Bracketology: Men's Division I, Fourth Look (IL) | Syracusefan.com

Bracketology: Men's Division I, Fourth Look (IL)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
25534.jpg

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/bracketology-men-s-division-i-fourth-look/31913

I would love this bracket (as long as Brown beats Albany ;)).

I would love this bracket (as long as Brown beats Albany ;)).

Anyone seen Brown in action this season? I've heard that they play a fast-paced game that emphasizes shots early and often. How fast is "fast?" And how is their D?

So basically, upon review of that, I'm looking for a scouting report. :cool:

Anyone seen Brown in action this season? I've heard that they play a fast-paced game that emphasizes shots early and often. How fast is "fast?" And how is their D?

So basically, upon review of that, I'm looking for a scouting report. :cool:
I have only seen them once - internet viewing of their slaughter of Cornell. Obviously the wife wasn't home. ;)

They like to run and can score. Reminds me a bit of Syracuse-Lite. Their D is good, but not as good as SU's (the Duke game notwithstanding). Their offense is good, but not as good as SU's. The only reason I say I would rather see Brown in the quarters is that I don't think Brown (whereas they have good players) has THAT player that could take SU down, like Albany has Thompson.

I'd rather take my chances against Brown than have to face Albany again, if I had my druthers.

That's all I got. :noidea:

The in-depth scouting report will have to come from Jeremy, the expert.

Denver terrifies me after the way the D played off ball last game.

Brown as an 8 seed? I don't see that unless they win the Ivy tourney. Seems destined that Albany will be the 8 seed if SU is the 1 seed every projection seems to have that now. Good news is that almost all the bracketologies have the NEC winner going out to ND which would mean no Bryant.

Not in love with this bracket to be honest. Albany Duke Denver less then optimal. Would prefer to get Duke and UNC on the other side of the bracket but that appears unlikely. Brown does not matchup well with Syracuse in my opinion.

Brown as an 8 seed? I don't see that unless they win the Ivy tourney. Seems destined that Albany will be the 8 seed if SU is the 1 seed every projection seems to have that now. Good news is that almost all the bracketologies have the NEC winner going out to ND which would mean no Bryant.

Not in love with this bracket to be honest. Albany Duke Denver less then optimal. Would prefer to get Duke and UNC on the other side of the bracket but that appears unlikely. Brown does not matchup well with Syracuse in my opinion.
Just trying to understand, Jeremy. Are you referring to the above bracket, or just in general? Above, UNC is on the other side of the bracket.

And just a general statement, lax is such a small universe, it's hard to see new teams all the time in the tournament. At least, when you are SU and not afraid to play anyone, anywhere. Not directed at you Jeremy, just saying it's hard not to face someone we've seen already (if you're SU, or in the ACC) since we play Top 10 teams all the time. Personally, I'd prefer to play SoCon teams on the way to the championship. ;)

As much as Georgetown sucks they suck less than Ohio State has this year. I can't see Ohio State in the tourney now over Georgetown sucks and they play Marlyand in the Big Ten tourney.

Brown no way climbs over Albany unless they win the Ivy title and Albany loses the AE. Last week's NCAA unofficial official rankings had Albany 9th and Cornell 10th so they clearly control their own destiny for the 8th seed.

Just trying to understand, Jeremy. Are you referring to the above bracket, or just in general? Above, UNC is on the other side of the bracket.

And just a general statement, lax is such a small universe, it's hard to see new teams all the time in the tournament. At least, when you are SU and not afraid to play anyone, anywhere. Not directed at you Jeremy, just saying it's hard not to face someone we've seen already (if you're SU, or in the ACC) since we play Top 10 teams all the time. Personally, I'd prefer to play SoCon teams on the way to the championship. ;)

I was talking about in general with regards to UNC and Duke. I have no qualms about having to play teams again in the tourney it is unfortunately the nature of the beast when it comes to Div 1 mens lacrosse. That said I think UNC is a less then optimal matchup for SU and as for Duke I would like to avoid that matchup until the title game if at all possible because beating a Danowski led team three times is an extremely tall order.

Looking at my post I may have meant to say Denver and Duke on the other side of the bracke with ND. That would leave our side with UNC, Maryland, likely Albany, UVA etc.

I'll take it. Don't like having to play Duke possibly three times but given the strength of ACC lacrosse, there appears to be no way around this. They will have a very tough out against Denver in Denver in round 2 assuming there are no upsets.

I would also prefer Brown versus Albany. In addition to Thompson, the Albany goalie is pretty good.

I don't know why all the fear about Albany. They can't win a face off. I don't think they will win the 8-9 game anyway.

I should also add that I am the worst prognosticator of sports outcomes this side of anywhere.

I don't know why all the fear about Albany. They can't win a face off. I don't think they will win the 8-9 game anyway.

I should also add that I am the worst prognosticator of sports outcomes this side of anywhere.

I think the concern is that in potentially his last game you wonder if Lyle Thompson will just put in an over the top performance that somehow wills his team to victory.

I don't think Albany is really that good a team to be honest, they have beat up mostly bad teams. They had a nice win over Yale but that win now looks flawed after Yale lost to Harvard this past weekend. Any team with a solid defense and an above average offense is going to give Albany fits, its why Cornell and Syracuse both beat them handily. I would definitely prefer to play albany vs Duke, or UNC or probably even ND. That said I won't shed one tear if we are able to avoid them in the tourney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom