Brace yourself mods | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Brace yourself mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good news if it is Ash is that since nobody else wants him, we can get away with paying him less than $1M! Save even more money!!!
Thought that too. We def save money. Ugh. This stinks. Wanted to be excited about the new coach.

upperdeck said:
2 guys with no experience and yet everyone is all in a guy who might run an offense they like with lesser talent and all out on a guy who might run a defense we like with lesser talent. both with no idea what the plan is on the other side of the ball.. and this on top of most of the SS issues being in game mistakes for 3 years nothing to do with scheme

Most of Shafer's mistakes were McDonald, McDonald's demotion, and his hiring of Lester... Offensive. That's why everyone was hoping for an offensive guru.

The good news if it is Ash is that since nobody else wants him, we can get away with paying him less than $1M! Save even more money!!!

You mean pay the coordinators and assistant coaches MORE money!

Fanbase is dire need of excitement and we hire the least exciting candidate I can possibly think of.

Yea, whatever, cool, he may be great. He may be awful. It is what is. Nobody cares except the people here.

Sometimes a splash hire is necessary.

all i heard were 4th down punts, bad time outs, etc. the mcdonald thing was a coaching mistake not a scheme issue

and this on top of most of the SS issues being in game mistakes for 3 years nothing to do with scheme
Nothing to do with scheme??? did you watch the offense the last 3 years???

Hey, instead of rushing to a conclusion, why not try and do some independent research on the guy.

Also, how the hell do you know no one else wants him? OSU definitely wants him. What if he's being selective in his interview process? Also, those of you who assume all coaches have the same qualities( re: aggression/riskiness) and philosophy based on the side of the ball they coach, then you severely underestimate the complexity of human beings.

Fanbase is dire need of excitement and we hire the least exciting candidate I can possibly think of.

Yea, whatever, cool, he may be great. He may be awful. It is what is. Nobody cares except the people here.

THAT is the one big drawback for me. A splash hire might have been needed due to the consistently dwindling excitement around the program. That's legit for me. From an X's and O's standpoint, though, I have no reason to think that Ash won't be every bit as good a coach as Frost, and Ash doesn't seem to need an exit strategy in place before he takes a job.

Joe Moglia would have been a better choice in this situation. There, I said it.

Nothing to do with scheme??? did you watch the offense the last 3 years???
nothing wrong with scheme this year that a QB who can complete passes wont fix.. and if they dont fix that it might be worse in an oregon offense that struggled last year without mariota

Exactly - one chance to make SU football relevant again - even if for just one day - and they blow it.

I no longer think that SU football will ever be relevant again.

projecting much there?
100% fact... other than the people on this board who knows who any Coorinators are ? but I know more east coast people watch OSU at 3pm than they do Oregon at midnight

I can't wait until CBS/ESPN rank's this hire 23rd out of 25-30 openings this offseason. It may not mean much to us, but national perception is very important. Or at least it use to be.

This poor guy has no idea what he is walking into.

What a freaking disaster.

We have the ban button all dusted off if it gets out of hand. This isn't Syracuse.com although some try to make it that.
Is that you Bacongrease?

Have to enjoy people not even giving a coach a chance to show he's the right hire.

How the hell can anyone say with any authority that this is the wrong man for the job? That any other coach would have been better? We won't know who the right man will be for another couple years. Frost could crash and burn as a head coach. Ash could wind up being great. Or, vice versa. There's simply no way to predict.

I wanted an offensive mind, but come on, people. At least be open to giving the guy a chance to prove he can do the job, since he's who we're getting (probably).
True. He deserves 3 years like Shafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors