Bonus Time | Syracusefan.com

Bonus Time

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
Everything here on out is bonus time for me. This team has already accomplished more than anyone would’ve given them credit for at any point during this season.

Throw out the seeds once you get to the Sweet 16. It’s survive and advance. We’ve got an opportunity to play our way into the Elite 8. Our team looks to have solidified at the absolute most opportune time.

I’m so confident in our ability to score. The defenses we’ve played in succession were two of the best we’ve seen all season. Certainly on par with Virginia and Clemson if not tougher. We’ve handled the on ball pressure extremely well. When it’s extended we’ve gotten inside and found ways to finish. Our ball movement is as good as it’s been all season.

Defensively, although most won’t put it on the same level as some of our teams historically, we’ve been extremely active and effective. I love that Houston’s going to be seeing it for the first time Sunday. Braswell may not stuff a stat sheet but he’s been great, assignment sound and can dump a trey in addition to finishing at the rim a handful of times. Jesse Edwards solidifies the 2nd unit and strengthens the defense when we need it most.

Our rotations are clean and coach is confident in the bench. They have really exceeded expectations in the tournament and outside of Buddy’s scoring are probably as an important a reason for the W’s as any other.

When you’re playing with house money, everything feels a bit easier. I really hope that carries over.

What a finish this team is putting together. How fun is this?

Everything here on out is bonus time for me. This team has already accomplished more than anyone would’ve given them credit for at any point during this season.

Throw out the seeds once you get to the Sweet 16. It’s survive and advance. We’ve got an opportunity to play our way into the Elite 8. Our team looks to have solidified at the absolute most opportune time.

I’m so confident in our ability to score. The defenses we’ve played in succession were two of the best we’ve seen all season. Certainly on par with Virginia and Clemson if not tougher. We’ve handled the on ball pressure extremely well. When it’s extended we’ve gotten inside and found ways to finish. Our ball movement is as good as it’s been all season.

Defensively, although most won’t put it on the same level as some of our teams historically, we’ve been extremely active and effective. I love that Houston’s going to be seeing it for the first time Sunday. Braswell may not stuff a stat sheet but he’s been great, assignment sound and can dump a trey in addition to finishing at the rim a handful of times. Jesse Edwards solidifies the 2nd unit and strengthens the defense when we need it most.

Our rotations are clean and coach is confident in the bench. They have really exceeded expectations in the tournament and outside of Buddy’s scoring are probably as an important a reason for the W’s as any other.

When you’re playing with house money, everything feels a bit easier. I really hope that carries over.

Great post. We have played 2 very good teams, Houston will be the 3rd. If we keep Marek out of foul trouble we can beat them. The fact that Kadary Bras and Edwards are now tournament tested is huge. Also like that we are playing in Hinkle and like the late start.

Not going to expect it but the way the brackets are breaking, anything is possible. That Aztecs fan may be outed as a witch for his prediction that we'll be pulling a 2014 UConn in this tourney.

If you didn’t watch the regular season we looked like a 3 seed these 2 games.
Whopped a 6 seed and played a 3 seed yesterday to a game we dominated and just had a few bad stretches.

We dominated both teams and won these games. These weren’t grind fests. It was tremendous all around basketball in 2 games.

Amazing. I can’t express the 180 turnaround we had.
It all started after that week off after the Clemson game.

Buddy won the UNC game.
Alan won the Clemson game and we turned into a great team.

Anything more is gravy.

A problem with the JB defense is that good coaches who have coached against it seemed to have figured out how to beat it. Many in the ACC have. Also having "kids" who have seen it makes a big difference. Kids who are seeing for the first time seem to really get bothered by the long arms/legs flashing in front of them and get jittery. Experienced players not so much.

Outside of Baylor and Gonzaga the other 14 anyone could win games.

I am not going to be greedy.
I actually think Rutgers was a worse team AND matchup for us next round.
While Houston is better the unfamiliarity will help unless they make an insane amount of shots.
Those are the only two teams I don’t want to play. Michigan would be next.

Yeah, we didn't really expect to be here, but now that we're here, might as well keep playing well and winning.

Marek is so good. Just really skilled. The ACC knows how to handle him, but he creates issues for teams that don't know his game. WFVU and San Diego State don't play a defense that's intended to account for a 5 that can create from the perimeter or on the fastbreak. Why would they?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom