Bold Predictions | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bold Predictions

The presence of the Dalai Lama in the Dome on Oct. 9 will create a magnetic shift of its aura, a 44th dimension will open up, and no SU team will lose a game within its confines for the entire season. Also, BMK's hands will suddenly develop grotesque muscles.

Despite averaging a little under 20 minutes per game, Baye Moussa Keita becomes the nation's premier shot blocker on a per-minute basis. He anchors the SU zone in its late season runs through the BET and NCAAT and plays himself into an NBA late-lottery pick.

He then goes on to a longer and more substantive NBA career than Fab Melo

Corduroy will give me all year and make dozens of posts titled "Let's Go (insert underdog)"

Syracuse will lose a game and it will only be because the refs were totally against us, or Boeheim did something dumb like play his best players for most of the game instead of putting <insert bench player here> in.

Oh, and Higgins or Burr, whichever one didn't retire, will be boo'd after some call at the dome.

Our starting center will play in the postseason , lead the Big East in boards and be named league rookie of the year.
James will start not Rak......but only until the middle of January where he will lose all his playing time. Trevor Cooney will pick up valuable minutes and play a role in us returning to the FF.

We will push it inside well even against a zone, and will be good at beating both m2m and zone.

Triche and Fair have hesitation in the lane and love to work out of the high post even into the low. MCW's is 6'6 with speed. Southerland and Fair have height and good passing abilities. DC2 and Rak can score inside as well as Grant. If Dajuan or Rak ever developed a 12 footer we could be scary good inside.

-MCW wins BEPOY and legit player of the year candidate by year end
-we hit #1 again this season(schedule sets up nicely yet again)
-while #1 [hack sportswriter/TV personality] claims [insert half assed reason we can’t win it all, i.e., no offensive dudes, etc.]. Mini board meltdown.
-people freak out when ESPN claims San Diego State is ‘not a true road game’
-Legit breakout from Rak
-J-South 6th man of year
-Triche delivers a great senior season, still gets maligned on the board.
-People begin to realize that the Big East isn’t that good past the top two(us and Louisville)
-break attendance record again(Georgetown) and GU trembles at what might happen for Gameday.
-Regular season BE champs again
-#1 seed in East(Philly, DC) AND our center plays this time
-After playing tourney in Philly & DC in front of Orange Nation, media asks if it’s fair to have us so close to home. Hundreds of posts claiming media bias ensue.
-we win the National title on the 10 year(and 1 day) anniversary of the last one.
-JB rides off into sunset.
Lol

I'm hoping he opens up his chalet in Beaver Creek instead

I didn't realize they had started building on the lake front lots at Beaver Lake. Cool.

WE HAVE 3 HEALTHY BIG MEN GOING INTO THE NCAA'S AND TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE

that is the majority opinion . . . I am of the opinion that the majority is wrong and is highly over-rating the kid (I wish I didn't have to add that doesn't mean that I think he is not a valuable and important piece)
that is a better way of stating it - he's a 4 in a 3's body

I predict that these assessments of CJ Fair's game are going to be dispelled in about three months, en route to him being all conference in 2012-2013. Book it.

People forget what JB said last year, once everything is said and done CJ could be one of the best players ever out of Baltimore.

People forget what JB said last year that once everything is said and done CJ could be one of the best players ever out of Baltimore.
whattt??? he said that?

My BOLD predictions.

Syracuse is a 30 win team but no player on the team makes 1st team all Big East.

Our seventh leading scorer's PPG is within 5 of our leading scorer.

James Southerland starts and Fair continues to be a force off the bench, but they play about the same MPG.

Fair catches the ball farther away from the basket than he has the past two years, and drives to the hoop more.

Teams try to press us far more than they did last year and Carter-Williams excels against it.

People expecting Carter-Williams to be a first team All American are going to be slightly disappointed with him even though he will be good.

Cooney will be very good when he sees the court and people will want to see more of him (criticizing Boeheim often in the process) but he wont play as much as he might have because team's try to pressure us a lot and Carter-Williams + Triche's ball handling will be invaluable.

Coleman will be a very good rebounder but it will not show on the stat sheet.

The Big East will not be the best conference in basketball.

I get hammered in New York for the last ever Big East tournament (ok maybe this prediction is not so bold).

My salty predictions, few like things too bland, other than San Diego State:

Mantonio will actually have a post less optimistic than this thread. He may also reach enlightenment as I am watching live on one of his shows.

Some national reporter at some point dares to ask if we are as good as KY. We champion them, and demand they be rehired.

The board sees a real meltdown(or more), unlike last year. Folks demand a "dislike" button for posts.

At least 1 other prediction on this thread comes true. Yes, that's how bold I think they are. Is Mantonio a hacker?!?! :)

Ron Paul and/or Gary Johnson actually dissolve the media lock on our minds and show a 3rd party is not only the only right answer, but a viable one as well. This allows us to actually be able to enjoy sports a bit longer before bigger problems cloud our minds.

Unibrow's replacement doesn't live up to expectations(possible injury). KY leaves the tourney quicker than currently expected(they don't win it). SU sends them home, with a MCW dunk over the browannabe to win it.

People forget what JB said last year, once everything is said and done CJ could be one of the best players ever out of Baltimore.

Not shooting the messenger, but that's meaningless if true. One of those Boeheim overstatements.

My salty predictions, few like things too bland, other than San Diego State:

Mantonio will actually have a post less optimistic than this thread. He may also reach enlightenment as I am watching live on one of his shows.

Some national reporter at some point dares to ask if we are as good as KY. We champion them, and demand they be rehired.

The board sees a real meltdown(or more), unlike last year. Folks demand a "dislike" button for posts.

At least 1 other prediction on this thread comes true. Yes, that's how bold I think they are. Is Mantonio a hacker?!?! :)

Ron Paul and/or Gary Johnson actually dissolve the media lock on our minds and show a 3rd party is not only the only right answer, but a viable one as well. This allows us to actually be able to enjoy sports a bit longer before bigger problems cloud our minds.

Unibrow doesn't live up to expectations(possible injury). KY leaves the tourney quicker than currently expected(they don't win it). SU sends them home, with a MCW dunk over the brow to win it.
Are you referring to Nerlens here or Anthony Davis??

Not shooting the messenger, but that's meaningless if true. One of those Boeheim overstatements.
Are all of JB's compliments meaningless overstatements or just the ones you don't agree with? Meaningless is your quote.

Are you referring to Nerlens here or Anthony Davis??

Good catch, I was tired and meant his replacement. I try to forget KY players as quickly as I can, and regardless of what SU does couldn't stand to see a repeat. Thanks man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom