Boeheims arrogance has eclipsed our success | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheims arrogance has eclipsed our success

Well, Manhattans are a little sweet for my taste. To broaden your horizons, try a Dry Rob Roy (2 1/2 oz Scotch, 1 1/2 tsp dry vermouth) or a Perfect Rob Roy (1 tsp each of sweet and dry vermouth)

But, the proper way to enjoy good whiskey is neat with a splash of water to open it up. Drink it the way the Scots, Irish and English do.
Yep, I do 1 cube.

Well, Manhattans are a little sweet for my taste. To broaden your horizons, try a Dry Rob Roy (2 1/2 oz Scotch, 1 1/2 tsp dry vermouth) or a Perfect Rob Roy (1 tsp each of sweet and dry vermouth)

But, the proper way to enjoy good whiskey is neat with a splash of water to open it up. Drink it the way the Scots, Irish and English do.
You forgot the coke

UCONN is also still considered our greatest rival , and in rivalry games you can throw out the records . At MSG no less . Do you want to beat up our team that bad over these losses . I'm giving them a pass . That's all .

They are but this is not a talented uconn team. very pedestrian at best, beat by 10 at home by wagner. then again , its college hoops where teams have 3 months to figure it out.

i have faith that jim will wake the team up. they need the fire of the 96 team who over achieved. legit question for anyone, do the players believe that they are better than they really are somewhat arrogant??? i don't get the sense of urgency from them, or desire. just saying.not trying to be negative at all. rather just concerned

You're crazy. How does a coach win 1000+ games become overrated? How is that even possible? Seriously, I get you don't like the guy or his style, but he has won every year for the last almost 40 years in three different conferences. Three final fours, 2 finals, and one title. I could keep typing but honestly, it would take too long. Instead, I'll give you the link to his Wikipedia page. Read it and then tell me how he is overrated...

Jim Boeheim - Wikipedia

anyone can be overrated regardless of your accomplishments. it just depends on how high you are being rated relative to what your true rating should be. babe ruth could be overrated

Could you clarify exactly what you mean by the female bartender comment. Some of us very long standing females on this board or even some of the female administrators may be curious.

I'm guessing he meant they are jaded because they get hit on constantly while they are working.

You're crazy. How does a coach win 1000+ games become overrated? How is that even possible? Seriously, I get you don't like the guy or his style, but he has won every year for the last almost 40 years in three different conferences. Three final fours, 2 finals, and one title. I could keep typing but honestly, it would take too long. Instead, I'll give you the link to his Wikipedia page. Read it and then tell me how he is overrated...

Jim Boeheim - Wikipedia

Ask Bobby Bowden.

"but it's not the Post-Standards job to be the universities PR firm"

The fact of the matter is you get more interesting stories by working collaboratively with the biggest story makers in town.
Or you could under-report on another shooting on the south side, or another person who stole from the charity they work for.
What should Steve Rogers do?

UCONN is also still considered our greatest rival , and in rivalry games you can throw out the records . At MSG no less . Do you want to beat up our team that bad over these losses . I'm giving them a pass . That's all .

That's the downside to scheduling old Big East foes. It's their biggest game of the year - see St. John's last year - while we are still trying to work out the kinks of our team before the conference begins.

The fact of the matter is you get more interesting stories by working collaboratively with the biggest story makers in town.
Or you could under-report on another shooting on the south side, or another person who stole from the charity they work for.
What should Steve Rogers do?

Yeah, the media people on this board don't share that opinion.

I'm guessing he meant they are jaded because they get hit on constantly while they are working.
Yes exactly. Isn't that being a bit sensitive and did you really need an explanation wow

Yes exactly. Isn't that being a bit sensitive and did you really need an explanation wow

That was for the other guy.

and hes a keith smart miss from having 2 titles. works both ways.
And don't forget it was Wallace and Wallace alone who got the 96 team to the final game. JB had NOTHING to do with it. Or last year's run especially the win over Virginia. That was all on the great players and nothing to do with coaching.

And don't forget it was Wallace and Wallace alone who got the 96 team to the final game. JB had NOTHING to do with it. Or last year's run especially the win over Virginia. That was all on the great players and nothing to do with coaching.
I'm just waiting for this year's final four run to end with the same posters talking about how a blind bat could win with the talent Boeheim "stumbled" into this year.

Honestly, this board just makes me laugh. Let's recap the past year.

2015-2016: JB takes a decently talented team to big wins to start the year, is unexpectedly suspended, the team craters and is pretty much left for dead at the start of ACC play. He comes back, guides them to big wins in conference and squeakes into the tournament. By this point the team has gelled as only well-coached teams can, Boeheim out coaches 3 great coaches on the way to a final four, beating two teams that also had more talent than us. The board calls this the greatest coaching job of JBs career and starts panicking over the thought of losing him in two years.

Then we lose our three best players to the draft/eligibility expiration but lo and behold, Boeheim pulls 3 quality players out of thin air during the summer and board goes wild and loses its mind in buying April hotel rooms.

But upon the team losing 3 of its first 8 games, same said board decides he's clearly lost all the coaching and recruiting ability that he probably never had to begin with and that all of the assistant coaches are probably only there because JB has gone senile and too lazy to actually interview anyone. It's time to clean house and say thanks, no thanks for all the passibly mediocre work that JB has done over the past 40+ years.

I am/used to be a fan but he appears so angry and arrogant that he's almist repulsive. He doesn't show any love to anyone ever and almost has a sense of entitlement that doesn't sit well with me right now. He's as jaded as a female bartender in Manhattan on a sat night I just sense a negative energy that no one on team is responding to. Go ahead and shoot me. I said it
False. Let's move on.

Jimmy is a Carmelo short of being the most over-rated coach in college hoops history. The Dome brought in the top talent in the 80s and Jimmy has ridden those top recruits and wins all the way until the present, mostly underachieving with those 80s/90s talented teams. Most any coach could've produced the same results, if not better, when top talent falls right into your lap and playing in the Dome. Fast forward to today, and I would expect a supposed-HOF coach to be able to run a half-court offense, switch up defenses when the zone is clearly not working, or for once, take the blame for your team losing, besides scape-goating the players for not making shots, or seeming disinterested and arrogant, especially with the local media during post-games. The players run your offense, so if open looks are largely not there, it comes back to Jimmy and his plan, or lack there of. This team has talent at each position, but, once again, the talent is largely wasted and game plan is severely lacking. I'm not saying we should be Top 5, but there's no excuse to lose to Uconn, almost lose a 20-lead at home to lowly N. Fla, and South Carolina should've been a very winnable game.
Do you consider coach K one of the best? Coach K has repeatedly called Jim one of the best coaches ever...the only coach he wanted to do team USA with...but what would coach K know.