squad.

I think the criticism was valid. I had no issue with the zone last night btw. McCollum's threes were heat check shots from beyond where the guards typically go out too. He had luck on his side last night.

The thing that bothered me was his rotations. He didn't hesitate to pull Rick and Donte against Team FOE. He didn't do it last night when they were clearly playing poorly and didn't bring anything of value to the game. I wouldn't have minded seeing a three guard lineup of Gillon, Triche and Devendorf with Riley and Fair as the bigs. Although Fair didn't play well last night, you would have had four guys that can stretch the floor.

Don't know if Rak and Gbinjie will be competing for NBA contracts next Summer, but if they're available for a month, reach out to them and see if they'd be willing to play. Two NBA guys who were at one point some of the best players in the nation during their senior years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom