Bourama | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama

Chino didn’t show half of what Sidibe did on two healthy legs his freshman year.

I know he was injured, and by default he'll be better than Chinoso and has already surpassed him, but Sidibe outside of 2 games last year, he's at 80% putting up similar numbers and ineffectiveness.

I'm not exactly sure his ceiling is really as high as people say it is.

And I think quite warranted after that Pitt game. You need to go back to Rakeem's senior
year to find games similar to that one, and then ...? SU has not been a team to commit to
a low post game, except for Rakeem's last year, and suddenly he's capable of 17 ppg after
shooting 60% as a junior? I know the stat geeks like to say long 2s are inefficient, and the
"40% from deep requires 60% from two to stay even", but, remind me, what's SU shooting
from deep this year? 40% would be a staggering leap upwards, and right now, opponents
don't need to shoot 60% to win. I think, at least until the shooting improves, they ought to
look for any semblance of a low post game. The best shot they can take is one they can
make, and right now, that ain't a 3.

Kev

Shots that go in count for more than shots that don't.

I have been following college basketball quite a bit less entering this season. And while Ayton and Trier are gone, I was surprised to see Arizona so lowly rated.

They were 11 point dogs tonight, and +475 to win.

I have been following college basketball quite a bit less entering this season. And while Ayton and Trier are gone, I was surprised to see Arizona so lowly rated.

And they are beating Gonzaga - with defense.

They were lightly regarded because of the FBI investigation which caused all but one of their recruits to decommit.

Oops wrong thread.

I know he was injured, and by default he'll be better than Chinoso and has already surpassed him, but Sidibe outside of 2 games last year, he's at 80% putting up similar numbers and ineffectiveness.

I'm not exactly sure his ceiling is really as high as people say it is.
Meanwhile he's high scorer at the half tonight.

I happen to think Sidibe's very talented, but based purely on my uninformed but close observation, I don't believe it's at all crazy to say "he doesn't look like he'll contribute."

The guy looks like he has a serious chronic condition. He can't jump and he moves gingerly.

Now maybe it's a matter of conditioning and shaking off rust because he's spent 18 months either playing hurt or rehabbing from surgery. I hope so. Because he's way more skilled than the average Syracuse center. But I'm concerned about his future. He doesn't look like a healthy player to me.

DaJuan Coleman on one good leg gave us more than Sid with two. If Sid truly is hurt, we can see how it's affecting every part of his game. He doesn't have the springs on defense to be an effective shot blocker, and that would explain why he doesn't go up strong with the ball to finish when he's right under the basket. I've never been more infuriated with a 7 footer who just tries to finger roll it into the basket every time he's within 2 feet of the goal. DUNK the ball!

so you're comparing the 4 years of what Coleman provided with the 1 year of Sidibe?
LOL...this thread really has the potential to reappear in Feb/March, doesn't it?

We saw the potential of a healthy Bourama. Kid played hurt most of last year and still is not 100%.

If he gets back to 100%, and you negatively compared him to a guy who was injured his entire career and ended up playing on no knees, well, let's just say that some of these H0T Takes may not age so well...

so you're comparing the 4 years of what Coleman provided with the 1 year of Sidibe?
4 years ? i think the dude planted a tree and walked in the shade.

DaJuan Coleman on one good leg gave us more than Sid with two. If Sid truly is hurt, we can see how it's affecting every part of his game. He doesn't have the springs on defense to be an effective shot blocker, and that would explain why he doesn't go up strong with the ball to finish when he's right under the basket. I've never been more infuriated with a 7 footer who just tries to finger roll it into the basket every time he's within 2 feet of the goal. DUNK the ball!

I think Paschal’s worse. He’s fully healthy. Really was encouraged by Bourama’s activity last game. He’s knocking rust off and hopefully gets stronger game by game. He’s gotta stop biting on head fakes ASAP. I always pray for him that he makes it out of there OK when he runs full speed to a corner to closeout at times on a shooter that somebody else forgot about.

The problem with centers is that they’re generally never 100%. Playing basketball is exceptionally tough on very tall people’s bodies and knees, specifically.

The problem with centers is that they’re generally never 100%. Playing basketball is exceptionally tough on very tall people’s bodies and knees, specifically.
And feet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom