Boxing | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Boxing

I wanted Berlanga to be something more, what a weird fight. I wouldn't have argued if the judges gave it to Angulo. I was happy to learn Berlanga switched trainers, but then the main thing they said they worked on (cutting off the ring) was absent for the most part. He seemed out of shape to me, we were talking about his mouth being open long before the announcers said it. Biting was stupid, guess that's frustration? Footwork looked terrible to me. He tried to show he could box, but yeah it's going to be interesting with him going forward.

Fast forward to last night, I thought going in that Joe Smith was not good at all. I gave him zero shot, and it turned out as expected. I've watched his previous fights and no skill stood out to me at all. He's like a bar fighter, he should join mma or something.

It's not just the power - it's the delivery system. Joe Smith had a musket, Artur Beterbiev a rifle. He was able to deliver shorter, more accurate punches and take the inept Smith apart. Beterbiev is 37. If they can't find competitive opponents for him he might actually retire not only undefeated but having knocked out all his professional opponents.
I agree. Talent, experience and skill matters most of all. But styles also make fights…. And probably more importantly, an ability to adjust if “Plan A” fails.

Except for Bivol, there isn’t another elite boxer in the division. I think that’s why Canelo jumped to Light Heavy and tried to give it a go…. Like the Heavyweights, the most athletically gifted larger Americans are playing a different sport these days…. Because of that, you might be right - he’ll retire undefeated.

Really good / great fighters find a weakness or tendency in their opponent’s game and exploit it. It can be really subtle (hand speed, level and angle of punch, how they reset the guard, feet placement at long range/midrange/in close, head location during exchange, shoulder dip before a punch, what sequence of punches the opponent likes to use, etc). Sometimes the opponent has the ability to adjust. Sometimes he doesn’t…. Especially if he get’s clipped early. Then we get a blowout…. Beterbiev (in broken English) described it best in the post-fight interview - “Joe is kinda open and easy to hit when he moves forward….” Or something like that. Lol…..

I think Smith’s brain trust reviewed tape of Beterbiev’s fight with Callum Smith and thought they could use that blueprint. Try to get him quickly. I was talking to myself during the 1st Rd - “Is Smith really gonna keep doing this?” Stopped jabbing, coming forward at a predictable pace and throwing wide pineapples. Walking into a puncher’s return fire. After he was countered (heavily) and “slipped” I was waiting for an adjustment. Nope. Got dropped at the bell. Came out in the 2nd and did the same thing. No adjustment. Couldn’t fight off back foot. Fight over…. He mentally checked out, like Ward said during the broadcast. I’m not a trainer, but would have tried a “Plan B” different approach after the 1st and made the Russian come to me. Like Callum Smith did after a tough 1st rd. Give yourself at least a chance to use that “musket.” Granted, easier said than done…. Going forward is what got him to this fight in the first place. Didn’t have the versatility to do anything else. Had never been hurt in the ring like that before and didn’t know how to react or adjust against a foe that was stronger, better and had him completely figured out.

Everybody “bandwagons” fighters (heck I do too). So and so looked good in the last fight so he must be the next best thing…. Promoters market the heck out of it to us. But I still believe styles make fights. Marcus Browne (like Callum Smith) gave Artur a decent scrap in a previous bout. And he’s not elite. I disagree with the “media cheerleaders” now squawking that because Beterbiev smoked Smith, he’d do the same to Canelo. And that Bivol now has no chance against this wrecking ball. Neither does Zurdo Ramirez. Only guy with a prayer is Tyson Fury. Etc, etc…. I like Artur allot, but this “prognostication” is over the top (like everything else in today’s media).

I think Beterbiev is the best 175 lber in the world. Have thought so for several years now. Strongest, most suffocating pressure fighter in the game today. Just keeps coming. Very Marciano-like. But, he can be neutralized during periods of a fight (Gvodzyk did so for about 5 rds). He’s old with many “amateur miles” on the odometer. Chin has been dented more than once (but he always gets back up). He cuts. Even living like a monk and training like a psycho isn’t gonna preserve his prime into his 40’s. And Bivol is younger, very skilled, has faster hands and is also very (amateur + pro) experienced. He might have the tools to control Beterbiev at distance. My only question - is he strong enough to keep Artur at range over 12. I wouldn’t bet on that right now. But, Dmitri is smart and versatile (he ain’t Smith) and think it (should) be a fascinating matchup. Hope it doesn’t “marinate” too much longer. But afraid it will….

I agree. Talent, experience and skill matters most of all. But styles also make fights…. And probably more importantly, an ability to adjust if “Plan A” fails.

Except for Bivol, there isn’t another elite boxer in the division. I think that’s why Canelo jumped to Light Heavy and tried to give it a go…. Like the Heavyweights, the most athletically gifted larger Americans are playing a different sport these days…. Because of that, you might be right - he’ll retire undefeated.

Really good / great fighters find a weakness or tendency in their opponent’s game and exploit it. It can be really subtle (hand speed, level and angle of punch, how they reset the guard, feet placement at long range/midrange/in close, head location during exchange, shoulder dip before a punch, what sequence of punches the opponent likes to use, etc). Sometimes the opponent has the ability to adjust. Sometimes he doesn’t…. Especially if he get’s clipped early. Then we get a blowout…. Beterbiev (in broken English) described it best in the post-fight interview - “Joe is kinda open and easy to hit when he moves forward….” Or something like that. Lol…..

I think Smith’s brain trust reviewed tape of Beterbiev’s fight with Callum Smith and thought they could use that blueprint. Try to get him quickly. I was talking to myself during the 1st Rd - “Is Smith really gonna keep doing this?” Stopped jabbing, coming forward at a predictable pace and throwing wide pineapples. Walking into a puncher’s return fire. After he was countered (heavily) and “slipped” I was waiting for an adjustment. Nope. Got dropped at the bell. Came out in the 2nd and did the same thing. No adjustment. Couldn’t fight off back foot. Fight over…. He mentally checked out, like Ward said during the broadcast. I’m not a trainer, but would have tried a “Plan B” different approach after the 1st and made the Russian come to me. Like Callum Smith did after a tough 1st rd. Give yourself at least a chance to use that “musket.” Granted, easier said than done…. Going forward is what got him to this fight in the first place. Didn’t have the versatility to do anything else. Had never been hurt in the ring like that before and didn’t know how to react or adjust against a foe that was stronger, better and had him completely figured out.

Everybody “bandwagons” fighters (heck I do too). So and so looked good in the last fight so he must be the next best thing…. Promoters market the heck out of it to us. But I still believe styles make fights. Marcus Browne (like Callum Smith) gave Artur a decent scrap in a previous bout. And he’s not elite. I disagree with the “media cheerleaders” now squawking that because Beterbiev smoked Smith, he’d do the same to Canelo. And that Bivol now has no chance against this wrecking ball. Neither does Zurdo Ramirez. Only guy with a prayer is Tyson Fury. Etc, etc…. I like Artur allot, but this “prognostication” is over the top (like everything else in today’s media).

I think Beterbiev is the best 175 lber in the world. Have thought so for several years now. Strongest, most suffocating pressure fighter in the game today. Just keeps coming. Very Marciano-like. But, he can be neutralized during periods of a fight (Gvodzyk did so for about 5 rds). He’s old with many “amateur miles” on the odometer. Chin has been dented more than once (but he always gets back up). He cuts. Even living like a monk and training like a psycho isn’t gonna preserve his prime into his 40’s. And Bivol is younger, very skilled, has faster hands and is also very (amateur + pro) experienced. He might have the tools to control Beterbiev at distance. My only question - is he strong enough to keep Artur at range over 12. I wouldn’t bet on that right now. But, Dmitri is smart and versatile (he ain’t Smith) and think it (should) be a fascinating matchup. Hope it doesn’t “marinate” too much longer. But afraid it will….

Some fighters have styles. Some fighters have strategies. Frazier's style allowed him to compete with Ali but he had no answer for Foreman who lost to Ali. Frazier got a rematch with Foreman and was told to "stay away from him". Joe Frazier stay away? No chance and he had no chance. In baseball, they have the "sophomore jinx". It's not a jinx. It's that pitchers get a 'book' and a young hitter and avoid the pitches he likes and feed him a steady diet of the pitches he doesn't like. If he can adjust to that, he continues on to a productive career. If not, he fades and becomes a flash in the pan. The best fighters can determine what is not working and change what they are doing in mid-fight to take advantage of an opponent's weaknesses while minimizing their own. Joe Smith is not among the best fighters.

If Beterbiev is defeated, (or even has to wait for a judge's decision), it will be when he fights a fighter who is different than him, not one who is going to try to out-gun him. The greatest boxers, in their prime defeat the greatest punchers, (Corbett-Sullivan, Tunny-Dempsey, Ali-Liston/Foreman, etc.). If there is a great boxer who can operate as a light-heavyweight, he could beat Beterbiev. Is that Bivol? Maybe. (I doubt it's Yarde.)

Last edited:
Some fighters have styles. Some fighters have strategies. Frazier's style allowed him to compete with Ali but he had no answer for Foreman who lost to Ali. Frazier got a rematch with Foreman and was told to "stay away from him". Joe Frazier stay away? No chance and he had no chance. In baseball, they have the "sophomore jinx". it's not a jinx. It's that pitchers get a 'book' and a young hitter and avoid the pitches he likes and feed him a steady diet of the pitches he doesn't like. If he can adjust to that, he continues on to a productive career. if not, he fades and becomes flash in the pan. The best fighters can determine what is not working and change what they are doing in mid-fight to take advantage of an opponent's weaknesses while minimizing their own. Joe Smith is not among the best fighters.

If Beterbiev is defeated, (or even has to wait for a judge's decision), it will be when he fights a fighter who is different than him, not one who is going to try to out-gun him. The greatest boxers, in their prime defeat the greatest punchers, (Corbett-Sullivan, Tunny-Dempsey, Ali-Liston/Foreman, etc.). If there is a great boxer who can operate as a light-heavyweight, he could beat Beterbiev. Is that Bivol? Maybe. (I doubt it's Yarde.)

Well said…..
And I agree…. Styles do make fights. Asymmetric skill sets/competencies create advantages to exploit and disadvantages to overcome. Same style (with comparable skill/competency) can create stalemate (little action or allot until something gives). Like any sport, boxing is a game of matchups. And breaking the other guy’s will….

I agree - a capable, strong, experienced boxer/puncher (Bivol has the best skill set) is the biggest threat to Beterbiev. Really the only one. No one at weight has a shot if they try to pressure/brawl him at close or midrange.

Not to quibble, but I’m not sure that the greatest “pure boxers” in history have always defeated the “greatest brawlers/punchers.” For every Tunney/Dempsey and Ali/Liston and Foreman, there’s Battling Nelson/Joe Gans, Greb/Tunney 1 (and 3 - a draw), Henry Armstrong/Barney Ross, Sandy Sadler/Willie Pep, Basilio/SRR 1, Fulmer/SRR 1, Marciano/Charles, Duran/SRL 1, Hagler/Hearns (not a perfect example, but well-known), Pryor/Arguello, JCC/Taylor, Pac/Cotto, Sor Rungvisai/Choclatito

Not all perfect examples. Absolute prime vs prime (at best weight) is very rare in the sport. There are just as many (examples) that support your thesis. IMO, the greatest of fighters adjust and even change their “style” if necessary to beat the guy in front of them. SRR famously went after Randy Turpin and initiated a furious brawl in their rematch after suffering a bad cut that threatened to stop the fight. SRL switched style and jumped on the “then boxer“ Tommy Hearns down the stretch after Dundee told him “you’re blowing it son” in their first encounter. Ali went flat footed and rope-a-doped Foreman to wear him out. Changed his “strategy” and “style” after the 1st rd. Different than the way he outboxed and beat Liston. My belief - The truly greatest of greats have changed their strategy during the bout and “morphed” their style (if necessary) to win.

Fun debate. All opinion. Thanks for the banter. Always look forward to reading the thoughts here. Glad you and a few others (ssbriefcase) on this board follow the sport as well.

Last edited:
Nice performance tonight by the youngster Bam Rodriguez. Made Sor Rungvisai look old, slow and ordinary with his hand/foot speed and combination punching.

The superior boxer dominated the puncher/brawler on this occasion.

The kid is cleaning out the “old guard” at 112/115 - Cuadras and now Sor Rungvisai. At 22 yrs of age. Maybe Choclatito and Estrada are next….

Might have found someone who can generate credible interest as a viable opponent for Monster at Bantam.

Hopefully in the near future….

Nice performance tonight by the youngster Bam Rodriguez. Made Sor Rungvisai look old, slow and ordinary with his hand/foot speed and combination punching.

The superior boxer dominated the puncher/brawler on this occasion.

The kid is cleaning out the “old guard” at 112/115 - Cuadras and now Sor Rungvisai. At 22 yrs of age. Maybe Choclatito and Estrada are next….

Might have found someone who can generate credible interest as a viable opponent for Monster at Bantam.

Hopefully in the near future….

"Bam" is a good nickname for a boxer...

It's always bugged me that Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini never fought Kenny "Bang Bang" Bogner.

"Bam" is a good nickname for a boxer...

It's always bugged me that Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini never fought Kenny "Bang Bang" Bogner.
Dam, Mancini... I was 10 years old, was watching boxing with my stepfather any time it was on back then. That fight stayed with me a long time and realized then what dangers were there in the sport. Duk Koo Kim died, then his mom commited suicide 3 months later, then the ref killed himself after that.

Dam, Mancini... I was 10 years old, was watching boxing with my stepfather any time it was on back then. That fight stayed with me a long time and realized then what dangers were there in the sport. Duk Koo Kim died, then his mom commited suicide 3 months later, then the ref killed himself after that.

boxing-wba-lightweight-title-ray-boom-boom-mancini-in-action-throwing-picture-id152350621

The tragic bout that ended the 15 rd world championship standard….
This and Emile Griffith/Benny Paret are probably the best known and infamous examples of fatality in the ring. Unfortunately, there have been others. Nigel Benn/Gerald McClellan (95) was a high profile championship TV bout with a bad TBI outcome as well.
While I never agreed with reducing the distance to 12 rds, I think state commissions have better medical screening procedures and emergency care ringside today for fighters. Fighter activity is tracked more closely and guys fight less frequently. Mandatory 90 day suspensions after a knockout. Refs are quicker to stop fights today than 30 yrs ago. Day before weigh ins to prevent “dry-out.” Etc. Most of these improvements were implemented post Mancini/Kim. Which I think (on the whole) has made the most dangerous of sports safer. Which is a good thing….

The tragic bout that ended the 15 rd world championship standard….
This and Emile Griffith/Benny Paret are probably the best known and infamous examples of fatality in the ring. Unfortunately, there have been others. Nigel Benn/Gerald McClellan (95) was a high profile championship TV bout with a bad TBI outcome as well.
While I never agreed with reducing the distance to 12 rds, I think state commissions have better medical screening procedures and emergency care ringside today for fighters. Fighter activity is tracked more closely and guys fight less frequently. Mandatory 90 day suspensions after a knockout. Refs are quicker to stop fights today than 30 yrs ago. Day before weigh ins to prevent “dry-out.” Etc. Most of these improvements were implemented post Mancini/Kim. Which I think (on the whole) has made the most dangerous of sports safer. Which is a good thing….

I never understood why championship bouts have to be longer than regular main event bouts. The Super Bowl is a 60-minute game. I don't even know why main events are 10 rounds - because we have 10 fingers? Olympic gold medals are awarded after 3 round bouts. I don't know how long bouts should be, (although three round bouts would be disappointing to pay per view customers). Should rounds be two minutes rather than 3? I'm just saying that some science should be part of the determination. How long do fatal fights or those with permanent injuries last? At what point had the injured fighter gone on too long? How many punches is too many? Should there be a 'halftime' where the fighters could be examined medically? Can we implant sensors in the gloves to determine how many punches have landed and with what force? Could that or the punch count be used to determine when fights should end or who won them?

Some of those may be good ideas or bad ideas but at least they would be the product of research on what happens to fighters, not how many fingers we have.

This is March 21, 1963, in Dodger Stadium, no less. The Griffith-Paret fight had been March 24, 1962. Ironically, Griffith was the loser in the other championship match they talk about, to Luis Rodriguez, another Cuban. The interview with a man who didn't know he was dying - with his head sticking out form the ropes is, well, creepy.

I never understood why championship bouts have to be longer than regular main event bouts. The Super Bowl is a 60-minute game. I don't even know why main events are 10 rounds - because we have 10 fingers? Olympic gold medals are awarded after 3 round bouts. I don't know how long bouts should be, (although three round bouts would be disappointing to pay per view customers). Should rounds be two minutes rather than 3? I'm just saying that some science should be part of the determination. How long do fatal fights or those with permanent injuries last? At what point had the injured fighter gone on too long? How many punches is too many? Should there be a 'halftime' where the fighters could be examined medically? Can we implant sensors in the gloves to determine how many punches have landed and with what force? Could that or the punch count be used to determine when fights should end or who won them?

Some of those may be good ideas or bad ideas but at least they would be the product of research on what happens to fighters, not how many fingers we have.
Forgot about Sugar Ramos/Davey Moore. Another high profile tragic example.

I think allot of scientific study (over the last 30 yrs) has gone into TBI in the sport. While there’s allot of debate and difference of interpretation, it seems (to me) that a few trends are obvious - number of forceful blows taken to the head accumulate bad effects on the fighter’s health (especially long term - no duh) and systematic dehydration (weight cutting) reduces vascular and central nervous system resiliency to absorb the impacts. Many post fight autopsies of boxing TBI victims revealed that the fighters were already suffering damage before they got in the ring (sparring, series of tough fights in a short period without time to rest/heal) and severe dehydration (so bad that it affected organ function and reduced brain fluid). Allot of guys don’t spar as much today (shadow box, work the mitts instead). And IV like crazy after the (now) day before weigh ins. Days of 6 oz gloves (sometimes even 8 oz for the bigger guys) are long gone. Refs don’t allow a fighter that is losing to “get beaten into unconsciousness” as often as they used to. Pre and post fight medical includes allot more than just the old-timer BP check. Not perfect, but some adaptation to scientific/medical research.

I’m a traditionalist (it’s my own bias and I recognize it), but also very open to improvement. I support anything that creates fairness of outcome, fighter safety and fan experience. Technology can make sports better (instant replay as an example, even with it’s warts). I think sensors in gloves (to inform scoring, data for referee/ringside doctor and also to document long term accumulation of punishment to a fighter over a career/period of time) is feasible today and a great idea. Maybe a chip in the mouthpiece as well. As long as it doesn’t change the “fundamental nature” of the sport - impose your skill and/or will on the opponent, I support it.

I agree that boxing is an outlier from other sports in that duration has changed over the years. And different for one champion (sometimes) than another. Believe Queensberry established the 3 minute rd and 1 minute rest standard (not exactly sure why this time limit was adopted). Think Tex Rickard (Dempsey’s promoter) ushered in the “10 rd” fight in the 20’s. Louis “standardized” 15 for a championship in the late 30’s/40’s. Amateur 3 rd distance since first Olympics in early 20th Century. Amateurs are dropping the headgear requirement again (which I agree with - headgear does little to prevent TBI). I’m with you - many of the “accepted” standards for the sport were/are based on precedent and not necessarily science, efficiency or safety. Allot of these “precedents” developed thru historical fight negotiations - one side angling for competitive advantage (ring size, glove size, neutral corner) over the other….. Some of the ”old ways” should be questioned and relooked at - for safety, standardization, even audience demand.

I just didn’t agree that reducing world championship bouts to 12 rds was necessary because of the tragic Mancini/Kim fight. The decision wasn’t based on “data” or “science,” it was emotion and PR by the Nevada State Athletic Commission at the time. Vegas panicked IMO. They assumed (incorrectly) that their audience would stop watching and they’d lose money if they didn’t “do something“ that looked like they were addressing this tragedy. Their resulting zero defect safetyism compromised the Weaver/Dokes Heavyweight Championship outcome the next day. Public outcry was so great (from that quick stoppage) that they fought an immediate rematch and beat each other’s heads in during a bruising distance draw. Didn’t make much sense if Vegas was so concerned about health and safety…. Saw an old interview with Flip Homansky (Nevada State Commission at the time) and Suliaman (WBC at the time) and they admitted that “optics” was the reason for the duration reduction decision. Because Kim was fatally hurt in the 14th, we’ll just limit the sanctioned distance to 12… Problem solved…. Except, other than Kim, I cannot recall any boxer collapsing with TBI during the old “championship” rds (13-15). Not in my lifetime. Looking back thru history, it has happened post 12th rd, but rarely. Most occurred before the 10th. A few were early, but most mid fight. Most involved what we call today “shop worn” vets in grinding, high contact fights. Against stronger, younger, superior opponents who were beating them up. But not all…. Moore/Ramos was just the opposite. Kim/Mancini was a competitive barn burner until the sudden ending. Sad to say, but the number of ring TBI/fatalities in pro boxing has remained pretty consistent - about the same per year during the 15 and 12 rd eras (slightly fewer in the 12 rd era, but not much). Dr. Margaret Goodman (still see her at times during big Vegas fights) published a good think piece in Ring Magazine about 15 yrs ago on the subject. Thought it was fair and outlined many of the modern safety and medical safeguards utilized today. If I recall, she was an early proponent of measuring concussive impact of punches during a fight.

Bottom Line - boxing had an established standard for a pro championship for a long time - 15 rds. Unlike other sports, you had to perform longer (potentially) if you wanted to be a champion. Tennis Grand Slams (for men - 5 sets) are the same. Not scientific, but a precedent. History of the sport would (probably) be very different if that long term precedent was only 10 or 12 rds instead of 15. If there is a factual reason to change, I’m on board. My real problem with today’s 12 rd distance is that there’s no medical evidence that it reduces TBI. I guess you can argue that shorter fight equals fewer punches taken, better (potential) long term health outcome, potentially a longer career. I support all of that. But that wasn’t why Vegas/WBC did what they did...

If “absolute zero” head injuries is the mandated outcome, then we need to fundamentally change the rules and nature of the sport. Or outright ban it…. If rendering your opponent unconscious or helpless constitutes “winning,” then we’re not gonna eliminate (potential) head injury. Olympics and international amateur competition tried to do that for the last 20 yrs (no scoring benefit from a knockdown, punches only score with white portion of glove, tap scored the same as a big punch, refs stop action for standing 8 if they thought a hard blow landed, etc). People stopped watching and the best talent stopped participating in amateur boxing…. I think that’s why the IOC is shifting their “rules” towards the other side of the pendulum so-to-speak (no more headgear, no more white portion of glove, ring generalship and effective aggression added back to scoring criteria). It’s business. Until someone gets hurt. And then they’ll “over react” emotionally again.

Long winded diatribe. My opinion is my own and I therefore value it highly - Lol. Think today’s TV and PPV “like” 12 rds better because a distance fight “fits” more neatly into an hour-hour and a half broadcast period. Doubt the sport will ever go back to 15. Promoters would force a reduction to 10 (or lower) if they could make more money doing so…. That is, unfortunately, the only important “science” or “rationality” applied to the sport today….

Forgot about Sugar Ramos/Davey Moore. Another high profile tragic example.

I think allot of scientific study (over the last 30 yrs) has gone into TBI in the sport. While there’s allot of debate and difference of interpretation, it seems (to me) that a few trends are obvious - number of forceful blows taken to the head accumulate bad effects on the fighter’s health (especially long term - no duh) and systematic dehydration (weight cutting) reduces vascular and central nervous system resiliency to absorb the impacts. Many post fight autopsies of boxing TBI victims revealed that the fighters were already suffering damage before they got in the ring (sparring, series of tough fights in a short period without time to rest/heal) and severe dehydration (so bad that it affected organ function and reduced brain fluid). Allot of guys don’t spar as much today (shadow box, work the mitts instead). And IV like crazy after the (now) day before weigh ins. Days of 6 oz gloves (sometimes even 8 oz for the bigger guys) are long gone. Refs don’t allow a fighter that is losing to “get beaten into unconsciousness” as often as they used to. Pre and post fight medical includes allot more than just the old-timer BP check. Not perfect, but some adaptation to scientific/medical research.

I’m a traditionalist (it’s my own bias and I recognize it), but also very open to improvement. I support anything that creates fairness of outcome, fighter safety and fan experience. Technology can make sports better (instant replay as an example, even with it’s warts). I think sensors in gloves (to inform scoring, data for referee/ringside doctor and also to document long term accumulation of punishment to a fighter over a career/period of time) is feasible today and a great idea. Maybe a chip in the mouthpiece as well. As long as it doesn’t change the “fundamental nature” of the sport - impose your skill and/or will on the opponent, I support it.

I agree that boxing is an outlier from other sports in that duration has changed over the years. And different for one champion (sometimes) than another. Believe Queensberry established the 3 minute rd and 1 minute rest standard (not exactly sure why this time limit was adopted). Think Tex Rickard (Dempsey’s promoter) ushered in the “10 rd” fight in the 20’s. Louis “standardized” 15 for a championship in the late 30’s/40’s. Amateur 3 rd distance since first Olympics in early 20th Century. Amateurs are dropping the headgear requirement again (which I agree with - headgear does little to prevent TBI). I’m with you - many of the “accepted” standards for the sport were/are based on precedent and not necessarily science, efficiency or safety. Allot of these “precedents” developed thru historical fight negotiations - one side angling for competitive advantage (ring size, glove size, neutral corner) over the other….. Some of the ”old ways” should be questioned and relooked at - for safety, standardization, even audience demand.

I just didn’t agree that reducing world championship bouts to 12 rds was necessary because of the tragic Mancini/Kim fight. The decision wasn’t based on “data” or “science,” it was emotion and PR by the Nevada State Athletic Commission at the time. Vegas panicked IMO. They assumed (incorrectly) that their audience would stop watching and they’d lose money if they didn’t “do something“ that looked like they were addressing this tragedy. Their resulting zero defect safetyism compromised the Weaver/Dokes Heavyweight Championship outcome the next day. Public outcry was so great (from that quick stoppage) that they fought an immediate rematch and beat each other’s heads in during a bruising distance draw. Didn’t make much sense if Vegas was so concerned about health and safety…. Saw an old interview with Flip Homansky (Nevada State Commission at the time) and Suliaman (WBC at the time) and they admitted that “optics” was the reason for the duration reduction decision. Because Kim was fatally hurt in the 14th, we’ll just limit the sanctioned distance to 12… Problem solved…. Except, other than Kim, I cannot recall any boxer collapsing with TBI during the old “championship” rds (13-15). Not in my lifetime. Looking back thru history, it has happened post 12th rd, but rarely. Most occurred before the 10th. A few were early, but most mid fight. Most involved what we call today “shop worn” vets in grinding, high contact fights. Against stronger, younger, superior opponents who were beating them up. But not all…. Moore/Ramos was just the opposite. Kim/Mancini was a competitive barn burner until the sudden ending. Sad to say, but the number of ring TBI/fatalities in pro boxing has remained pretty consistent - about the same per year during the 15 and 12 rd eras (slightly fewer in the 12 rd era, but not much). Dr. Margaret Goodman (still see her at times during big Vegas fights) published a good think piece in Ring Magazine about 15 yrs ago on the subject. Thought it was fair and outlined many of the modern safety and medical safeguards utilized today. If I recall, she was an early proponent of measuring concussive impact of punches during a fight.

Bottom Line - boxing had an established standard for a pro championship for a long time - 15 rds. Unlike other sports, you had to perform longer (potentially) if you wanted to be a champion. Tennis Grand Slams (for men - 5 sets) are the same. Not scientific, but a precedent. History of the sport would (probably) be very different if that long term precedent was only 10 or 12 rds instead of 15. If there is a factual reason to change, I’m on board. My real problem with today’s 12 rd distance is that there’s no medical evidence that it reduces TBI. I guess you can argue that shorter fight equals fewer punches taken, better (potential) long term health outcome, potentially a longer career. I support all of that. But that wasn’t why Vegas/WBC did what they did...

If “absolute zero” head injuries is the mandated outcome, then we need to fundamentally change the rules and nature of the sport. Or outright ban it…. If rendering your opponent unconscious or helpless constitutes “winning,” then we’re not gonna eliminate (potential) head injury. Olympics and international amateur competition tried to do that for the last 20 yrs (no scoring benefit from a knockdown, punches only score with white portion of glove, tap scored the same as a big punch, refs stop action for standing 8 if they thought a hard blow landed, etc). People stopped watching and the best talent stopped participating in amateur boxing…. I think that’s why the IOC is shifting their “rules” towards the other side of the pendulum so-to-speak (no more headgear, no more white portion of glove, ring generalship and effective aggression added back to scoring criteria). It’s business. Until someone gets hurt. And then they’ll “over react” emotionally again.

Long winded diatribe. My opinion is my own and I therefore value it highly - Lol. Think today’s TV and PPV “like” 12 rds better because a distance fight “fits” more neatly into an hour-hour and a half broadcast period. Doubt the sport will ever go back to 15. Promoters would force a reduction to 10 (or lower) if they could make more money doing so…. That is, unfortunately, the only important “science” or “rationality” applied to the sport today….

An excellent long-winded diatribe. And you are right- the problem is making decisions based on other than science and real results.

Ryan Garcia never looked better than tonight. There was no showmanship or bragging. He was dead serious and intimidated Fortuna with his jab and combinations. When Javier's hands went up, Garcia had the smarts to go to the body and dropped Javier in the fourth. Fortuna bought time by intentionally spitting out his mouthpiece, which then had to be cleaned, and then made a show of lowering his arms and daring Garcia to hit him in the chin while constantly backing away so he couldn't. that got him to the end of the round but Garcia again downed him in the 5th with a shot that seemed to injure Fortuna's face, (another orbital bone?) and Fortuna's desire to do anything to win the fight vanished. He did come out for the 6th round but went down again and again spit out the mouthpiece, this time in surrender and the ref waived the fight over.

the commentators had some complaint that Garcia didn't have much upper body movement and Fortuna was able to get in a couple of shots and force Ryan to take a step a back but when you are on the attack against a small guy, you aren't going to do a lot of zigging and zagging. Garcia looked like Alexis Arguello in this fight, except he wasn't a thin man. He had a welterweight's size and body, with broad shoulders and surely his future belongs in that division, not against lightweights, (Fortuna was the WBA 'super feather' = junior light champ in 2015-16 and had lost in several alphabet soup lightweight title shots since). He wants to fight Tank Davis, an old amateur rival but the 5-5 1/2 Davis is smaller than the 5-6 1/2 Fortuna. Garcia is 5-10.

Ryan Garcia never looked better than tonight. There was no showmanship or bragging. He was dead serious and intimidated Fortuna with his jab and combinations. When Javier's hands went up, Garcia had the smarts to go to the body and dropped Javier in the fourth. Fortuna bought time by intentionally spitting out his mouthpiece, which then had to be cleaned, and then made a show of lowering his arms and daring Garcia to hit him in the chin while constantly backing away so he couldn't. that got him to the end of the round but Garcia again downed him in the 5th with a shot that seemed to injure Fortuna's face, (another orbital bone?) and Fortuna's desire to do anything to win the fight vanished. He did come out for the 6th round but went down again and again spit out the mouthpiece, this time in surrender and the ref waived the fight over.

the commentators had some complaint that Garcia didn't have much upper body movement and Fortuna was able to get in a couple of shots and force Ryan to take a step a back but when you are on the attack against a small guy, you aren't going to do a lot of zigging and zagging. Garcia looked like Alexis Arguello in this fight, except he wasn't a thin man. He had a welterweight's size and body, with broad shoulders and surely his future belongs in that division, not against lightweights, (Fortuna was the WBA 'super feather' = junior light champ in 2015-16 and had lost in several alphabet soup lightweight title shots since). He wants to fight Tank Davis, an old amateur rival but the 5-5 1/2 Davis is smaller than the 5-6 1/2 Fortuna. Garcia is 5-10.
Agreed - best overall Garcia performance I’ve seen. Broke the opponent down and put purposeful punches together that were shorter, rhythmic and fluid. Nice use of the RH to neutralize the southpaw in the first two rds, then featured his LH power both up and down. Think Joe Goosen (now his trainer) had a nice game plan and his work improved Ryan’s craft. An out of shape (soft-looking) Fortuna “helped” in that regard….
Bottom Line - Garcia needed to dominate this fight to retain any (serious) fan and media interest. Or at least my interest (Lol). He was supposed to and he did - mission accomplished.

I still see that vulnerability - he pulls straight back and elevates the chin. Gets away with it against smaller, lesser competition due to his overwhelming physical, speed and reflex advantages. He could get his head knocked off by an elite fighter with a world class punch unless this is fixed. I think this is why a Davis fight is so interesting….

Like you, I want to see Garcia in there with the more talented crop of young 135/140 lbers. Career matchmaking has been less than challenging thus far (maybe other than Luke Campbell). Logistically, fights with the other DAZN fighters are easier to make (but there aren’t many). Oscar (Ryan belongs to Golden Boy) will also work with TR, so Haney, Loma, Lopez, Kambosos are not impossible. A matchup with Tank involves Ellerbie and Haymon. The sticking point won’t be “A/B” side purse, but network (DAZN vs PBC) for the PPV. Unfortunately, I just cannot see that coming together. Like you identified, I think Ryan presents huge physical and stylistic problems for Davis. Fewer for a Haney or a Lopez. Styles make fights and I think Ellerbie is too risk adverse to allow the fight to happen.

Hope I’m wrong though. I‘m becoming skeptical (again) that Spence/Crawford will happen this year due to PBC politics. Sport needs a new and fresh marquee matchup before year’s end involving it’s young elite talent. Both Davis and Garcia need an opponent and Nov/Dec would be perfect for the event.

People send some weird questions into the Quora Digest.

It's been a while since I reported on a boxing match. Tonight, after watching the Mets squeeze out a 1-0 win over the Phillies, I checked out the ESPN card. A good-looking 19-year-old Puerto Rican 'super welter' named Xander Zayas pounded out a 5th round KO against a game but over-matched 28-year-old Mexican fighter named Elias Espadas. He was sharp and aggressive, took a few too many counter-shots but dominated the fight He's 14-0 with 10 knockouts and is a good-looking kid, (both meanings), who could become a star. Boxrec rates him #65 in the division but that will rise. Espadas was #130.

I was curious to see what Lopez looked like as a junior welter, after his hugely disappointing performance against the since-dethroned Kambosis and after still another long lay-off. He was rated #3 in the division based on his name recognition and his opponent, Pedro Campa, (34-1-1 against nobodies) was #63. Lopez was bigger than his lightweight opponents but not Campa, who came forward aggressively and forced the action in the early rounds. Lopez was content to back up to the ropes and counter-punch. I gave Campa the second round for his aggressiveness, but Lopez was clearly the better fighter, faster of hands and feet.

In the middle rounds, Lopez got more aggressive and hit Campa coming in with some hard shots that took the aggressiveness out of him. He finally floored him in the 7th and then put on an amateurish display, grabbing the ropes, unnecessarily shifting his stance, wiggling his fanny before knocking him down again, causing the ref to stop the bout. Teo can still become a force in boxing if he takes it seriously. The question is: where does he go from here? the junior welters are not that interesting a division but there are big names in the lightweight division - and in the welterweights. But I'm not sure he's up to Bud Crawford or Errol Spence.

It's been a while since I reported on a boxing match. Tonight, after watching the Mets squeeze out a 1-0 win over the Phillies, I checked out the ESPN card. A good-looking 19-year-old Puerto Rican 'super welter' named Xander Zayas pounded out a 5th round KO against a game but over-matched 28-year-old Mexican fighter named Elias Espadas. He was sharp and aggressive, took a few too many counter-shots but dominated the fight He's 14-0 with 10 knockouts and is a good-looking kid, (both meanings), who could become a star. Boxrec rates him #65 in the division but that will rise. Espadas was #130.

I was curious to see what Lopez looked like as a junior welter, after his hugely disappointing performance against the since-dethroned Kambosis and after still another long lay-off. He was rated #3 in the division based on his name recognition and his opponent, Pedro Campa, (34-1-1 against nobodies) was #63. Lopez was bigger than his lightweight opponents but not Campa, who came forward aggressively and forced the action in the early rounds. Lopez was content to back up to the ropes and counter-punch. I gave Campa the second round for his aggressiveness, but Lopez was clearly the better fighter, faster of hands and feet.

In the middle rounds, Lopez got more aggressive and hit Campa coming in with some hard shots that took the aggressiveness out of him. He finally floored him in the 7th and then put on an amateurish display, grabbing the ropes, unnecessarily shifting his stance, wiggling his fanny before knocking him down again, causing the ref to stop the bout. Teo can still become a force in boxing if he takes it seriously. The question is: where does he go from here? the junior welters are not that interesting a division but there are big names in the lightweight division - and in the welterweights. But I'm not sure he's up to Bud Crawford or Errol Spence.
I think TR is ”looking for the next Puerto Rican sensation.” Berlanga has struggled as his competition level improved, so Bob is now “showcasing” Zaya on the televised undercards (whom I always thought was a better prospect anyway)…. I agree, Zaya has a fine offensive arsenal (puts punches together nicely and finishes), but you are right - kid must work on his defense. Big problem if TR matches him more aggressively (which Bob does more so than PBC)….. But good looking young fighter, the potential is there.

I too was curious to see how Lopez rebounded from the loss to Kambosos. Some boxers never recover from an early, upset loss (Felix Verdejo was a can’t miss who became a basket case after dropping a bout he was matched to win). TR matched him well for the return (aggressive, light punching guy without foot speed - there to be KO’d). The ESPN “hype” was way over the top IMO. I wasn’t that impressed with Lopez’s performance. Not the same smooth combo punching (up and down) that he displayed pre-Kambosos (especially evident agains Loma). Power carried to 140, but isn’t gonna overwhelm guys there with one punch (like he did at 135).

Bottom Line - I’m not sure Lopez has the “right people” training and advising him right now (specifically Daddy). He’s only fought three times since 2019. Tried to break from TR and promote himself (Triller) and that fell apart. Kambosos picked him off and took his belts. Think Teo is one of the youngest of the “new breed” at 135-40 (under 23). He needs to be more active, fight guys that will progressively restore his confidence and get his “mojo” back. I suspect TR will try to line him up with Josh Taylor (same promotional umbrella) sooner rather than later. I think Taylor could beat this Lopez version, but not the version pre-Kambosos…. I guess we’ll see whether Teo can round back into form again. I hope so, because I thought the earlier version had P4P talent written all over him. Problem is his corner and between the ears….

I think TR is ”looking for the next Puerto Rican sensation.” Berlanga has struggled as his competition level improved, so Bob is now “showcasing” Zaya on the televised undercards (whom I always thought was a better prospect anyway)…. I agree, Zaya has a fine offensive arsenal (puts punches together nicely and finishes), but you are right - kid must work on his defense. Big problem if TR matches him more aggressively (which Bob does more so than PBC)….. But good looking young fighter, the potential is there.

I too was curious to see how Lopez rebounded from the loss to Kambosos. Some boxers never recover from an early, upset loss (Felix Verdejo was a can’t miss who became a basket case after dropping a bout he was matched to win). TR matched him well for the return (aggressive, light punching guy without foot speed - there to be KO’d). The ESPN “hype” was way over the top IMO. I wasn’t that impressed with Lopez’s performance. Not the same smooth combo punching (up and down) that he displayed pre-Kambosos (especially evident agains Loma). Power carried to 140, but isn’t gonna overwhelm guys there with one punch (like he did at 135).

Bottom Line - I’m not sure Lopez has the “right people” training and advising him right now (specifically Daddy). He’s only fought three times since 2019. Tried to break from TR and promote himself (Triller) and that fell apart. Kambosos picked him off and took his belts. Think Teo is one of the youngest of the “new breed” at 135-40 (under 23). He needs to be more active, fight guys that will progressively restore his confidence and get his “mojo” back. I suspect TR will try to line him up with Josh Taylor (same promotional umbrella) sooner rather than later. I think Taylor could beat this Lopez version, but not the version pre-Kambosos…. I guess we’ll see whether Teo can round back into form again. I hope so, because I thought the earlier version had P4P talent written all over him. Problem is his corner and between the ears….

How about matching Berlanga with Zaya and then promoting the winner as the PR sensation?

So much of boxing is the rigorous training needed to prepare for a bout. When your opponents are extras in you highlight film, it all makes sense. When you become an extra in theirs, you've got to wonder "Why am I doing this?"

Interesting fight. Joshua was much better than I thought he would be. They talked about how he was "changing level" by bending his knees to be in a better defensive position. He's still stationary with no lateral movement. He used his jab and went to the body which really seemed to bother Usyk. I even though Joshua was close to a knockout in the 9th round. But Usyk literally sucked it up and turned the tide in the 10th and looked as if he was going to take out Joshua. Usyk is fine boxer but seems to lack knockout power in the heavyweight division. He used what they called an 'up-jab' effectively, (a combination of an uppercut and jab). I think he realized that those body shots could turn the fight in Joshua's favor and that he needed to pick up the pace to put Anhtony on the defensive and it worked. Joshua may also have lost a lot energy in the 9th.

I scored it 116-113 for Usyk. the Judges had it 113-115, 116-113 and 116-112. Joshua had a bizarre post fight display, throwing his belts onto the center of the ring and then giving an emotional tribute to Usyk and his country combined with excerpts from Joshua's own personal life story.

What's next? For Joshua, I don't know but he fought well enough to still be a contender. For Usyk, it could be a fight with Fury. But if he has to use an 'up jab' on a 6-6 guy, what will he have to use against a 6-9 guy?

I caught the last round of the Zhilei Zhang-Filip Hrgovic fight.
Boxing
Two huge guys but Hrgovic had the stamina to go the distance and Zhang did not. He looked as if he couldn't wait for the bell to end the fight. Fury would make short work of either one of them.

Interesting fight. Joshua was much better than I thought he would be. They talked about how he was "changing level" by bending his knees to be in a better defensive position. He's still stationary with no lateral movement. He used his jab and went to the body which really seemed to bother Usyk. I even though Joshua was close to a knockout in the 9th round. But Usyk literally sucked it up and turned the tide in the 10th and looked as if he was going to take out Joshua. Usyk is fine boxer but seems to lack knockout power in the heavyweight division. He used what they called an 'up-jab' effectively, (a combination of an uppercut and jab). I think he realized that those body shots could turn the fight in Joshua's favor and that he needed to pick up the pace to put Anhtony on the defensive and it worked. Joshua may also have lost a lot energy in the 9th.

I scored it 116-113 for Usyk. the Judges had it 113-115, 116-113 and 116-112. Joshua had a bizarre post fight display, throwing his belts onto the center of the ring and then giving an emotional tribute to Usyk and his country combined with excerpts from Joshua's own personal life story.

What's next? For Joshua, I don't know but he fought well enough to still be a contender. For Usyk, it could be a fight with Fury. But if he has to use an 'up jab' on a 6-6 guy, what will he have to use against a 6-9 guy?

I caught the last round of the Zhilei Zhang-Filip Hrgovic fight.
Boxing
Two huge guys but Hrgovic had the stamina to go the distance and Zhang did not. He looked as if he couldn't wait for the bell to end the fight. Fury would make short work of either one of them.
I agree, it was an interesting fight. Joshua was better prepared (Robert Garcia - new trainer) and actually had a strategy this time. Usyk is just too good and adapted. One guy is a really elite professional champ. The other is a good fighter (with flaws), but he ain’t elite…. Usyk won this fight between the ears and in the “chest” (heart)…. Like he always does…

Usyk outfought Joshua in the first fight by taking away Joshua’s hammer - the RH. Once that weapon was gone, AJ was toast. He couldn’t change up (again - he’s not elite). Garcia tried to get Joshua to go inside early - use natural strength/size, go the body and “turn” Usyk into AJ’s hammer this time. I think that was the Brit’s “theory of victory” for the rematch. It worked a couple of times. But Usyk ain’t ”chinny” like AJ is. Like you said, Usyk just figured that out and kept sliding the pocket, used levels to deliver his left and stymied him. And Joshua couldn’t (or wasn’t willing to) just “big boy” Usyk and try to blow the smaller guy away by making it a pier 6 brawl. That ain’t his style and doesn’t have the “motor” to fight that way. I’ll give AJ credit - he tried to do that in the 9th. But didn’t “get him” and Usyk just replied in kind the next round. Fight over…. I think the “weirdness” we saw from AJ post fight was (maybe) due to this - nothing worked and it “flipped him out” mentally…. Saw the same thing from Wilder (vs Fury). Personally, I think it’s just immaturity and bad sportsmanship. But our media “sells“ that crap these days…

IMO, the two Ukrainian “stars” (Usyk and Loma) have the best feet in boxing. Fury has excellent feet too. So subtle and they both just “glide” in the ring to create angles, distance, level, etc. Reminds me of the tape I’ve watched of old timers like Benny Leonard, Jimmy McLarnin, Barney Ross, Jimmy Bivins, Archie Moore - not flashy, but just so effective at creating advantage with their feet. For me, guys like that are exciting to watch. But I’m a fight nut; not like most of the general sports public. I like watching guys get bombed out too and Usyk can close (ask Tony Bellow - brutal KO sequence in their Crusier fight). We’re not gonna see that every time from a guy like Usyk though. He’s a smaller guy hitting bigger guys now. Even chinny AJ lasted 24 rds with him.

I hope we get Fury/Usyk and have an accepted unified Heavyweight Champ. Sport is better when the heavies are interesting. Like you said, I favor Tyson because he’s an adaptable bigger man. Will fight you anyway you want. But the same is true of Usyk. Even though Usyk is now a “full“ heavyweight, I just think the physical advantage might be too much to overcome for the Ukrainian (vs Fury). But I hope we get to find out….

I keep hearing Crawford/Spence fight is close, yada, yada, yada. I’m afraid the only way this happens is if Spence tells Haymon to get out of the way and make it happen. Sad if “promoter and network politics” prevent this elite/signature matchup that could decide the mythical “P4P best” in the sport.

I've now seen all three of the Canelo-Alvarez - Gennady Golovkin fights and all three have had the same general pattern: GGG, the older man, seems to get stronger as the bout goes on and to win most of the late rounds. Unfortunately, the commentators often seem to develop a scenario for the fight and to describe their scenario rather than the actual action of the fight and I think this happened tonight. I agree with one point they made: that Canelo-Alvarez' superior hand speed cause GGG to be tentative, afraid to "let his hands go" or really lean into his punches. But they kept describing that even when GGG decided to be aggressive and risk the punishment to score shots of his own. Many of those shots were from his piston-like jab while Canelo went with powerful counters, many of them to the body. The impact of canelo's punches might have been greater but those jabs are scoring punches, too.

I have no problem scoring a round even if I think there was no clear winner: those rounds should not decide the fight. I graded the first round even because not much happened. Then I gave Canelo four rounds in a row: GGG didn't seem to want to take any chances and Canelo was backing him up. But then Gennady got that jab going and I gave him the 6th, 8th, 9th and 11th rounds with rounds 10 and 12 even: 116-115 for Canelo. The judges had it for Canelo as well, 116-112 and 115-113. The commentators couldn't believe how close the scores were: hadn't the judges been listening to them?

At no time in the 36 rounds of the three fighters did either fighter have the other in any serious danger of being knocked out, even though they have knocked out a combined 76 men. they truly are two of the best middleweights of all time. Their first two fights were constant action, with both fighters winning portions of each round, making the fights very difficult to score. I'd been rooting to Canelo in each because people said that GGG was invincible and thought Canelo could be the guy to beat him. I graded both fights for Golovkin but Canelo got a draw and a win. I did think he won this one but that it was a lot closer than the talking heads realized.

Nonetheless, this appears to be the end of the trilogy. Now we wait for Crawford-Spence.

I've now seen all three of the Canelo-Alvarez - Gennady Golovkin fights and all three have had the same general pattern: GGG, the older man, seems to get stronger as the bout goes on and to win most of the late rounds. Unfortunately, the commentators often seem to develop a scenario for the fight and to describe their scenario rather than the actual action of the fight and I think this happened tonight. I agree with one point they made: that Canelo-Alvarez' superior hand speed cause GGG to be tentative, afraid to "let his hands go" or really lean into his punches. But they kept describing that even when GGG decided to be aggressive and risk the punishment to score shots of his own. Many of those shots were from his piston-like jab while Canelo went with powerful counters, many of them to the body. The impact of canelo's punches might have been greater but those jabs are scoring punches, too.

I have no problem scoring a round even if I think there was no clear winner: those rounds should not decide the fight. I graded the first round even because not much happened. Then I gave Canelo four rounds in a row: GGG didn't seem to want to take any chances and Canelo was backing him up. But then Gennady got that jab going and I gave him the 6th, 8th, 9th and 11th rounds with rounds 10 and 12 even: 116-115 for Canelo. The judges had it for Canelo as well, 116-112 and 115-113. The commentators couldn't believe how close the scores were: hadn't the judges been listening to them?

At no time in the 36 rounds of the three fighters did either fighter have the other in any serious danger of being knocked out, even though they have knocked out a combined 76 men. they truly are two of the best middleweights of all time. Their first two fights were constant action, with both fighters winning portions of each round, making the fights very difficult to score. I'd been rooting to Canelo in each because people said that GGG was invincible and thought Canelo could be the guy to beat him. I graded both fights for Golovkin but Canelo got a draw and a win. I did think he won this one but that it was a lot closer than the talking heads realized.

Nonetheless, this appears to be the end of the trilogy. Now we wait for Crawford-Spence.

I didn't catch this fight, will have to watch the replay. Regarding the commentators, they are just like MMA commentators, they really don't know how to score a fight in real time. I almost always watch fights (MMA, boxing) with the sound off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom