Bourama Sidibe is averaging 9.3 fouls per 40 minutes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe is averaging 9.3 fouls per 40 minutes

There were a few games last year he came in and played well offensively. Not just put backs but had a couple moves to create a shot. The Pitt game comes to mind. I don't understand how that has completely gone away.
I remember at the beginning of the non-conference season last year, so meaning the beginning of his freshman year, people were talking about how good he looked for a frosh with his footwork and moves under the basket. The consensus was that he had great potential. I need to look up the stats but he had a few good games, granted they were against tomato can type teams. But you could see the potential was there. Then the tendinitis flared up and he was never really the same and didn’t appear to be progressing except for the “holy water” game against Pitt and some short stretches here and there late in the season.

I don't think he's fully healthy, he just seems a step slow on defense. The offseason will help him a lot, but hoping this doesn't turn into another Coleman situation

I think next season, with a full off season to train and not rehabilitate, we’ll see a much improved Sidibe.
I would kill for that,but just don’t believe it. The ineffectiveness I’ve seen from this guy has nothing to do with health. It has to do with a lack of ability.

I would kill for that,but just don’t believe it. The ineffectiveness I’ve seen from this guy has nothing to do with health. It has to do with a lack of ability.

I need to watch some footage of him from HS. I have no starting point to gauge whether or not he lost a lot in regard to athleticism, explosiveness, etc...he's always just sort of been hurt (like DC as mentioned above).

I feel like we saw some glimpses last year to indicate he that at worst he would be a good depth guy. He seemed to have an ability to hit a short hook, etc...needed some work on his moves, but seemed promising enough. This year, more often than not he seems all sorts of discombobulated - and not in the fun way like we get from OB when he drives head down and flings the ball wildly in whatever direction he imagines the rim may be! :)

Sidibe leads the country... the entire country... in total fouls with 106 (!!!!!).

Well his staunch supporters say just wait until next year. After all he had 2 points and 5 boards in 11 minutes. Great per, 18 rbs/ 40. Probably MVP of the game, except he would have had 18 fouls. He fouled out in 11 minutes of action. I cant imagine it can get worse than that. Well I guess it can, imagine if gets more time next year.

I've always been on the side that believes he isn't a power 5 starter, but he hasn't had much help this year. Many of those fouls are due to breakdowns from other areas of the zone.

Now he certainly commits his fair share, but to blame him completely doesn't seem fair.

Seems like half of the calls on Sid are ridiculous and totally bogus. He breathes on someone its a foul.

Wish nothing but the best for him personnally and hope he has a wonderful career after basketball but he should not be the starting center for an ACC team (I know that statement is on repeat for several years). AO, Rick Jackson and Christmas aren't walking through that door, not sure what the staff's challenge is with recruiting at least serviceable center who is not 6 ft 11; 185 LB er or 'a project'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom