Boeheim's "Hidden Stash" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's "Hidden Stash"

A horse co-owned by a Central New York businessman and Syracuse University men’s basketball coach Jim Boeheim is headed to the 2021 Kentucky Derby.

Adam Weitsman, owner of Upstate Shredding–Weitsman Recycling, got word today from Kentucky Derby officials that Hidden Stash is among 20 horses that will compete in this year’s marquee horse race on May 1.

With the new NIL rules, look for SU players to be hawking some random scrap metal company in the future.
Ad copy: "Get your junk out of here! That's what Syracuse shot blocker Jesse Edwards says and so does Weitsman Scrap Metal Recycling..."

Last edited:
For subscribers there is a good article on the Athletic about JB's part in Hidden Stash. Interesting bit on Weitzman's racing partners being two former D3 players (one of whom has a bit of a checkered past in the AAU world). Reads like he is planning to attend and if by some miracle he pulls it off it would drive some of his peers (Pitino is quoted in the article) crazy. That said he may get $2 of my wagering but not counting on him.

Coming out of the 13 hole...

Buncha dozen alcoholic horsies if you ask me. I see a few bourbons, some spirits.

Then there are the real partygoers - Helium? Sounds like he boogies.

And don't get me started on Hidden Stash.
b7d0b611d3d927b74c6b71f5e797a5fe.jpg

Couple of other horses from my sources :)
Gone fishin', GMac went threesies with Weitsman and coach
Nepotism, Buddy and Jimmy kicked in on this one
Boeheimed, this one went public, syracusefan posters the majority shareholders ;)
Good choices. I think Tavern Zone would also work. I could see Iggy in the stands, going crazy as TZ was running.

Yesterday I was greeted by this sight at the DeWitt Wegmans. I have never recalled Wegmans acknowledging the Kentucky Derby before. I assume it’s because of Hidden Stash.

DD6CAEC0-94A7-4D1E-926C-9F1E6EFBE987.jpeg

When I sent this photo to my Louisville cousins, one of them responded with a photo of Kroger’s honoring of the Derby.

7BAE27D0-C04A-4426-9FFA-87C5539B47C6.jpeg