Brace yourself mods | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Brace yourself mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only good thing: Ash beat Frost to win it all last year. Take that Frosty!

(That's the best I can do. Sorry)

Have to enjoy people not even giving a coach a chance to show he's the right hire.

How the hell can anyone say with any authority that this is the wrong man for the job? That any other coach would have been better? We won't know who the right man will be for another couple years. Frost could crash and burn as a head coach. Ash could wind up being great. Or, vice versa. There's simply no way to predict.

I wanted an offensive mind, but come on, people. At least be open to giving the guy a chance to prove he can do the job, since he's who we're getting (probably).
Look, this guy might end up being the greatest coach in the history of football. No one knows. But what we do know is that it was said that the vision was for the Dome to be a place for exciting football. This hire doesn't say that. It doesn't create a splash. We just hired a guy with a resume like the guy we just fired. A couple of differences, the last guy loved the place and knew after 7 years what Syracuse was about. This guy (and the guy that hired him) have no clue. Yes, we have to give him a fair chance, but I find it a disappointing hire. Wanted offense. At the end, Coyle hired a friend.

image.jpg

dasher said:
Look, this guy might end up being the greatest coach in the history of football. No one knows. But what we do know is that it was said that the vision was for the Dome to be a place for exciting football. This hire doesn't say that. It doesn't create a splash. We just hired a guy with a resume like the guy we just fired. A couple of differences, the last guy loved the place and knew after 7 years what Syracuse was about. This guy (and the guy that hired him) have no clue. Yes, we have to give him a fair chance, but I find it a disappointing hire. Wanted offense. At the end, Coyle hired a friend.

He didn't know him from Drake. Misreported originally.

I don't disagree with a single thing you said.

But, chances are, it is what it is unless a huge curveball comes out of nowhere and we move in a different direction at the last second. So all I can do is embrace it and hope for the best, like I did with Shafer getting fired.

I can take anything. My back is as broad as the Susquehanna. And my mind is just as shallow.

I've been foregoing season's tickets for the past 20 years due to business obligations and tuition payments. Next year I'm buying back in. No matter how Neanderthal the new head coach is.
Plenty of good seats available!

The one thing I hope for is that our defense improves from a scheme standpoint. No more playing our CBs 10 yards off the line of scrimmage, no more conceding every 7 yard pass, no more having 3rd and long be our achilles heel and a virtual guaranteed conversion for the opposition.

I know that a lot of what Ohio State was doing was due to having great personnel, but it helps to have somebody who can coach that side of the ball.

All that said, I wanted an offensive guy. Fix what's broken.

We didn't do that.

You may as well give me my timeout now. This could be the biggest letdown hire I have ever seen. It's kind of like the scene in planes trains and automobiles when Steve martin rents a car only for it to not be there then have to walk all the way back to be told they are out of cars.
You forgot when the clerk asks him for his rental contract and says "Now you're F..."

Honest question, what is Syracuse about anymore? And whatever it's currently about, shouldn't that change given the direction the football program has taken?

I just don't get it. I just don't. Firing Shafer and hiring Ash literally makes no sense. I mean honestly it makes no sense.

I would rather have Shafer for another year. Think about what I just wrote. I didn't think Coyle could literally ruin a chance at optimism. Honestly this hire would make no sense how is he even a candidate.

Someone starts a thread that sets us all off and then disappears and adds nothing more to this string - are we getting played?

Most of Shafer's mistakes were McDonald, McDonald's demotion, and his hiring of Lester... Offensive. That's why everyone was hoping for an offensive guru.

That's why I'm hoping for an experienced HC. Big learning curve for rookie HCs.

Nothing helps piling up the injury report like trying to play smash mouth ball control football with a bunch of undersized 2 and 3-star kids.

If Frost was 1A, Ash could not be 1B, could he have? They would appear to be polar opposites, which makes you think there was no criteria for the list, just dudes on a list.
Dudes who the AD knows. Always dudes an AD knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom