Bourama Sidibe | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

That 71 minutes he played with one eye last year was enough of a sample for you to form an expert opinion? Staff was very high on his defensive ability going into last season. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Wasn't most of those 70 minutes with two fine eyes?

That 71 minutes he played with one eye last year was enough of a sample for you to form an expert opinion? Staff was very high on his defensive ability going into last season. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Not an expert opinion, but yeah - I saw enough to know that he looked like a mid-major project and not an ACC caliber basketball player. Hope I'm wrong, but I'd rather see him coming off the bench to show me he's capable, because if he's the best option at center then I'm very concerned.

I fully expect Chukwu to be given every opportunity to win the starting role in the pivot. But I'm wondering how quickly we might see things swing towards Sidibe, despite him weighing 210.

Kid can PLAY. And it might not be the worst thing to take some lumps in the short term to accelerate his learning curve for long-term benefit.

I fully expect Chukwu to be given every opportunity to win the starting role in the pivot. But I'm wondering how quickly we might see things swing towards Sidibe, despite him weighing 210.

Kid can PLAY. And it might not be the worst thing to take some lumps in the short term to accelerate his learning curve for long-term benefit.

Sidibe weighs 210 but he's got a pretty strong upper body. His legs are way too thin.

Sidibe weighs 210 but he's got a pretty strong upper body. His legs are way too thin.

You've watched that kid play at the HS level more than anyone -- what is your expectation / prediction?

Just curious, because your opinion here is far more informed than just about anyone else on this prospect.

You've watched that kid play at the HS level more than anyone -- what is your expectation / prediction?

Just curious, because your opinion here is far more informed than just about anyone else on this prospect.

It sounds to me like JB almost wants PC to start. I think JB was a bit dumbfounded by how ineffective PC was last season. This is PC's 4th year in college, so I think JB will give him the nod.

Talent wise you guys will see right away that BS is superior. He's not a polished offensive player but he has good hands and can finish with both hands. He can make a jumper out to 15 feet, favoring a shot from the elbow. Defensively, BS has a chance to be exceptional in the zone. St. Benedict's plays a lot of 2-3 and Sidibe played both the wing and the middle. He's a great shot blocker with outstanding timing. His weight will be an issue, especially in ACC play but his hoops IQ will help him adapt. He has a solid motor and positioning. He's one of those guys who cleans up the garbage around the rim. Always in the right place at the right time. Not a good FT shooter but decent form. He's been coached very well.

I'm with you, RF. I can see PC starting but BS winding up getting a lion's share of the playing time. I think we should start Bourama.

Sidibe looks like BMK and his play is similar but he's got more offense and shot blocking.

I think we will see them on the court at the same time.

It sounds to me like JB almost wants PC to start. I think JB was a bit dumbfounded by how ineffective PC was last season. This is PC's 4th year in college, so I think JB will give him the nod.

Talent wise you guys will see right away that BS is superior. He's not a polished offensive player but he has good hands and can finish with both hands. He can make a jumper out to 15 feet, favoring a shot from the elbow. Defensively, BS has a chance to be exceptional in the zone. St. Benedict's plays a lot of 2-3 and Sidibe played both the wing and the middle. He's a great shot blocker with outstanding timing. His weight will be an issue, especially in ACC play but his hoops IQ will help him adapt. He has a solid motor and positioning. He's one of those guys who cleans up the garbage around the rim. Always in the right place at the right time. Not a good FT shooter but decent form. He's been coached very well.

I'm with you, RF. I can see PC starting but BS winding up getting a lion's share of the playing time. I think we should start Bourama.

Sidibe looks like BMK and his play is similar but he's got more offense and shot blocking.

Would you compare his game to maybe gorgi Deng from Louisville? He surprised me with how skilled he was tbh,

A BMK with better hands, AND offense would be pretty alright with me...

FIFY. ;)

Love me some BMK, the Matrix was just awesome for us - but he had hands like he was wearing greased oven mitts.
And other than that one inexplicable game against G-Town in the BET, when he was pulling shots out of his arse (he did a crazy spin move thing, that actually then went in!), he really never had very much on O, at all.

Sidibe is a fluid athlete, and with improving O skills - as was said, he can finish w/ both hands - it took Rak until his Jr year to be able to do that.

Thats very encouraging. He was a hell of a player.

Well, yeah, he's not at that level now.

One thing I'm not thrilled about is his weight. If he's really 205, that's about what he weighed in the spring. I really hoped he'd be up to 215. His coach told me he thinks he can and will put on weight. He's not one of those guys who can't do so.

Well, yeah, he's not at that level now.

One thing I'm not thrilled about is his weight. If he's really 205, that's about what he weighed in the spring. I really hoped he'd be up to 215. His coach told me he thinks he can and will put on weight. He's not one of those guys who can't do so.

well i mean if he can develop into Deng before he left, i dont think nor would i expect for him to come in as skilled as Deng was his last year at LVille, they just seem to have very similar body types, athleticism, an hopefully skill set for their age. But regardless your reports are very encouraging, if he can hold down the middle our D can keep us in games if we play the zone we are accustomed too. We have been horrific on Def the past few years.

well i mean if he can develop into Deng before he left, i dont think nor would i expect for him to come in as skilled as Deng was his last year at LVille, they just seem to have very similar body types, athleticism, an hopefully skill set for their age. But regardless your reports are very encouraging, if he can hold down the middle our D can keep us in games if we play the zone we are accustomed too. We have been horrific on Def the past few years.

I'd be shocked if he's not above average in the zone right away. His high school 2-3 was very good and it moves similarly to ours. He really moves well and is cerebral. I love his shot blocking and how he triggers breaks by keeping the ball in play. He runs the floor like a deer. He played soccer back in Bali. I can't emphasize enough how well-coached he is.

I'm bummed we haven't heard much about him since he's been on campus. That's somewhat discouraging but I'm probably reading too much into it.

Hoping he is vocal like BMK. Need someone that isn't shy about calling stuff out.

I wonder if the NCAA will allow a translator out there with him, and if so, let's find a really tall one.

Ha. He understands and speaks English fine but with a thick accent. You can tell he's not all that comfortable with it but is progressing rapidly.