Boeheims arrogance has eclipsed our success | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheims arrogance has eclipsed our success

There are some really odd cats on this board
I take that as a complement since you have your cat as your avatar . But , what I said is true , which is why JB is so salty .

See what happens when you pass everyone in the class and everyone gets a participation trophy.

They assume that the world started with them and their awareness of it.
OK . I'll take insults and derision for Boehiem .

I mean really who doesn't think this ucon squad, minus 3 of its best players, will at least go to the f4 this year? pretty much common sense right? we lost at the buzzer to a juggernaut!

OK . I'll take insults and derision for Boehiem .

I have no idea what that sentence you wrote means.

But I agree that SU and Boeheim have been punished for things that other schools would not have been. We either don't have enough "Rabbis" in high places or we are an attractive target.

For some exceedingly strange reason, the Syracuse papers have been extraordinarily hard on the University. It's as if they are driven to foul their own nest. As the area sinks into deeper and deeper economic and social doldrums, they have consistently attacked one of the few positives in the area.

I once had a conversation with the editor of the Herald-Urinal (a friend of my wife's) in which he told me it was his job to "afflict the powerful". And to him, SU was the "powerful".

I told him --- with a few drinks under my belt --- that without SU, the City of Syracuse was Utica. The University was the only freaking thing that kept Syracuse from being just another culture-free, dying burgh in the frozen North. To screw with the lone goose that was laying any kind of golden eggs was crazy.

But I agree that SU and Boeheim have been punished for things that other schools would not have been. We either don't have enough "Rabbis" in high places or we are an attractive target.

For some exceedingly strange reason, the Syracuse papers have been extraordinarily hard on the University. It's as if they are driven to foul their own nest. As the area sinks into deeper and deeper economic and social doldrums, they have consistently attacked one of the few positives in the area.

I once had a conversation with the editor of the Herald-Urinal (a friend of my wife's) in which he told me it was his job to "afflict the powerful". And to him, SU was the "powerful".

I told him --- with a few drinks under my belt --- that without SU, the City of Syracuse was Utica. The University was the only freaking thing that kept Syracuse from being just another culture-free, dying burgh in the frozen North. To screw with the lone goose that was laying any kind of golden eggs was crazy.

been saying this for years.. and very true. Today, it might be a slight towards Utica considering the money being put back in at this point

been saying this for years.. and very true. Today, it might be a slight towards Utica considering the money being put back in at this point

As a daily reader of the Washington Post, I am continually amazed at the effort of the sports page --- columnists and news writers --- to pump the Washington Nationals.

They are trying non-stop to build fan interest in the Nats, because up to this point the only team the area cares about is the Redskins. And elevating the Nationals expands the media's inventory of things to talk about.

That's what the Syracuse papers and media ought to be doing. And it's for their own good and the good of the area.

"but it's not the Post-Standards job to be the universities PR firm"

Sounds like someone didn't become a fan until 2003.
Well, I didn't count the championship games we didn't win or title we did as final fours. I actually had one more final 4 appearance than I should have but you should have gotten the point. Two things, it is likely I have been a fan as long as you have been alive (or close), and your response showed you are a sanctimonious jerk.

Coach K has never had to deal with sanctions , how can I make a reasonable comparison . The first NCAA sanctions were about knocking Syracuse back as they were becoming too strong , it was a hit job . Every coach at the time had to deal with street agents to get players , every one of them , yet Beohiem got singled out . Why , because the Big East and Syracuse were cutting in to the ACC , Big10 pie . The Dome was new 35k fans , the Big East was new and fun , JB was quirky and iconic . It had to be stopped .
Boeheim got singled out because the local journalists decided it was time to tell stories. That doesn't happen in Durham. Without the sub standard there is no NCAA investigation part 1.

Might be the first and last time I agree with one of your posts.

I mean really who doesn't think this ucon squad, minus 3 of its best players, will at least go to the f4 this year? pretty much common sense right? we lost at the buzzer to a juggernaut!
UCONN is also still considered our greatest rival , and in rivalry games you can throw out the records . At MSG no less . Do you want to beat up our team that bad over these losses . I'm giving them a pass . That's all .

UCONN is also still considered our greatest rival , and in rivalry games you can throw out the records . At MSG no less . Do you want to beat up our team that bad over these losses . I'm giving them a pass . That's all .

The only thing I agree with is that yes, I was pretty confident this game would be close due to the history

I'm not here to JB bash, but to wonder where the heck Townie72 is and why hasn't he come in and laid the law down with some of the posters in this thread.

Hope he didn't overindulge on Tom Collins's at the Christmas party this weekend.
Thankfully, Townie is back and everything is under control. I'm told the party was quite the success. However, bpo57 reportedly had a bit too much to drink and was asked to leave.

26be945a793e6775dc37127fe7655d0b.jpg

Tom Collins?

Off by a generation. The Tom Collins was popular after WWII and my parents and their friends drank them. t was a hugely popular thing. A grocery store would have as many bottles of Tom Collins mix as they had ginger ale.

I'm in what could be called Vietnam generation.

Tom Collins?

Off by a generation. The Tom Collins was popular after WWII and my parents and their friends drank them. t was a hugely popular thing. A grocery store would have as many bottles of Tom Collins mix as they had ginger ale.

I'm in what could be called Vietnam generation.

Scotch and water then?

His analysis of the team's problems is always reduced to these words: we just need to make more shots. That tells you where his head is at.
Many times he is right including this year. They are shooting 3s at the same clip and pct. as last year as a team per game. They can't make the inside shots when they are not playing patsies.

Well, maybe it ought to be their job. Or at a minimum, they ought not go out of their way to poison one of the few geese in CNY that lays anything close to a Golden egg.

That's not my take, but other long time posters have had that take around here.

Thankfully, Townie is back and everything is under control. I'm told the party was quite the success. However, bpo57 reportedly had a bit too much to drink and was asked to leave.

View attachment 84174

Is it bad to admit that I am 32 and love myself a Manhattan, especially around the holidays?

This is probably the only thing you've ever written I've agreed with you on.

Is it bad to admit that I am 32 and love myself a Manhattan, especially around the holidays?

Well, Manhattans are a little sweet for my taste. To broaden your horizons, try a Dry Rob Roy (2 1/2 oz Scotch, 1 1/2 tsp dry vermouth) or a Perfect Rob Roy (1 tsp each of sweet and dry vermouth)

But, the proper way to enjoy good whiskey is neat with a splash of water to open it up. Drink it the way the Scots, Irish and English do.