Boeheims arrogance has eclipsed our success | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheims arrogance has eclipsed our success

well when you pay for 40 tosses you hope to land at least one.

RING_TOSS.jpg

Jimmy is a Carmelo short of being the most over-rated coach in college hoops history. The Dome brought in the top talent in the 80s and Jimmy has ridden those top recruits and wins all the way until the present, mostly underachieving with those 80s/90s talented teams. Most any coach could've produced the same results, if not better, when top talent falls right into your lap and playing in the Dome. Fast forward to today, and I would expect a supposed-HOF coach to be able to run a half-court offense, switch up defenses when the zone is clearly not working, or for once, take the blame for your team losing, besides scape-goating the players for not making shots, or seeming disinterested and arrogant, especially with the local media during post-games. The players run your offense, so if open looks are largely not there, it comes back to Jimmy and his plan, or lack there of. This team has talent at each position, but, once again, the talent is largely wasted and game plan is severely lacking. I'm not saying we should be Top 5, but there's no excuse to lose to Uconn, almost lose a 20-lead at home to lowly N. Fla, and South Carolina should've been a very winnable game.
If I squint and pretend there are no capital letters in that post, it's remarkably Iggy-esque.

Try to get a grip on reality people . South Carolina and Wisconsin are both sweet 16 if not final 4 teams and UCONN is a stacked dynasty with a coach that won a National Championship a couple of years ago . Any of those 3 teams can win the championship . All of those teams have a lot of returning players while Syracuse has what amounts to a newly formed team .

Reactions: cto
Try to get a grip on reality people . South Carolina and Wisconsin are both sweet 16 if not final 4 teams and UCONN is a stacked dynasty with a coach that won a National Championship a couple of years ago . Any of those 3 teams can win the championship . All of those teams have a lot of returning players while Syracuse has what amounts to a newly formed team .
LOL!

May I suggest staying on the football board

Jimmy is a Carmelo short of being the most over-rated coach in college hoops history. The Dome brought in the top talent in the 80s and Jimmy has ridden those top recruits and wins all the way until the present, mostly underachieving with those 80s/90s talented teams. Most any coach could've produced the same results, if not better, when top talent falls right into your lap and playing in the Dome. Fast forward to today, and I would expect a supposed-HOF coach to be able to run a half-court offense, switch up defenses when the zone is clearly not working, or for once, take the blame for your team losing, besides scape-goating the players for not making shots, or seeming disinterested and arrogant, especially with the local media during post-games. The players run your offense, so if open looks are largely not there, it comes back to Jimmy and his plan, or lack there of. This team has talent at each position, but, once again, the talent is largely wasted and game plan is severely lacking. I'm not saying we should be Top 5, but there's no excuse to lose to Uconn, almost lose a 20-lead at home to lowly N. Fla, and South Carolina should've been a very winnable game.
Too much here to reply about that hasn't already been covered by others. But the 80s/90s teams and that time in general was likely the richest player and fan period in Syracuse basketball. Games in the Dome today fall short of the electricity in the air watching those games.
Underachieving? I'd love to have one of those teams and their results today.

LOL!

May I suggest staying on the football board
Sorry to interrupt your bashing the greatest coach in the history of the NCAA. There was nothing in my statement that wasn't a fact .

I get your point, but you're laying it on a bit thick. No sane person would look at the UConn program as it exists today and call them a "stacked dynasty" and it would require a miracle of the highest order for their current team to win the national championship.

Sorry to interrupt your bashing the greatest coach in the history of the NCAA. There was nothing in my statement that wasn't a fact .

South Carolina a final four team?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Good god.

And, like oh so many here, you're only focusing on the "what" and not the "how". Did you watch those games?

Greatest coach in the history of the NCAA??? Remove the glasses. JB is a HOF coach. Historic success. Not the greatest coach in history. And that's okay.

South Carolina a final four team?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Good god.

And, like oh so many here, you're only focusing on the "what" and not the "how". Did you watch those games?

Greatest coach in the history of the NCAA??? Remove the glasses. JB is a HOF coach. Historic success. Not the greatest coach in history. And that's okay.
Do you think Frank Martin is a novice ? His KSTATE teams were becoming dominant in the BIG12 and the team he has now is big , tall , athletic and talented . They will win the SEC . And no other coach has sustained 1 let alone 2 NCAA witch hunts like JB and still stayed at the top .

I get your point, but you're laying it on a bit thick. No sane person would look at the UConn program as it exists today and call them a "stacked dynasty" and it would require a miracle of the highest order for their current team to win the national championship.
They have all the pieces , Kevin Ollie will get them on track .

Boeheim is probably somewhere in the 8-10 range in terms of all-time great coaches.

You think South Carolina without Sindarius Thornwell is better than Kentucky?
That is a concern , I'm thinking he returns unless Calipari pulls some strings to block it . No doubt , Thornwell is an NBA level player .

Boeheim is probably somewhere in the 8-10 range in terms of all-time great coaches.
If JB didn't get unfairly sanctioned by the NCAA , where would his records stand now ?

If JB didn't get unfairly sanctioned by the NCAA , where would his records stand now ?

I don't even know why I'm bothering to ask this, but can you make me the case as to why you think Boeheim has had a better career than Coach K?

I'm not here to JB bash, but to wonder where the heck Townie72 is and why hasn't he come in and laid the law down with some of the posters in this thread.

Hope he didn't overindulge on Tom Collins's at the Christmas party this weekend.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to ask this, but can you make me the case as to why you think Boeheim has had a better career than Coach K?
Coach K has never had to deal with sanctions , how can I make a reasonable comparison . The first NCAA sanctions were about knocking Syracuse back as they were becoming too strong , it was a hit job . Every coach at the time had to deal with street agents to get players , every one of them , yet Beohiem got singled out . Why , because the Big East and Syracuse were cutting in to the ACC , Big10 pie . The Dome was new 35k fans , the Big East was new and fun , JB was quirky and iconic . It had to be stopped .

Coach K has never had to deal with sanctions , how can I make a reasonable comparison . The first NCAA sanctions were about knocking Syracuse back as they were becoming too strong , it was a hit job . Every coach at the time had to deal with street agents to get players , every one of them , yet Beohiem got singled out . Why , because the Big East and Syracuse were cutting in to the ACC , Big10 pie . The Dome was new 35k fans , the Big East was new and fun , JB was quirky and iconic . It had to be stopped .
There are some really odd cats on this board