Boneyard | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Boneyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can spout off about 4 to 1, call themselves superior and call us names all day long. Good for them. When i look at the recruits we have on board as well as actively being in the mix with other bigtime prospects and then look over at the hodge podge they are working with and weaker recruiting classz it speaks volumes. Even with ncaa penalties looming we are sitting in a better position than they are. Which if those 4 titles and their "program" was held in a higher regard as their fans say it is then they should be reeling in bigtime talent and be in the national picture still.

Those nitwits. Can't they understand that their stock would be higher if they were in a power 5 conference? That ranking wasn't what schools have had the greatest success over the last 20 years. It's looking forward and is making a judgment about what jobs are the best. No non power 5 school is going to be ranked high.

They can spout off about 4 to 1, call themselves superior and call us names all day long. Good for them. When i look at the recruits we have on board as well as actively being in the mix with other bigtime prospects and then look over at the hodge podge they are working with and weaker recruiting classz it speaks volumes.

According to Scuot, Adams was #18 in his class, Hamilton was #14 & Purvis was #12.

Who are the guys you have on board that were higher rated? I'm asking seriously because I don't know.

According to Scuot, Adams was #18 in his class, Hamilton was #14 & Purvis was #12.

Who are the guys you have on board that were higher rated? I'm asking seriously because I don't know.
I have a better question. What are you doing here? And while you are here, what happened to the big news that was coming in May according to your R board?

We're too big to get ourselves in a pissing match with a Connecticut fan. I thought we all stopped thinking about them two years ago?:)

Question: so I just created a boneyard account to help provoke um... interesting discussion over there. I mean, actually, in all seriousness I intend on being a fun and respectful part of that community. But anyhow, it won't let me post and says I have "insufficient privileges". What does that mean, and how am I supposed to get these mystical "privileges".

Question: so I just created a boneyard account to help provoke um... interesting discussion over there. I mean, actually, in all seriousness I intend on being a fun and respectful part of that community. But anyhow, it won't let me post and says I have "insufficient privileges". What does that mean, and how am I supposed to get these mystical "privileges".
smilie.gif

Declare your hatred for all things Syracuse. That is a start. Explain how UConn is the gem of realignment. That should do the trick.

That's because registration requests have to be approved by an admin. The same is true here.

I work three jobs. I get around to the admin stuff between jobs.

That's because registration requests have to be approved by an admin. The same is true here.

Ah, I did not realize that. Anyhow, I'm good to go now anyway. It was only a short delay anyhow. You guys here must be really good, because I don't remember any delay at all!

I work three jobs. I get around to the admin stuff between jobs.

You also have to keep in mind that most Uconn fans have trouble reading, so that makes the process even longer.

Not going into a war of words on this. The hatred spewed on your board is a bit misguided as it can be here. Purvis is a transfer. Hamilton was over rated and adams i know little about tbh but based upon your results this season they arent even close quality wise to the normal supporting cast. You had a incredible run on the backs of walker and napier with some favorable paths and opponents to help the cause. That was both impressive and fortunate but now still in that black hole of a conference you arent getting much press or showing a strong hand for the future. Fluky is the wrong wording but given both were cinderella runs vs dominance and expected success they dont hold the same weight as a program that is in the top 10 year in year out and has talent to see that out going forward. Blast the media for that, hate on cuse whatever you want but it is what it is for you all. As for recruiting, Richardson has been rated top 20 to top 25 all along. We are in the mix with simmons a top 15 guy even if its late in the game. Lydon and diagne are mildly underrated and howard is top 60. Thats 4 top 60 quality recruits and one top 20 for 2015. Moyer will continue to move up and if simmons falls in that could be two more in 2016. I dont see where Uconn has anything comparable there. Again just an objective view. Spewing fire is pointless but inevitable i guess.

This board probably wouldn't exist in its current state without temery's support. Bash UConn all you want, but leave temery out of it.

To borrow a phrase: there's temery, then 50 feet of crap, then everyone else. The guy runs these two havens of idiocy in his spare time and somehow maintains sanity.

Not going into a war of words on this. The hatred spewed on your board is a bit misguided as it can be here. Purvis is a transfer. Hamilton was over rated and adams i know little about tbh but based upon your results this season they arent even close quality wise to the normal supporting cast. You had a incredible run on the backs of walker and napier with some favorable paths and opponents to help the cause. That was both impressive and fortunate but now still in that black hole of a conference you arent getting much press or showing a strong hand for the future. Fluky is the wrong wording but given both were cinderella runs vs dominance and expected success they dont hold the same weight as a program that is in the top 10 year in year out and has talent to see that out going forward. Blast the media for that, hate on cuse whatever you want but it is what it is for you all. As for recruiting, Richardson has been rated top 20 to top 25 all along. We are in the mix with simmons a top 15 guy even if its late in the game. Lydon and diagne are mildly underrated and howard is top 60. Thats 4 top 60 quality recruits and one top 20 for 2015. Moyer will continue to move up and if simmons falls in that could be two more in 2016. I dont see where Uconn has anything comparable there. Again just an objective view. Spewing fire is pointless but inevitable i guess.

Rankings are nice but in the end every kid you mentioned is just an unproven high schooler. Napier was barely top 75, Emeka was like 100, Brimah near 250. It's a crap shoot, in many ways.

That said, Enoch is a top 60-75 recruit on three of the four recruiting sites, ESPN doesn't rank him. Still even with Adams that's only 2-4. So yes Cuse has more higher ranked recruits coming in in 2015. UConn though has capitalized on transfers in Miller and Gibbs. Transfers may not count in recruiting classes but they do suit up so I don't think they can be completely discounted. Honestly, next year who will do more for their teams: SUs four freshmen or UConns 2+2? It will be interesting to see. The number of transfers UConn has brought in has made it harder to compare recruiting classes, IMO.

Still just for S+G, in 2016 UConn has a transfer coming in named Larrier. He's a transfer and "doesn't count" but still will be filling a spot for UConn in 2016-2017 and IMO is a comparable talent to Moyer. Who knows who reaches their potential? Again we shall see.

If you want to count Simmons, UConn can count King (again, comparable players) and both Cuse and UConn can count Gilbert. Right now King has UConn in his top 5 and Gilbert has both schools in his top five (he's top 30-50).

The one true 2016 kid UConn has is Diarra who is only 125 right now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him around 75 in the final rankings (JMHO), he's had a very good spring, but it will have to continue into the summer...

It's just way too early to compare 2016 classes. UConn could have 4-7 spots available on top of Larrier and Diarra.

Still just for S+G, in 2016 UConn has a transfer coming in named Larrier. He's a transfer and "doesn't count" but still will be filling a spot for UConn in 2016-2017 and IMO is a comparable talent to Moyer.

But we're the delusional ones.

I just don't see it that way. I think Ollie is really getting it done on the recruiting trail and he has put a team together that can look to the FF as a realistic goal. I don't see a gap in talent between UConn and SU as programs and as teams in 2016, most people have UConn in the top 20.

It doesn't matter if Purvis is a transfer - or Gibbs & Miller are grad transfers. Just that they are on the court. All 3 are big time players who will be be starting immediately.

Hamilton got 11 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists per game last year. He had a more productive year (especially as a playmaker) than the similarly ranked McCullough - the biggest difference is that Hamilton is back for his sophomore year.

Going forward, Richardson is highly rated and but so is Adams. I think the consensus is that Adams is slightly better coming out of HS. Adams will be coming into a talented backcourt, so I doubt he starts and likely will be playing 2 or more years.

Enoch is rated higher on scuout than any of the bigs you are bringing in 2015 but rated below them on other services. UConn is in the mix with several high rated players for 2016. They did get former top 30 player Larrier as a transfer from VCU. Both SU and UConn are after Gilbert but the tea leaves seem to be in UConn's favor at this point.

I think Ollie and UConn both have positive energy to remain attractive to top players.

But we're the delusional ones.

Help me understand your thinking on this - why is this delusional? Larrier was more highly regarded out of HS and transferred when Smart left VCU for TX.

I just don't see it that way. I think Ollie is really getting it done on the recruiting trail and he has put a team together that can look to the FF as a realistic goal. I don't see a gap in talent between UConn and SU as programs and as teams in 2016, most people have UConn in the top 20.

It doesn't matter if Purvis is a transfer - or Gibbs & Miller are grad transfers. Just that they are on the court. All 3 are big time players who will be be starting immediately.

Hamilton got 11 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists per game last year. He had a more productive year (especially as a playmaker) than the similarly ranked McCullough - the biggest difference is that Hamilton is back for his sophomore year.

Going forward, Richardson is highly rated and but so is Adams. I think the consensus is that Adams is slightly better coming out of HS. Adams will be coming into a talented backcourt, so I doubt he starts and likely will be playing 2 or more years.

Enoch is rated higher on scuout than any of the bigs you are bringing in 2015 but rated below them on other services. UConn is in the mix with several high rated players for 2016. They did get former top 30 player Larrier as a transfer from VCU. Both SU and UConn are after Gilbert but the tea leaves seem to be in UConn's favor at this point.

I think Ollie and UConn both have positive energy to remain attractive to top players.

I know you're trolling, but 4 years at Seton Hall/Cornell =/= "big time." Maybe Purvis, but we're now three years removed from his graduating high school.

Help me understand your thinking on this - why is this delusional? Larrier was more highly regarded out of HS and transferred when Smart left VCU for TX.

Because I have eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.