Boeheim's will | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's will

It’s the incessant and overbearing bitching by the same know-it-all chuckleheads that ppl don’t accept.

Jim Boeheim knows more about basketball and about the players on the team than you do. He knows more about recruiting and building a program than you do. And he can do and say whatever he wants.

If you’re gonna bitch and moan constantly don’t be shocked when ppl who can think logically push back against the chalk board scratching nonsense that constantly spews from ppl who I would mostly classify as miserable humans who don’t know a good thing when it’s kicking them in the face for 40+ years.

Season 3 Thank You GIF by The Office

Hilarious that you’re always negative and always wrong about your favorite teams.

And I’ve been the one to call you out. You’ve proven to not know a whole hell of a lot.

Boeheim, Josh Allen, McDermott, Beane, Natew > buttchug
Lol. The team isn't even a guarantee to make a 68 team tournament and you are correct? If only I could be ecstatic about mediocrity it would make life so much easier.

There are a lot of folks who treat him like others do/did a former important person in our country. Will accept no criticism of the great leader.

All I know is that our program is top 8 in both basketball related revenue and expenses and for the past 7 years we have had to pray on selection Sunday to be one of 68! teams in the tournament. Some I guess can be happy with that and some just have higher expectations.

I’m thoroughly enjoying the victory lap after a W against an electric NC State squad...

Just when you give up on Boeheim teams he always finds a way to suck you back in. I was completely done with the season after Georgia Tech. UNC was a nice surprise. Since then this is the best we have played all season. Really looking forward to this version of Buddy for 30 games next year If he can put it together.

Last edited:
He's stubborn publicly, but pragmatic in-house. He's been at this game for 40 years and some haven't caught on yet.

"He's not ready!!!*"

*Until next week
And then appearently not ready the next week after though.

Weird that you would respond to that post. People don't just have to accept things especially when someone reaches an age where there has literally been 0 history of success in the sport. Dictatorships and unquestioned authority isn't really something that sparks alot of progress. Don't want to get into politics at all but we ALL know where you stand on unquestioned authority.
Here We Go Epix GIF by PENNYWORTH

Just when you give up on Boeheim teams he always finds a way to suck you back in. I was completely done with the season after Georgia Tech. UNC was a nice surprised. Since then this is the best we have played all season. Really looking forward to this version of Buddy for 30 games next year If he can put it together.
I was contemplating today if Moten's scoring record is going to be in jeopardy. Having about 4.7 seasons worth of games is kind of illegal but so be it. He'll be around halfway there at the end of the year and would need about 20ppg the following 2 years to make it close. JB probably invented Covid to get Buddy to the top of the records books.

Lol. The team isn't even a guarantee to make a 68 team tournament and you are correct? If only I could be ecstatic about mediocrity it would make life so much easier.
What annoys me is we all know the floor of JB coached seasons.
It’s a team on the bubble.

I swear if there is no objectivity allowed by several posters in this threads. It’s either knell before Zod or you are a hater.

The negativity around the program is consistent mediocrity and those wanting to puff don’t get JB gets credit when the team looks like it today.
It was the best performance of the season.

I just want to make the tournament it doesn’t mean the program complaints aren’t any less valid.

What people wanted was done. What I can’t stand are narrative people who will spew it just shows practice has really worked.

I don’t believe for a second Jesse after the Miami game till the Georgia Tech game practices much different but it won’t stop narratives.

What annoys me is we all know the floor of JB coached seasons.
It’s a team on the bubble.

I swear if there is no objectivity allowed by several posters in this threads. It’s either knell before Zod or you are a hater.

The negativity around the program is consistent mediocrity and those wanting to puff don’t get JB gets credit when the team looks like it today.
It was the best performance of the season.

I just want to make the tournament it doesn’t mean the program complaints aren’t any less valid.

What people wanted was done. What I can’t stand are narrative people who will spew it just shows practice has really worked.

I don’t believe for a second Jesse after the Miami game till the Georgia Tech game practices much different but it won’t stop narratives.

I think at the very minimum we have one more win if he just played Edwards against Pitt in the dome. Its very frustrating he didn’t trust him earlier this season and I wonder if that’s because we had so little offseason to get ready this year.

The change in the rotation isn’t the only thing that is different about the team and its players.

And all of those things that are different & better can be attributed to, you guessed it, good coaching.

I was contemplating today if Moten's scoring record is going to be in jeopardy. Having about 4.7 seasons worth of games is kind of illegal but so be it. He'll be around halfway there at the end of the year and would need about 20ppg the following 2 years to make it close. JB probably invented Covid to get Buddy to the top of the records books.

If it's possible to whip out an asterisk, you just did.

He won’t pass Moton but he will end up top 5 which is fine. As long as he plays well I don’t care when he ends up.

He won’t pass Moton but he will end up top 5 which is fine. As long as he plays well I don’t care when he ends up.
There's a shot that he gets REAL close.

Currently at 1054. If he averages 18 for 3 more games this year that brings him to 1108. If he then averages 18 a game for 34 games each of the next 2 seasons that is 1224. That would get him to 2332. Moten is at 2334.

There's a shot that he gets REAL close.

Currently at 1054. If he averages 18 for 3 more games this year that brings him to 1108. If he then averages 18 a game for 34 games each of the next 2 seasons that is 1224. That would get him to 2332. Moten is at 2334.
If he averages 18PPG it means he is playing well so I would take it.

If he averages 18PPG it means he is playing well so I would take it.
Think the biggest problem he would face getting there is lack of FTA. Needs to double the 1.5 career average which he's done 4 of the last 5 games. Not a huge number but pushes 16.5ppg more towards 18.

SU turning its season around has been directly related to Kadary Edwards and Bras having their roles increased.
Is it because the staff coached them up or because they were provided an opportunity to play.
I firmly believe it is more the latter. Practice time has been limited this year. Im glad that Jim started playing them and im sure that they have all improved during the year. Im also sure they should have been playing significantly more earlier in the season.

I think the frustration is that it seems every thread morph’s into this discussion.

And just because half the board doesn’t want Boeheim’s head on a platter, doesn’t mean they disagree with a lot of the same key points.

The board was nearly unanimous early on that Kadary was the guy at point. I know I called for it very early and was frustrated by his lack of minutes. Once Jesse got real minutes it was easy to recognize his potential impact, but nobody knew that beforehand.

Trusting JB’s opinion in regards to these matters bc of his experience vs wanting him fired are two polar opposite ends of the spectrum. There’s been little middle ground between board members this season. That gets tiresome, it’s as divisive as everything else that’s been stuffed down our throat for the past year.

I think the frustration is that it seems every thread morph’s into this discussion.

And just because half the board doesn’t want Boeheim’s head on a platter, doesn’t mean they disagree with a lot of the same key points.

The board was nearly unanimous early on that Kadary was the guy at point. I know I called for it very early and was frustrated by his lack of minutes. Once Jesse got real minutes it was easy to recognize his potential impact, but nobody knew that beforehand.

Trusting JB’s opinion in regards to these matters bc of his experience vs wanting him fired are two polar opposite ends of the spectrum. There’s been little middle ground between board members this season. That gets tiresome, it’s as divisive as everything else that’s been stuffed down our throat for the past year.
Jim will never be fired. He position as a HOF coach and SU ICON will last forever or almost as long as his stubbornness:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom