Boeheim's Army vs Sideline Cancer | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Sideline Cancer

The most important thing about TBT is that it's shown that with quarantine bubble hotels and no fans ..team sports can work in the pandemic as long as everyone buys in.
Until now only boxing and UFC have been able to pull off shows...and they had some positive tests.

Can NBA, NHL and MLB pull it off over a lot of games and much longer time periods? A lot of doubts.

Perhaps you and Brian can explain how BA was going to share the winnings after getting blown out in the quarterfinals.

The stakes in college basketball and the NBA are much higher. TBT is a random tournament that most people don’t care about. We as fans are fortunate that any of our alumni are willing to play in this thing.

They're not "playing for free", as you stated. It turned out that they won't collect any of the prize money, due to their loss today, despite their gutsy and heroic efforts.

I think if every team was truly playing for free, the quality of play in TBT, as ragged as it is, would be even lower.

The most important thing about TBT is that it's shown that with quarantine bubble hotels and no fans ..team sports can work in the pandemic as long as everyone buys in.
Until now only boxing and UFC have been able to pull off shows...and they had some positive tests.

Can NBA, NHL and MLB pull it off over a lot of games and much longer time periods? A lot of doubts.
NBA, yes. MLB, no. Any level of football, no. NHL, yes...as long as it’s a bubble.

They're not "playing for free", as you stated. It turned out that they won't collect any of the prize money, due to their loss today, despite their gutsy and heroic efforts.

I think if every team was truly playing for free, the quality of play in TBT, as ragged as it is, would be even lower.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

When their down 20 it's a natural reaction to let down a bit. But comebacks do happen.
Did you think this team was going to make a comeback?

I think this tournament proves the nba bubble is doable. No way in hell baseball comes back without much tighter reins on everything. Not sure how the nhl comeback is planned so I won’t talk to that
It's doable the problem I see with the NBA is you have a lit
NBA, yes. MLB, no. Any level of football, no. NHL, yes...as long as it’s a bubble.
I think mlb has the better chance of succeeding. I can see nba players being undisciplined and doing silly things in their downtime.

Did you think this team was going to make a comeback?
No but when they were down 10 their demeanor changed and they started to put their heads down. 10 was doable for a comeback.

I'm sure some guys who I think would be good to fill out the roster were probably turned off by their experience though.
which guys and what experience?

That's reflective of the coaching.

these aren’t 18 year old college kids .. these are grown men . If they need a coach to keep them from quitting.. then they shouldn’t be on the roster or playing any kind of pro ball anywhere

You do realize they’re playing for free, right? Just about everyone on this board gave up on the game, why should the players be any different? What is there to gain by playing hard while getting blown out? The last thing they need is to get hurt and jeopardize their actual careers.

It’s like chirping about older baseball players not running out routine ground balls. The odds of getting injured are far greater than beating out the throw.
Hilarious .. so it’s dumb to try hard when losing ... only try while winning ... great outlook on life in general

It's doable the problem I see with the NBA is you have a lit
I think mlb has the better chance of succeeding. I can see nba players being undisciplined and doing silly things in their downtime.
No chance. All the traveling the baseball players will be doing... are they staying in hotels when they are at home, or going back to their family?

Sorry - should have let your nonsensical post about the players playing for free go unanswered. Nerves were clearly struck.
Or critical thinking and reading comprehension skills were clearly lacking. I’m done clarifying my position for you and Brian. It’s on you now.

We’re talking about players not playing hard while getting blown out. They weren’t going to win, so they weren’t going to get paid.

They played very hard in the first half despite nothing falling.

Nothing dropped second half so it got ugly. What do you expect when you miss every shot and the other team doesn’t?

No chance. All the traveling the baseball players will be doing... are they staying in hotels when they are at home, or going back to their family?
They will be at home. But keep this in mind they will have less down time than the Nba guys.

Or critical thinking and reading comprehension skills were clearly lacking. I’m done clarifying my position for you and Brian. It’s on you now.

Sentence structure and vocabulary are things too.

these aren’t 18 year old college kids .. these are grown men . If they need a coach to keep them from quitting.. then they shouldn’t be on the roster or playing any kind of pro ball anywhere

They needed a timeout somewhere during that run. That’s on the coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom