Boeheim's will | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's will

I get a lot of the criticism but when you think a team might suck, his stubbornness just will not allow it.

It's impressive that even at his age he won't let the wheels come off.
Personally I think we could’ve been good all year, his stubbornness wearing off is probably put us over the top the last quarter of the season.

Personally I think we could’ve been good all year, his stubbornness wearing off is probably put us over the top the last quarter of the season.
Come on now. He knew all along that if you make sure Jesse doesn't play at all until the last week of February that he would then be really good because no one would have a scouting report. He's next level.

I get a lot of the criticism but when you think a team might suck, his stubbornness just will not allow it.

Seems like just about every year, minus one offs(I.e., 2015/2017), the teams gel and somehow just make the tourney or make a deep run. I'll be the first to admit that JAB baffles the heck out of me sometimes but the professor knows what he's doing. Perhaps if his delivery were a bit more filtered the perception of him would be 100% different, but then he would not be JAB. Gawd love him. We all sit up here on our Supreme Court of the Internet bench and hand down our opinions but, like rear ends, we all have them and they often stink at the end of the day!

Or it could be the bench guys have gotten better, in better shape, practiced better, and earned more minutes.
Pretty difficult scenario to visualize of someone deserving 0 minutes to actually being a solid contributor in big games. And the only reason he actually played was because of extreme foul trouble by Marek.

Regardless of why, my bet is a combination of Jim being stubborn and the guys not playing great in practice. Either way thank goodness we are playing more guys and getting great production out of them. Kadary Bras and Jesse are all key elements of this team. Hope they all get significant minutes going forward

This strikes a religious tone.
Like when the zealots say it was "God's will" to spare the life of a child sheltering alone in the middle of a hurricane. But, God had nothing to do with the hurricane.

Either way. As Eric15 said in the game thread: "I'm not religious, but... thank you, Jesus."

That's my turtle!

Like when the zealots say it was "God's will" to spare the life of a child sheltering alone in the middle of a hurricane. But, God had nothing to do with the hurricane.

Either way. As Eric15 said in the game thread: "I'm not religious, but... thank you, Jesus."
Ok but just imagine me saying that with infinite O's

I want no comments even a hair below 100% blind automaton loyalty today y'all. It's March, 20 point acc tourney win, and it's sunny and 60 degrees. No civil war today. Lay down your weapons and salute the Orange.
salutes jack black GIF

There are a lot of folks who treat him like others do/did a former important person in our country. Will accept no criticism of the great leader.

All I know is that our program is top 8 in both basketball related revenue and expenses and for the past 7 years we have had to pray on selection Sunday to be one of 68! teams in the tournament. Some I guess can be happy with that and some just have higher expectations.

There are a lot of folks who treat him like others do/did a former important person in our country. Will accept no criticism of the great leader.

All I know is that our program is top 8 in both basketball related revenue and expenses and for the past 7 years we have had to pray on selection Sunday to be one of 68! teams in the tournament. Some I guess can be happy with that and some just have higher expectations.
It’s the incessant and overbearing bitching by the same know-it-all chuckleheads that ppl don’t accept.

Jim Boeheim knows more about basketball and about the players on the team than you do. He knows more about recruiting and building a program than you do. And he can do and say whatever he wants.

If you’re gonna bitch and moan constantly don’t be shocked when ppl who can think logically push back against the chalk board scratching nonsense that constantly spews from ppl who I would mostly classify as miserable humans who don’t know a good thing when it’s kicking them in the face for 40+ years.

Stubborn is a two-way street. Luckily, Edwards has been thrust into a more prominent role for whatever the reason. It has made a huge impact.

It’s the incessant and overbearing bitching by the same know-it-all chuckleheads that ppl don’t accept.

Jim Boeheim knows more about basketball and about the players on the team than you do. He knows more about recruiting and building a program than you do. And he can do and say whatever he wants.

If you’re gonna bitch and moan constantly don’t be shocked when ppl who can think logically push back against the chalk board scratching nonsense that constantly spews from ppl who I would mostly classify as miserable humans who don’t know a good thing when it’s kicking them in the face for 40+ years.
Weird that you would respond to that post. People don't just have to accept things especially when someone reaches an age where there has literally been 0 history of success in the sport. Dictatorships and unquestioned authority isn't really something that sparks alot of progress. Don't want to get into politics at all but we ALL know where you stand on unquestioned authority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom