Boeheim's Army vs Sideline Cancer | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Sideline Cancer

Why argue?
All that matters are a few stats:
BA out-rebounded by a mere 17.
And BA 4-27 (15%) from 3 (not that SC was much better).

Finally, please contribute to the Go Fund Me for the rims.
They took a severe beating and need rehab.

Ennis for Gillon.

I’d play Marek for energy and Lydon obviously. Want no part of McCullough we lose to Purdue if he plays.

Dion BJ and Southerland for Nichols Greene Malachi.

Devo and BT.

That’s 8 which is enough guys for such a short tournament.

Wouldn’t mind fielding 2 teams tbh.

Dion is in the NBA.

It was just my observation. No inside knowledge. Mike G was brought on last year and didn't really get any minutes. Could want to play with them and I could be completely wrong, but that's what happens when you assume. You make an ass of yourself.
you could be right, who knows

btw I def agree the team has to get younger

We had two shooters who couldn’t shoot straight. Mali and White

Our only interior player could rarely be found on the interior and probably launched more bad shots than the all the other players on the court, both teams combined. I think he felt like he was owed the shots for agreeing to be the nominal center. Donte

We had a forward who may have tested positive and been sent home because I don’t remember actually seeing him on the floor. DNic.

I would bring back Devo, Gillon, and BT and have a casting call for the other spots because I don’t think the guys we had are particularly well suited to the format.

We had two shooters who couldn’t shoot straight. Mali and White

Our only interior player could rarely be found on the interior and probably launched more bad shots than the all the other players on the court, both teams combined. I think he felt like he was owed the shots for agreeing to be the nominal center. Donte

We had a forward who may have tested positive and been sent home because I don’t remember actually seeing him on the floor. DNic.

I would bring back Devo, Gillon, and BT and have a casting call for the other spots because I don’t think the guys we had are particularly well suited to the format.
My opinion is that BA is not going to win anything until a roster is constructed with the talent to win it all.

We have to get a real PG to run the offense.

We have to get a couple of legitimate big guys to play inside, defend the paint and get rebounds. Even if McCullough and Lydon had played, we are going nowhere without a PG capable of running a half court offense. There was not enough talent to win going one on one all game long and hoping the lack of interior defense and rebounding would not be a problem.

Syracuse deserves better than this. I hope next year, we get it,

My opinion is that BA is not going to win anything until a roster is constructed with the talent to win it all.

We have to get a couple of legitimate big guys to play inside, defend the paint and get rebounds. Even if McCullough and Lydon had played, we are going nowhere without a PG capable of running a half court offense. There was not enough talent to win going one on one all game long and hoping the lack of interior defense and rebounding would not be a problem.

The player you’re describing sure sounds a lot like Ennis. I think add Ennis and Rak and you have the pieces you need. Adding a shooter like Rautins wouldn’t hurt either.

We also need to run an offense that complements the skill set of the players. We ran a 5 out offense but you need guys who can get their own shot not only jump shooters but guys who can shoot and drive.

We didn't or couldn't drive this team personally I think would should have played 4 around one with Green in the high post. It allows for more cutting and it turns Green into a mid-range shooter instead of a point shooter.

The bigger concern is there was no plan B. The offense wasn't working by half time and there was no plan B.

BTW none of these guys ran 5-out offensives at SU so if you are going to run the defense from SU run some of the offense.

But I cannot think one player who played at SU who can play the 5 in our zone and function on the perimeter in a 5 out offense.

I will say that I am disappointed with the way this team performed today. A lot of one-on-one and very little team basketball.

That being said, we aren’t owed anything. These guys play all year long and are taking time away from their families, as well as valuable recovery time, to play for free.

Sure, their expenses might be paid by JB - I am certain he does what he can to make sure this thing continues because that’s what he does. But they don’t owe us anything.

Thankful they brought a distraction for a few days.

I will say that I am disappointed with the way this team performed today. A lot of one-on-one and very little team basketball.

That being said, we aren’t owed anything. These guys play all year long and are taking time away from their families, as well as valuable recovery time, to play for free.

Sure, their expenses might be paid by JB - I am certain he does what he can to make sure this thing continues because that’s what he does. But they don’t owe us anything.

Thankful they brought a distraction for a few days.

this is spot on. All these guys bleed orange. Love seeing players from the past lace them up, wear Cuse colors and ball. All of them are loyal Cuse guys. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don’t. Can the team get younger... certainly. Can the team get more balanced...without a doubt. However, I don’t fault any of the players for giving it their all for the Cuse.
Devo is amazing. The guy is a warrior and represents Cuse so well.

cuse!

it’s funny to anyone saying we should ask certain people ...

lets just say people like Tyler Ennis aren’t here because they don’t want to be; not because they weren’t asked

Next year:
Devo
BJ
‘Warwick’
Gbinije
Sidibe
Triche
Gillon
Lydon
McCullough
+?

We also need to run an offense that complements the skill set of the players. We ran a 5 out offense but you need guys who can get their own shot not only jump shooters but guys who can shoot and drive.

We didn't or couldn't drive this team personally I think would should have played 4 around one with Green in the high post. It allows for more cutting and it turns Green into a mid-range shooter instead of a point shooter.

The bigger concern is there was no plan B. The offense wasn't working by half time and there was no plan B.

BTW none of these guys ran 5-out offensives at SU so if you are going to run the defense from SU run some of the offense.

But I cannot think one player who played at SU who can play the 5 in our zone and function on the perimeter in a 5 out offense.

JB Refsnyder (sp)
Elvis Ovcina

That’s who immediately came to mind.

I haven’t made any further attempts to clarify the post. Like I said, it’s on you now. Read it as many times as you need. Print it out and paste it on your mirror. You’ll get it eventually.

I'm good. Nobody in this tournament was "playing for free", as you stated.

At least these guys showed fight and didn't roll over and quit, as you defended this year's squad for doing today:

Um, Rico would like a word with you. ;)

Lydon quite literally did both of those things, over the course of 2 seasons, one of which ended with a Final Four appearance.

During which IIRC he also had a record number of blocked shots.

At least these guys showed fight and didn't roll over and quit, as you defended this year's squad for doing today:

The difference between that team and this isn't guards it's the forwards and the centers...

Also they ran sets from their SU days

Um, Rico would like a word with you. ;)

Lydon quite literally did both of those things, over the course of 2 seasons, one of which ended with a Final Four appearance.

During which IIRC he also had a record number of blocked shots.
Lydon's was a 4 who was forced to play 5 because of team need, but he would have been an upgrade on this team no question about that

This sounds vaguely familiar...

LOL. You spent the entire game ripping the team and you think they were going to make a comeback?

BTW, at least two other posters have said they were playing for free. You better go correct them.

And one other thing: 20 teams in this tournament played for free. There will be three more before all’s said and done.

Context doesn’t matter. You don’t get to clarify anything. I just decided what you meant and that’s all there is to it.

(Did I do that right?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom