Boeheim's Army vs Overseas Elite Game Thread... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Overseas Elite Game Thread...

So when are a few dozen universities going to band together and start a "graduate school" division for hoops? Sure you won't draw the crowds or money of regular college hoops, but it's a nice diversion over the summer and you don't have to worry about splitting the pie with the Colgates and Binghamtons of the country.

Maybe you create 8 divisions with 4 teams each and play short 6-game regular season with home and away games against the teams in your division. Then take the top 2 from each division into a single-elimination tournament.

Ware was great. But that's not the point I was trying to make.

At 6-11, Faye can shoot, finish, rebounds, and handle the ball. He was unique. Without him ALS loses that game.

Ware's easily replaceable. Daye isn't IMO.
Plus it was tough for Daye to get it going because Ware - who was great - dominates the ball so much. gotta be tough to play with.

Yeah, Christmas and Silent G would be awesome. I think there is only so much CJ can do at this stage. He looks like he has lost a bunch of lift as well, IMO.
Fran kept talking about how these guys are all better than they were in college, but I thought outside of JS our front court guys just looked like tired versions of their college selves.

Team next year should be

1) Gbinije
2) Triche
3) Fair
4) Christmas
5) Onuaku

Greene, Rautins, Southerland, Devo, Riley off the bench

My feelings were ones of sadness at the end.

We'll never get to see these guys play for SU again. I really have great memories about all these guys, although some more than others.

I kept thinking things like "Triche is 30% better than he ever was at SU. I wish we had had this version of him" and "Watching Devo play is just a gift. They guy is all about effort and competing. And he's always had a lot of skills."

I agree that "Silent G" would be a tremendous addition to BA. He's got guard skills and he's 6'6".

Just got home. Long trek down there from Ontario. Disappointed with the outcome obviously, but it was very entertaining and cool to see these guys up close. All four teams played hard from my standpoint. I think we could have made some better player moves in the second half, but I won't rag on that. We had fun and that is one reason we went. We were about six rows up behind the BA bench.

I signed into the arena wi-fi when I first got in there and made one post early on in this thread. However, I was never able to sign in again for some reason as I was hoping to post some pics during the game.

It's a day late, but here's one picture anyway (if I can figure out how to upload it). Thanks to the players for the effort.

20170801_220614.jpg

I haven't read through this whole thread so it may have been discussed but I just saw the box score and it is amazing that BA was even close in this game OE won every single statistical category on the sheet with the exception of turnovers (they had 15 to our 11) and FT% (and even with that they still made 21 FTs and we only attempted 22).

They were an awesome team and I feel like BA should be proud of the effort to be in that game late.

Team next year should be

1) Gbinije
2) Triche
3) Fair
4) Christmas
5) Onuaku

Greene, Rautins, Southerland, Devo, Riley off the bench

Not a good lineup. Too many bigs starting. Triche needs to be the PG. He's better than Gbinije there. I'd have Gbinije at the 3, Devo at the 2, and if Rautins hasn't played by now he's not ever playing. Same with Arinze.

Not a good lineup. Too many bigs starting. Triche needs to be the PG. He's better than Gbinije there. I'd have Gbinije at the 3, Devo at the 2, and if Rautins hasn't played by now he's not ever playing. Same with Arinze.
Arinze was on an NBA roster last year

Overseas Elite again it appears. Up 5 with 24 secs left.
Up 2 11 secs left.

My feelings were ones of sadness at the end.

We'll never get to see these guys play for SU again. I really have great memories about all these guys, although some more than others.

I kept thinking things like "Triche is 30% better than he ever was at SU. I wish we had had this version of him" and "Watching Devo play is just a gift. They guy is all about effort and competing. And he's always had a lot of skills."

I agree that "Silent G" would be a tremendous addition to BA. He's got guard skills and he's 6'6".
I just liked a townie post that was also liked by sobecuse. This BA team is amazing. Bringing everyone together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom