Bracketology | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bracketology

If we win 3 of last 6 we get in. If not we probably don't unless we make a big run in ACCT which isn't likely. The loses to Bonnies and ND were just killers.

i agree with this, which is why i think we make the ncaa's if we win wednesday, and we dont if we lose. i see us going 8-10 or 9-9 in acc, and the nc state game will decide that. i think we go 2-3 in our last 5.

obviously a deep run in acc tourny can change everything, but im not counting on that based on our acc tourny history

As bad as this team has looked, with such little offensive firepower, we could miss the Tourney due to losing some really bad games (Bonnie, ND, Wake, GTech). Win 2 of those and we'd be in great shape right now.

BC has beaten Duke, Florida State, and Miami at home. They will be much tougher than what we saw at the Dome.
That wasn’t the point of my comment. Anyone can beat anyone as we’ve seen t Me and time again. UNC, Duke, Vt, UVA, NCST are tougher then Miami, Duke, NCST, BC, clemson.

BC could be tough.. but depending on their next 3-4 games they might have an empty SU crowd their too.

I'd love to know what he sees in Miami. Their resume is very unimpressive.
Probably because UM fans don't barrage him with hate like SU fans. He references that all the time. It's made SU a vendetta to him.

I live in Austin, Texas, home of the Longhorns so I find that to be a very interesting match up.
I've got season tickets and have seen Bamba & Co. in action many times this year. It would be fascinating to see those two teams match up with each other. The One True Orange would probably flummox the Horns with their brand of zone defense, but Mo and Dylan Osetkowski could be big trouble on both sides of the rebounding battle. A big question would be whether the good-shooting or bad-shooting UT would show up--and whether we could lure Kerwin Roach into old, bad habits of driving into traffic and chucking up bad shots.

I'd gladly take this matchup if it meant we were in the NCAAs! And I'd know whom to root for, too.

GO ORANGE

I've got season tickets and have seen Bamba & Co. in action many times this year. It would be fascinating to see those two teams match up with each other. The One True Orange would probably flummox the Horns with their brand of zone defense, but Mo and Dylan Osetkowski could be big trouble on both sides of the rebounding battle. A big question would be whether the good-shooting or bad-shooting UT would show up--and whether we could lure Kerwin Roach into old, bad habits of driving into traffic and chucking up bad shots.

I'd gladly take this matchup if it meant we were in the NCAAs! And I'd know whom to root for, too.

GO ORANGE

UT and SU have a lot in common in that a win and loss is so dependent on their outside shooting. I predicted UT would make the tournament this year based on Coleman and Bamba coming in. Did not know about Osetkowski and he is a difference maker but has been very hot and cold lately. UT lost their leading scorer to leukemia earlier this year (hopefully recovering) and that was a major hit. You are right in that the SU defense could bother UT a great deal. UT is NOT a great 3-point shooting team.

UT and SU have a lot in common in that a win and loss is so dependent on their outside shooting. I predicted UT would make the tournament this year based on Coleman and Bamba coming in. Did not know about Osetkowski and he is a difference maker but has been very hot and cold lately. UT lost their leading scorer to leukemia earlier this year (hopefully recovering) and that was a major hit. You are right in that the SU defense could bother UT a great deal. UT is NOT a great 3-point shooting team.
I haven't taken a close look recently, but my sense is that UT has more good wins than we do, even if they've dropped some real stinkers along the way. I wish we had as much movement as they do, and less iso. They seem to be much streakier than we are with the outside shooting. Ours has been a lot better than I'd expected these last several games--and it sure as hell needs to be.

That news about Andrew Jones and his leukemia was heartbreaking. I read last week that he's showing improvement now that his treatment is underway. Really pulling for him. As for Shaka, I'm getting worried that time and patience are running out with the big program boosters. I don't know if he's got enough coming in next year to make up for Bamba's certain departure for the NBA. I agree about Osetkowski having been hot and cold lately. He's rugged, works hard on rebounding, and can actually hit from three, but he's got to clean up his finishing touch around the basket.

I haven't taken a close look recently, but my sense is that UT has more good wins than we do, even if they've dropped some real stinkers along the way. I wish we had as much movement as they do, and less iso. They seem to be much streakier than we are with the outside shooting. Ours has been a lot better than I'd expected these last several games--and it sure as hell needs to be.

That news about Andrew Jones and his leukemia was heartbreaking. I read last week that he's showing improvement now that his treatment is underway. Really pulling for him. As for Shaka, I'm getting worried that time and patience are running out with the big program boosters. I don't know if he's got enough coming in next year to make up for Bamba's certain departure for the NBA. I agree about Osetkowski having been hot and cold lately. He's rugged, works hard on rebounding, and can actually hit from three, but he's got to clean up his finishing touch around the basket.

Thought you were describing Oshae here for a second!

I’ll be 100 percent honest. If my business was contingent on internet clicks I’d make sure my troll game was on point.
FWIW, I think you missed your calling in life. What do you do again? Some kind of doctor?

What a waste of potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom