Bourama Sidibe | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

Rothstein really went out on a limb there. In related news, there's a strong chance that Boeheim plays only the 2-3 Zone next year.
That raises an interesting question. What would our lineup look like if we played man to man? Chukwu probably would be riding the pine

Well, once we get Thorpe, there's a good chance he might be wrong on 2/3 or possibly all three.

If we land Thorpe, we have a tremendous amount of lineup flexibility, with numerous players capable of "capably" manning multiple positions.

Will be interesting to see if the likes of Chukwu, Howard, etc. take their games up a notch, or are basically the same.

How come this thread title doesn't have "Signed LOI with Syracuse" or equivalent?

I think he's going to mostly ride the pine anyways. Fully expect TT or Sidibe to start at C.

Sidibe is a lot better than Chukwu. I guarantee that. I couldn't care less that I haven't seen BS play one second of college ball. He's better. Sidibe played many games against tough competition and thrived. Guys like Deng Gak amd even Nick Richards. I'm not sure what JB will do with our lineup, but Sidibe is miles ahead of Chukwu in every facet. At the very least, Bourama has coordination of his arms and legs. I know that's brutal towards PC but I'm just speaking the truth. Hopefully, Chukwu will be more comfortable and understand his role as a guy who just needs to use his height. That's it. Just stay in the paint and play tall.

Sidibe has a high hoops IQ, runs well, has good hands (he can finish layups with both; I've seen it with my own eyes) and can defend. He's more than capable of making a 15 footer. He is a mediocre foul shooter but his form is fine. He needs to work on his strength. He is thin but not skinny. Think senior year BMK. That could be an issue this year and I don't think he will be a big scorer this season but he can chip in. He will get BMK comparisons but he has better hands and is a more capable offensive player. Defensively, Baye wasn't a shot blocker but he really played the middle of the zone well, especially in help defense.. Sidibe is a shot blocker, so to me, that mitigates PC's only strength, when comparing the two players.

Sidibe is a lot better than Chukwu. I guarantee that. I couldn't care less that I haven't seen BS play one second of college ball. He's better. Sidibe played many games against tough competition and thrived. Guys like Deng Gak amd even Nick Richards. I'm not sure what JB will do with our lineup, but Sidibe is miles ahead of Chukwu in every facet. At the very least, Bourama has coordination of his arms and legs. I know that's brutal towards PC but I'm just speaking the truth. Hopefully, Chukwu will be more comfortable and understand his role as a guy who just needs to use his height. That's it. Just stay in the paint and play tall.

Sidibe has a high hoops IQ, runs well, has good hands (he can finish layups with both; I've seen it with my own eyes) and can defend. He's more than capable of making a 15 footer. He is a mediocre foul shooter but his form is fine. He needs to work on his strength. He is thin but not skinny. Think senior year BMK. That could be an issue this year and I don't think he will be a big scorer this season but he can chip in. He will get BMK comparisons but he has better hands and is a more capable offensive player. Defensively, Baye wasn't a shot blocker but he really played the middle of the zone well, especially in help defense.. Sidibe is a shot blocker, so to me, that mitigates PC's only strength, when comparing the two players.
Well done! I am equally enthusiastic about him but my enthusiasm for Brisset and Dolejac supersede him but I truly believe we picked up a great unproven class

Good stuff. Yeah, I remember your review of him before. From that and what I have deduced on my own; I really see no way how he doesn't leapfrog Chubaka quickly in all facets of the game. This is a good thing. Too much Chukwu at the 5 would be a disaster, IMO, assuming of course he stays about the same level of a player regardless of the eye issue.

Do you think he has enough lower body strength to establish position on both ends? You have seen him more than me, this is my biggest concern. I love his potential. I think TT will be the starting center interesting to see if someone else steps up as the backup.

When I see a kid with his body I wish we still had Corey Parker up on the Hill.

Do you think he has enough lower body strength to establish position on both ends? You have seen him more than me, this is my biggest concern. I love his potential. I think TT will be the starting center interesting to see if someone else steps up at center.

His legs are an issue, I agree. He is not the type of center to establish low post position and call for the ball in the post (at least I didn't see a tremendous amount of that). He absolutely needs to work on getting a stronger base and using it. I agree about TT starting at center. That allows our other forward slots to be filled by the three freshmen (including RS Moyer).

I think Sidibe will be solid and smart and chip in but has the ability to be much more of a scorer down the road.

Do we have a nickname for Bourama yet?

Can we call him CarMax? Or Weebee? Am I the only one who thinks of his name when I see this?

Had to google to be sure but the dude on the left played Stevie Kenarben's father, Abe, on 'Malcolm in the Middle'. One of my favorite all-time shows & Stevie's one of my fav all-time TV characters.

Let's get crazy & call him "Rama in the Middle".

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1051.PNG

Do we have a nickname for Bourama yet?

I would think "boo" would be a natural . . . imagine 30,000 domers serenading blocked shots with "Booooo!!!!"

Please tell me that there's a better option than starting Chukwu this season - the program can't be that bad off right now.

That 71 minutes he played with one eye last year was enough of a sample for you to form an expert opinion? Staff was very high on his defensive ability going into last season. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.