Boise State to BE in 2012? | Syracusefan.com

Boise State to BE in 2012?

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
The Big East is trying to get Boise State to join in 2012, replacing the early exiting couch burners.

If they took WVU's place exactly, our one time away game in Morgantown will become a game on blue turf in Boise.

https://twitter.com/wilnerhotline

Well, it's one less game we have to worry about scheduling.

Makes sense if WVU is going to pay 24 million to get out and it will cost Boise State 24 million to get out of the Mountain West the Big East is better off making that trade and basically taking the 5 million from Syracuse and Pitt.

Wow very cool however we can pencil in a loss Boise is almost impossible to win at. Still great venue

Cool. Too bad it wouldn't be here. Pitt, UConn, Lville, NW, Stoneybrook and another FCS or a MAC isn't going to draw them in.

Maybe Boise could replace TCU. That could be in lieu of the harm the BE has done to us.

Sent from my DROIDX

Cool. Too bad it wouldn't be here. Pitt, UConn, Lville, NW, Stoneybrook and another FCS or a MAC isn't going to draw them in.

Maybe Boise could replace TCU. That could be in lieu of the harm the BE has done to us.

What does that even mean?

Please tell me Moore is gone.

Moore is gone, as is Doug Martin, their very good running back, they also lose their 2nd leading rusher. And their leading receiver.

I think they take a step back from their recent domination of their schedule. Of course, people would then say it's because of the tough Big East.

Moore is gone, as is Doug Martin, their very good running back, they also lose their 2nd leading rusher. And their leading receiver.
They also lost their OC.

What does that even mean?

It means that TCU and WVU was suppose to be on our schedule. But for the failings of an incompetent and corrupt BE office, that only cared about Providence and what basketball only schools wanted, will cost us money, possible TV exposure and other perks that go along with playing teams like that. It also means we are stuck with UConn for another year.

It means that TCU and WVU was suppose to be on our schedule. But for the failings of an incompetent and corrupt BE office, that only cared about Providence and what basketball only schools wanted, will cost us money, possible TV exposure and other perks that go along with playing teams like that. It also means we are stuck with UConn for another year.

Regardless of what the Big East could have done after the first ACC raid it still would have been the least 'prestigious' conference and in turn, had the worst tv deal. Nobody is ever going to call BE leadership visionaries, but to say they are incompetent, corrupt and only care about basketball is a bit much.

Unless there was some obvious solution that would fixed everything that you can enlighten us with?

Regardless of what the Big East could have done after the first ACC raid it still would have been the least 'prestigious' conference and in turn, had the worst tv deal. Nobody is ever going to call BE leadership visionaries, but to say they are incompetent, corrupt and only care about basketball is a bit much.

Unless there was some obvious solution that would fixed everything that you can enlighten us with?
I don't know about corrupt, but incompetent and only care about basketball are spot on.

Cue Meatloaf

I don't know about corrupt, but incompetent and only care about basketball are spot on.

Again, what should have / could have the Big East done for you to have not viewed them as incompetent and prevented Raid #2.

SOLUTION NUMER ONE: go back to the uconn board!

Dr. Gross has made similar comments in the past but has been silent for awhile. I don't think it will happen in 2012 but would love to see it! Go Cuse!!

That is the first time that I have heard someone from the Pitt administration say something. Pitt is very tight-lipped about things.

That is the first time that I have heard someone from the Pitt administration say something. Pitt is very tight-lipped about things.
The ACC has delayed announcing its schedules for 2012 to give Pitt and SU every chance to join early. Swofford has said the window for doing is about to close.

We need two things to leave early:

1) a fast and favorable ruling in the WVU/Big East lawsuit. I believe there was just a ruling that determined the WVU is going to happen, it will be held in Morgantown and that the judge is a WVU grad. So far so good.

2) replacements for at least 2 of the 3 schools leaving need to be found for the 2012 season. That would help minimize the damages the conference will suffer from Pitt and SU leaving early.

I know that in addition to Boise State, the Big East is pressuring San Diego State to join in 2012. If they can get both of these schools, they could play with 7 football members for a year, like they did after the first ACC raid. Who knows, they might be able to get a CUSA school or two to leave early as well.

Definitely a long shot, but this still could be the last year for Syracuse to play in the Big East.

The ACC has delayed announcing its schedules for 2012 to give Pitt and SU every chance to join early. Swofford has said the window for doing is about to close.

We need two things to leave early:

1) a fast and favorable ruling in the WVU/Big East lawsuit. I believe there was just a ruling that determined the WVU is going to happen, it will be held in Morgantown and that the judge is a WVU grad. So far so good.

2) replacements for at least 2 of the 3 schools leaving need to be found for the 2012 season. That would help minimize the damages the conference will suffer from Pitt and SU leaving early.

I know that in addition to Boise State, the Big East is pressuring San Diego State to join in 2012. If they can get both of these schools, they could play with 7 football members for a year, like they did after the first ACC raid. Who knows, they might be able to get a CUSA school or two to leave early as well.

Definitely a long shot, but this still could be the last year for Syracuse to play in the Big East.

That would be awesome. The Big East is dead to me.

Lets see. SU's 2012 schedule had a TCU on it. A game that would draww a nice crowd for SU and maybe be a TV game. $$$$$. The 2012 schedule also had a WVU game on it. Even though an away game, it might still have been a decent TV game. $$$$. TCU, was allowed to come into the BE and then leave without SU having a say in it at all. The WVU is going to be allowed to leave the BE after the BE said everyone had to abide by the 27 month rule and SU didn't have a say in that at all either. In fact, the money the BE will get from WVU probably won't trickle down to SU at all either. Do you know how many other decisions were made by basketball only schools?

BTW, if UConn voted to allow TCU and WVU to leave, then we should sue your asses too for culpability in doing harm to our financial outlook.