Boeheim's worst coaching job | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's worst coaching job

Perhaps a better comparison is to Andy Rautins...although Andy's defense was waaaaay better.
Andy played 5 NBA games as a second round pick.

Perhaps a better comparison is to Andy Rautins...although Andy's defense was waaaaay better.
Andy played 5 NBA games as a second round pick.
Buddy's size, 6'7vs 6'4, gives him an advantage over Andy, but he has little to no lateral movement on D.
2-guards/SF's would eat his lunch in the NBA.

If Reddick can have a successful 15-year career, I still think Buddy can get a whiff in the league. He really wouldn't be expected to do anything other than shoot. And you don't have to play defense in the NBA all that often.

Reddick was a workout monster. He and GMac came in about the same time, and by the time they finished, Gerry looked the same, and Reddick had a body ready to withstand the physicality of the NBA.

I wish Buddy was Steve Novak.

He is not even close to JJ Redick who was a 4 time first all-ACC and one of the best college players in the OAD era which I say started with Melo in 2003.

Novak was a great shooter and didn’t play 35+ MPG.

My original quote that started all this nonsense: "If Reddick can have a successful 15-year career, I still think Buddy can get a whiff in the league." By stating I think he can get a "whiff" in the league is by no means stating I believe Buddy will have the same career as Redick. My only intention in the comparison was to say that with comparable size and shooting ability, I think somebody may take a flyer on Buddy and, if he proves himself once there, he may be able to stick around in the league. That is all I was trying to get across. NEVER was this an argument that he is as good as Redick or will have that same type of career.

My original quote that started all this nonsense: "If Reddick can have a successful 15-year career, I still think Buddy can get a whiff in the league." By stating I think he can get a "whiff" in the league is by no means stating I believe Buddy will have the same career as Redick. My only intention in the comparison was to say that with comparable size and shooting ability, I think somebody may take a flyer on Buddy and, if he proves himself once there, he may be able to stick around in the league. That is all I was trying to get across. NEVER was this an argument that he is as good as Redick or will have that same type of career.
Buddy has never shot over 40% from 3 in 1 season.
The worst season shooting from 3 Redick ever had was 39.5% from 3. That would be better any Buddy season.

Again the comp for Buddy would be somebody like Duncan Robinson or Steve Novak.
Redick was an NBA starter and rotation player his entire career.
Buddy would be a deep bench guy looking to fill a role.

I think Buddy’s shooting is overrated or he takes too many shots that aren’t good.
He can get hot but the idea he is this 40% 3 pt shooter is a myth and it’s not hating on the kid at all.
He is a solid player who can shoot I don’t think he has shown he is a consistent elite shooter though. Which a lot on here try to make a narrative as a fact.

That's fine, compare him to whoever you want. The only point of my entire argument was that I think he is good enough to at least get a shot in the NBA. If you disagree with that, that's fine. But again, my argument was never a direct comparison of Buddy and Redick, which I think most people took from my original post in this thread.

That's fine, compare him to whoever you want. The only point of my entire argument was that I think he is good enough to at least get a shot in the NBA. If you disagree with that, that's fine. But again, my argument was never a direct comparison of Buddy and Redick, which I think most people took from my original post in this thread.
Yeah, well, you're still wrong!!!!

Besides, he wants to be Klay Thompson.

Who has said he won’t get a shot?
Andy Rautins got a shot.
You used JJ Redick’s name which is why you are getting pushback.

Again Buddy has never made an all-ACC team. The kid can get hot. The preseason hype this year I second guessed. I think he will get a shot but I don’t see an NBA player.

Who has said he won’t get a shot?
Andy Rautins got a shot.
You used JJ Redick’s name which is why you are getting pushback.

Again Buddy has never made an all-ACC team. The kid can get hot. The preseason hype this year I second guessed. I think he will get a shot but I don’t see an NBA player.
Ok, well clearly I shouldn’t have mentioned Redick, regardless of the fact that it wasn’t a direct comparison. Lesson learned.

I didn't mention anyone who thought he won't get a shot. All I said is I thought he would. I thought it was a meaningless post. Wasn't trying to start a war here.

Ok, well clearly I shouldn’t have mentioned Redick, regardless of the fact that it wasn’t a direct comparison. Lesson learned.

I didn't mention anyone who thought he won't get a shot. All I said is I thought he would. I thought it was a meaningless post. Wasn't trying to start a war here.

Some here try to start a war in every thread.

Buddy is a good college player. Ill be surprised if he plays much in the NBA.

I was hoping that off season conditioning was going to mean a step up in his quickness. Haven't seen it so far.

Buddy has never shot over 40% from 3 in 1 season.
The worst season shooting from 3 Redick ever had was 39.5% from 3. That would be better any Buddy season.

Redick was an NBA starter and rotation player his entire career.
Buddy would be a deep bench guy looking to fill a role.

I think Buddy’s shooting is overrated or he takes too many shots that aren’t good.
He can get hot but the idea he is this 40% 3 pt shooter is a myth and it’s not hating on the kid at all.
He is a solid player who can shoot I don’t think he has shown he is a consistent elite shooter though. Which a lot on here try to make a narrative as a fact.
I think he could be an elite shooter in college, if he had a coach actually trying to get him good looks by running some actual offense.

Bingo. Think about how often redick got open off screens and picks WITHOUT the ball. The lack of open shots is pretty shocking and that’s on dad for that one ...
We used to run Andy Rautins off screens all the time. What happened to the offense we used to run? Even last year we ran more off-ball screens for Buddy and Joe. This year it’s so much iso.

yeah, the offensive talent in the NBA is sooooo good that it makes even great defenders look average.

Also, I think a lot of people underrate Redick. The guy played about the same number of minutes in college as Buddy (for context here), even started a few games as a frosh, scored almost 3,000 points in college, 1400+ more points than Buddy, attempted nearly twice as many threes as Buddy, and never shot less than 39.5% in a season, and .406 for his career. Buddy hasn't topped 38% once and is 36% for his career. Plus Redick was a good defender in college.

ETA: Meant to write "Buddy topped 38% once."
The offensive player always has the advantage. I could score on players twice as good as me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom