Bourama Sidibe | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

And what exactly would be wrong with that? Thompson is our 6th all time leading scorer and Harris is our 15th all time leading rebounder in just 3 seasons. I think your expectations are a little on the inflated side. While I would love to have a class of 5 - 5 stars, what about folks "expectation" that we would pull 5 such players was even remotely realistic?

There's nothing wrong with that, but as RF and others have pointed out in this thread, we need 2 dependable shooters to play on the wing next year, and so far we don't have one, even among the guys it is hoped that we close for.

Sorry to sound so repetitive / pessimistic to some, but we have a glaring need for a couple guys who are going to come in and score as freshmen. Quade can give us some of that, but if we have to replace White, Gillon, Lydon and Battle (worst case scenario), we need at least 2 more legitimate shooters/scorers in this class, and so far we have a top PG and two four year guys for the front court. Very solid players, but not guaranteed scorers as freshmen.

There's nothing wrong with that, but as RF and others have pointed out in this thread, we need 2 dependable shooters to play on the wing next year, and so far we don't have one, even among the guys it is hoped that we close for.

Sorry to sound so repetitive / pessimistic to some, but we have a glaring need for a couple guys who are going to come in and score as freshmen. Quade can give us some of that, but if we have to replace White, Gillon, Lydon and Battle (worst case scenario), we need at least 2 more legitimate shooters/scorers in this class, and so far we have a top PG and two four year guys for the front court. Very solid players, but not guaranteed scorers as freshmen.

Shooting and Wing players are needed for next season, don't know how anyone could disagree with that. It would be nice to address that with at least one 5star kid but it doesn't look like that will happen. This is where the previous seasons ship restrictions have cost us. We couldn't get a kid like Huerter because we were short on ships.

Last edited:
I'm late to this discussion but unless this guy's got really long arms and tremendous basketball skills, 6'9" for a center isn't overly impressive.

6-9 is more than tall enough for a collegiate center. Zero issues there.

Plus, this kid might be taller than that.

And what exactly would be wrong with that? Thompson is our 6th all time leading scorer and Harris is our 15th all time leading rebounder in just 3 seasons. I think your expectations are a little on the inflated side. While I would love to have a class of 5 - 5 stars, what about folks "expectation" that we would pull 5 such players was even remotely realistic?

It really isn't about 5* guys. It's about guys who are ready to contribute. We would have been fine with Randolph and he is a 4* guy. You can't be elite in this era if you can't shoot. This isn't 1995. You need to make 3's. We saw that a few years ago when we had NO shooters.

It's just disappointing that there were more 4 and 5* 2/3's than any other position in these classes and we weren't/aren't in the drivers seat for any. I 100% agree with IthacaMatt.

In fairness to IthacaMatt - Two things about the Paul Harris comparison: he had a reputation of being all-universe and in reality he was a very limited player at the college level, and secondly we need shooting and PH, for all his strengths was not a shooter at all. So far it is entirely possible that Hami is Paul Harris part 2, his rep is that of all-world, but in reality he could have fundamental shortcomings in areas that are of critical importance to us. (note: I said possible, not probable).

That said: of course we should all be thrilled if we land a guy like Hami. You just do not turn away players like that. And Ithaca - while you have reasonable points about some of the needs of the team going forward, your approach has been extremely sour and particularly pessimistic. Nobody is going to agree with you that GMac has screwed the pooch or that the end is neigh. If this staff hasn't done enough to build your trust that they will come through with a good-to-great roster for 17, then what could they possibly do to ever earn that trust? In that light, your posts sound like a spoiled kid whining about his Christmas presents not being good enough.

In fairness to IthacaMatt - Two things about the Paul Harris comparison: he had a reputation of being all-universe and in reality he was a very limited player at the college level, and secondly we need shooting and PH, for all his strengths was not a shooter at all. So far it is entirely possible that Hami is Paul Harris part 2, his rep is that of all-world, but in reality he could have fundamental shortcomings in areas that are of critical importance to us. (note: I said possible, not probable).

That said: of course we should all be thrilled if we land a guy like Hami. You just do not turn away players like that. And Ithaca - while you have reasonable points about some of the needs of the team going forward, your approach has been extremely sour and particularly pessimistic. Nobody is going to agree with you that GMac has screwed the pooch or that the end is neigh. If this staff hasn't done enough to build your trust that they will come through with a good-to-great roster for 17, then what could they possibly do to ever earn that trust? In that light, your posts sound like a spoiled kid whining about his Christmas presents not being good enough.

That was not a knock on Hami, by the way, just a recognition of his skill set. If we are lucky enough to get him, that's great, but he's a physical specimen, athletic player, who best skill is getting to the hoop. I see him as being somewhere between Stephen Thompson but taller (an all-time great for us) and Paul Harris, who despite his critics, I thought was a terrific player for us. Didn't he average 11 rebounds a game his second year? But neither was an outside shooter.

Shea Cotton, for those old dogs who follow recruiting, could be who Hami turns out to be, too - someone with the physical gifts to overpower HS kids, but when playing against people with his own size and athleticism couldn't take it to the next level.

I like the kids we are rumored to be getting, but we need a couple shooters and don't seem to be leading for the ones who haven't already signed elsewhere. That's why I'm getting kind of nervous.

That was not a knock on Hami, by the way, just a recognition of his skill set. If we are lucky enough to get him, that's great, but he's a physical specimen, athletic player, who best skill is getting to the hoop. I see him as being somewhere between Stephen Thompson but taller (an all-time great for us) and Paul Harris, who despite his critics, I thought was a terrific player for us. Didn't he average 11 rebounds a game his second year? But neither was an outside shooter.

Shea Cotton, for those old dogs who follow recruiting, could be who Hami turns out to be, too - someone with the physical gifts to overpower HS kids, but when playing against people with his own size and athleticism couldn't take it to the next level.

I like the kids we are rumored to be getting, but we need a couple shooters and don't seem to be leading for the ones who haven't already signed elsewhere. That's why I'm getting kind of nervous.

Regarding the wings we were in play for, only Alex Connell and Brandon Randolph seemed to be the consistent outside scorers. Hamidlou and Lonnie Walker seem to be slasher driving type of scorers. Tucker appears to be like Southerland in the little clippings I have seen. I may have missed one..

Possibly. I was heartened by hearing about his wingspan. That's been JB's priority for EVERY POSITION in the past half dozen plus years.

“They love me,” Sidibe said of Syracuse.

“Mike Hopkins absolutely loves him. He said Bourama is a cross between Jerami Grant and Tyler Roberson,” Taylor aid of two Syracuse forwards. “Bourama in many ways is better, he is longer and has a better shot. When he fills out, look out.”

I've seen him listed anywhere from 6'9'' to 6'11''. By the time Rothstein get's here to visit for practice next season he will be taller than Chukwu.

2 in the can.

#3 -- come on down.

Hope that despite the Monday announcement, that Sidibe gets his NLI in prior to the deadline.

Who is 4?

2 in the can.

#3 -- come on down.

Hope that despite the Monday announcement, that Sidibe gets his NLI in prior to the deadline.
Looks like it's going to be a verdant weekend. ;)

Last edited:
2 in the can.

#3 -- come on down.

Yeah, I don't get these guys announcing after the 16th. Unless like you are thinking. It's a little different than normal. But then again, recruiting has been far from normal.

Yeah, I don't get these guys announcing after the 16th. Unless like you are thinking. It's a little different than normal. But then again, recruiting has been far from normal.

Kids want their moment. Quade wants to announce at his school's Midnight Madness. Sidibe probably wants a little space between Green's announcement and his own, so that he can his moment.

any chance he's actually signing by tomorrow (end of early signing period) before he announces next week?

Maybe its just me bc the way this cycle has gone and I know were the heavy fav but I will be surprised if he picks us Monday.