Boise State to BE in 2012? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boise State to BE in 2012?

The ACC has delayed announcing its schedules for 2012 to give Pitt and SU every chance to join early. Swofford has said the window for doing is about to close.

We need two things to leave early:

1) a fast and favorable ruling in the WVU/Big East lawsuit. I believe there was just a ruling that determined the WVU is going to happen, it will be held in Morgantown and that the judge is a WVU grad. So far so good.

2) replacements for at least 2 of the 3 schools leaving need to be found for the 2012 season. That would help minimize the damages the conference will suffer from Pitt and SU leaving early.

I know that in addition to Boise State, the Big East is pressuring San Diego State to join in 2012. If they can get both of these schools, they could play with 7 football members for a year, like they did after the first ACC raid. Who knows, they might be able to get a CUSA school or two to leave early as well.

Definitely a long shot, but this still could be the last year for Syracuse to play in the Big East.

The B12 is planning to announce their schedule with WVU here in the next week. I have to believe the WVU thing is already settled.

Lets see. SU's 2012 schedule had a TCU on it. A game that would draww a nice crowd for SU and maybe be a TV game. $$$$$. The 2012 schedule also had a WVU game on it. Even though an away game, it might still have been a decent TV game. $$$$. TCU, was allowed to come into the BE and then leave without SU having a say in it at all. The WVU is going to be allowed to leave the BE after the BE said everyone had to abide by the 27 month rule and SU didn't have a say in that at all either. In fact, the money the BE will get from WVU probably won't trickle down to SU at all either. Do you know how many other decisions were made by basketball only schools?

BTW, if UConn voted to allow TCU and WVU to leave, then we should sue your asses too for culpability in doing harm to our financial outlook.

Lol, you're so full of .

You make it seem as if the Big East wanted those teams to leave. West Virginia is leaving the BE. We can't stop it - the only thing the BE can do is to try and reach a financial settlement.

Lol, you're so full of .

You make it seem as if the Big East wanted those teams to leave. West Virginia is leaving the BE. We can't stop it - the only thing the BE can do is to try and reach a financial settlement.

Incorrect. They do not have to agree to anything. It is a FACT SU had no say in those matters. So, ergo, decisions the BE made have impacted SU negatively. It's really not hard to figure out. But of course you're stuck in the BE so you're blind and bias because you had a say in both matters.

Incorrect. They do not have to agree to anything. It is a FACT SU had no say in those matters. So, ergo, decisions the BE made have impacted SU negatively. It's really not hard to figure out. But of course you're stuck in the BE so you're blind and bias because you had a say in both matters.

Yeah, you're right. The Big East National Guard needs to be sent in to occupy Morgantown, WV to disallow them to play Big12 opponents. WV is leaving and in doing so they are willing breaching their contract. There will be some sort of financial settlement reached.

I still say we are out this year, somehow, someway, Should know in a week or two max

Yeah, you're right. The Big East National Guard needs to be sent in to occupy Morgantown, WV to disallow them to play Big12 opponents. WV is leaving and in doing so they are willing breaching their contract. There will be some sort of financial settlement reached.

Ask yourself this one single question.

Why is every BE football school (including UConn) trying to get out?

That answer will allow you to see the light and will tell you that the BE has been a cluster and completely mismanaged. I don't see one single basketball only school striving to get out.

I still say we are out this year, somehow, someway, Should know in a week or two max

Since the TV contracts call for schedules to be given to them this month, it has to be in the next couple weeks. Months ago I was 90% sure we would be out this year, I am at 50/50 right now but it is still possible. All depends on how much $$$$ we want to pay.

Since the TV contracts call for schedules to be given to them this month, it has to be in the next couple weeks. Months ago I was 90% sure we would be out this year, I am at 50/50 right now but it is still possible. All depends on how much $$$$ we want to pay.

Agreed, I would say we have a two week window, I am sure Syracuse has a bottomline number that makes sense, if that becomes available and the move can be made it will be done.

Agreed, I would say we have a two week window, I am sure Syracuse has a bottomline number that makes sense, if that becomes available and the move can be made it will be done.
given the current state of the football facilities, SU would be crazy to pay anything more than a tiny sum to leave now - home attendance will not significantly improve based on opponents alone until the product on the field shows improvement - much better to save and re-invest their money than to donate it to the BE schools for a one year schedule upgrade

given the current state of the football facilities, SU would be crazy to pay anything more than a tiny sum to leave now - home attendance will not significantly improve based on opponents alone until the product on the field shows improvement - much better to save and re-invest their money than to donate it to the BE schools for a one year schedule upgrade

you have to take into account any extra $$ we would get from an extra year in the acc.

you have to take into account any extra $$ we would get from an extra year in the acc.

Worst case, we get our cut of WVU's reported $24M exit agreement, right? I can't imagine they are going to hand that money out to schools that aren't officially in the league right?

I fear we're stuck in the Big East for 2012, BE would stall as much as it needs to so they can avoid having a worst case, potential 5 team league.

Worst case, we get our cut of WVU's reported $24M exit agreement, right? I can't imagine they are going to hand that money out to schools that aren't officially in the league right?

I fear we're stuck in the Big East for 2012, BE would stall as much as it needs to so they can avoid having a worst case, potential 5 team league.

There is no reason why the BE cannot use WV, SU, and Pitt exit fees to buy out the exit fees for Boise, SD St, Hou, SMU, and UCF. The BE could be a 10 team league next year and RU, UConn, UL, Cincy, and USF con't need to go find replacements for WV and TCU late in the game.

I am pretty sure we do not get a cut of WV's exit fee, since we have given notice we are leaving. It has been discussed on the board before.

Like I said, I am sure they are weighing the financial impact on both ends and have the # they need to make it work as Bees said there is money to be made by jumping as well. The sooner the better

I am pretty sure we do not get a cut of WV's exit fee, since we have given notice we are leaving. It has been discussed on the board before.

Seems inconsistent. League can profit off SU while they're in the waiting period to exit, but SU cannot have access to the league's profits during that time?

Maybe those are standard terms of exit fees in contracts these days, who knows, but I would think the schools collectively wouldn't have wanted to sign up for them.

Lets see. SU's 2012 schedule had a TCU on it. A game that would draww a nice crowd for SU and maybe be a TV game. $$$$$. The 2012 schedule also had a WVU game on it. Even though an away game, it might still have been a decent TV game. $$$$. TCU, was allowed to come into the BE and then leave without SU having a say in it at all. The WVU is going to be allowed to leave the BE after the BE said everyone had to abide by the 27 month rule and SU didn't have a say in that at all either. In fact, the money the BE will get from WVU probably won't trickle down to SU at all either. Do you know how many other decisions were made by basketball only schools?

BTW, if UConn voted to allow TCU and WVU to leave, then we should sue your asses too for culpability in doing harm to our financial outlook.

This is why I think WVU's argument that the Big East hurt the value of their programs / media properties has some merit. Pro-Big East folks have dismissed that point of view, but the simple fact is the basketball folks handled the whole thing with THEIR, and not necessarily ALL of the conference members' interests in mind.

Marinatto made a lot of statements post-ACC announcement that reflected poor stewardship, bad choices in terms of economics and application of conference rules that disadvantaged some teams (that is, the hoops onlies were essentially allowed to run the whole football expansion process). How well did that turn out for those who will remain?

Remember, we don't get to share in any more money so long as we stay in the Big East - it all gets applied to our exit fee. Plus, even if the team remains as it is right now (that is, a .500 team), we will still draw an extra 5,000 per game based on the quality of opponents. Book it right now.

Remember, we don't get to share in any more money so long as we stay in the Big East - it all gets applied to our exit fee. Plus, even if the team remains as it is right now (that is, a .500 team), we will still draw an extra 5,000 per game based on the quality of opponents. Book it right now.

Agree 100% Matt

Agree 100% Matt
Interesting question is what happens to our OOC games. If we all jump immediately, we will play 9 ACC games, and the U$C game seems set in stone. So we would have to boot Minnesota, Northwestern, or Stony Brook.

Interesting question is what happens to our OOC games. If we all jump immediately, we will play 9 ACC games, and the U$C game seems set in stone. So we would have to boot Minnesota, Northwestern, or Stony Brook.

I'd guess Northwestern since we've already fulfilled a home and home with them.

I'd guess Northwestern since we've already fulfilled a home and home with them.
That would be my preference also. Hopefully we would get an ACC game in the Dome that weekend. What a way to kick off the new stomping grounds.

That would be my preference also. Hopefully we would get an ACC game in the Dome that weekend. What a way to kick off the new stomping grounds.

Imagine a schedule like this (shot in the dark):

Maryland
USC (Meadowlands)
Stony Brook
@ Minnesota
Clemson
@ Florida State
NC State
@ Georgia Tech
North Carolina
@ Wake Forest
Pittsburgh
@ Boston College

Home schedule of Maryland, Clemson, NC State, UNC, and Pitt (and baby seal Stony Brook)? So much better than the Big East dreck.

get rid of Stony Brook...What do we play them anyway...a win against them is worst than a loss against FSU in my book

get rid of Stony Brook...What do we play them anyway...a win against them is worst than a loss against FSU in my book
A win against them counts toward bowl eligibility, which the loss against FSU does not.