Boeheim's worst coaching job | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's worst coaching job

cuseincincy

All Conference
Although "coaching" may be a little generous. His absolute refusal to give any of the players that jump started the team in the first half any time in the 2nd left him with a tired team, again. Tired and less athletic is a bad combo.

And...Aminu Mohammed is really good. No excuse though for a 6'5" guard to go for 15 rebounds. None.

Although "coaching" may be a little generous. His absolute refusal to give any of the players that jump started the team in the first half any time in the 2nd left him with a tired team, again. Tired and less athletic is a bad combo.

And...Aminu Mohammed is really good. No excuse though for a 6'5" guard to go for 15 rebounds. None.
That’s what a real 5 star looks like

he's on auto-pilot.

i knew it after the villanova presser...

talking about we dont compare ourselves to the 6th best team in the country?? thats a pretty weak thing to say imo...borderline firable imo

and then saying we dont ahve a bench and havent had one since dion waiters? just laughable.

who chooses the bench? who picks the players? its not the reporters!!!!!

and the way he reviews and recaps the games...listen closely and its clear he is not changing anything he does no matter what. epitome of stubborn.

Buddys getting ready for the NBA...sit back and enjoy.

if it just so happens that his worst season is with his two sons as starters...he should retire.

I do not want to add to the board melt down after this game but has Syracuse ever started at 5-5 under Boeheim?
I was wondering this as well - in my memory (which isn't that great), I don't recall ever having 5 losses this early in the season. It's not even January yet. I thought JB would definitely get past 1000 wins (again) this year, but now I'm not so sure.

His kids are good too I can't believe he ruined that.

Cole and Benny are beyond underwhelming but Edwards is great and Girard is a good player that would be great if he got to play off the ball at all.

Kadary and one decent forward and this team is OK. Why was Marek not begged to return? Hes not playing in a good Euro league and NIL rules should have made it easy to twist his arm. I get Braswell saying 'no way Jose' once he saw a second Boehiem transferring in and what that meant for his minutes but Marek too thought his would drop?

I was wondering this as well - in my memory (which isn't that great), I don't recall ever having 5 losses this early in the season. It's not even January yet. I thought JB would definitely get past 1000 wins (again) this year, but now I'm not so sure.

To be fair, this year has not been the mediocre-mid-major-don't-leave-NY-b4-January-cupcake-fest but even so, we still lost to toothpaste...

he's on auto-pilot.

talking about we dont compare ourselves to the 6th best team in the country?? thats a pretty weak thing to say imo...borderline firable imo

and then saying we dont ahve a bench and havent had one since dion waiters? just laughable.

and the way he reviews and recaps the games...listen closely and its clear he is not changing anything he does no matter what. epitome of stubborn.

if it just so happens that his worst season is with his two sons as starters...he should retire.
Buddy is playing himself out of any consideration for NBA draft. He has to shoot the lights out for teams to even consider him as he is way too slow footed to defend in the NBA. (He's too slow to defend now). And he's shooting poorly this season.

They started 5-5 two years ago.
Great catch...how soon we forget. Just looked back and it was a loss to Georgetown on Dec 14th 2019 that moved us to 5-5. That was an interesting game called by the refs. 31 fouls against Syracuse and 9 against Georgetown. 89-79 loss when we were outscored at FT line 24 to 5. Guess that is why I forgot the game!!!

Yeah, completely forgot how badly we started out 2 years ago (but at least we beat Colgate that year). And how ironic it was that Georgetown gave us our 5th loss almost 2 years to the day.
I thought moving the the ACC was supposed to be good for our programs? Both football and hoops have gone downhill since and worse, we keep getting beat by our old Big East foes.

he's on auto-pilot.

Good post, Cardiac. He also gives the final nod as to who gets recruited. Slow team. Foot speed isn’t up to par with mid-majors.

Buddy is playing himself out of any consideration for NBA draft. He has to shoot the lights out for teams to even consider him as he is way too slow footed to defend in the NBA. (He's too slow to defend now). And he's shooting poorly this season.
Buddy playing in the NBA is a pipe dream. Any NBA scout would just need to turn on the tape of the Houston game last March and see how Dejon Jarreau locked Buddy up and threw away the key. There are dozens and dozens of Jarreaus in the NBA. Buddy can't defend at that level, doesn't have the handle and can't create his own shot either.

I don’t see how he’s not back next season. I think he’ll turn around his 3-pt percentage in ACC play but it won’t be good enough to get a sniff from the NBA.

I don’t see how he’s not back next season. I think he’ll turn around his 3-pt percentage in ACC play but it won’t be good enough to get a sniff from the NBA.
Coming back won’t improve his chances. Just one less season to earn pay overseas.

It's not done yet...

1639346608149.png

he's on auto-pilot.

This is what I mean when I say JB is not committed to getting a championship level roster or championship level goals

His kids are good too I can't believe he ruined that.

Cole and Benny are beyond underwhelming but Edwards is great and Girard is a good player that would be great if he got to play off the ball at all.

Kadary and one decent forward and this team is OK. Why was Marek not begged to return? Hes not playing in a good Euro league and NIL rules should have made it easy to twist his arm. I get Braswell saying 'no way Jose' once he saw a second Boehiem transferring in and what that meant for his minutes but Marek too thought his would drop?
The pizza deals alone….

This is what I mean when I say JB is not committed to getting a championship level roster or championship level goals

What is he committed to?

Coaching has been fine, outside of playing buddy a bit too much at times, until his shooting numbers go up.

We cant run the pass and pop for cole, or the screen square and pop for Buddy with their shooting percentages. Those are plays you run with a full shot clock, not at the end. Now that they are our 4th and 5th options because of %, it throws everything out of order.
Rebounding toughness drills are needed. Another thing to consider Cole is our best rebounder, but hes not on the offensive glass(watch over the back), and Jimmy and Symir can hit the three

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom