Bralyn Oliver in the portal | Syracusefan.com

Bralyn Oliver in the portal

SanDiegoCuse

Starter
He hasn’t played this year, figured he may be amongst those who are gone. Posted this in a Liberty jersey on Instagram.

Possible he’s just wearing the jersey of a friend? Though Galloway’s from SC

2nd transfer going into the portal for him??

What are his extenuating circumstances that the NCCA would approve?

Possible he’s just wearing the jersey of a friend? Though Galloway’s from SC
Oh perhaps. Just haven’t seen him or heard him mentioned in weeks. Especially weird after so many said he had a great camp.

Oh perhaps. Just haven’t seen him or heard him mentioned in weeks. Especially weird after so many said he had a great camp.
I thought he got into trouble…

I assume this means he hasn't left school which is good to see. Hope he's still with the program. Kid is/was a high major prospect, we could use him next season.

What is a "high major prospect"?

Oliver was rated .87 by 247 out of high school. But, 247 also rated him at .80 when he transferred from Louisville.

Whatever 247 saw, we should have seen.

In 2022 Oliver played 60 defensive snaps in 5 games. His PFF score for 2022 was 63.1, which isn't very high.

Oliver redshirted at Louisville in 2021 so he is a redshirt-sophomore this year and has two more years of eligibility left.

He came to Syracuse via the portal in December of 2021 so he cannot transfer again until he graduates. Oliver entered the portal in August of 2021 before Louisville played a game that year.

So... After going to multiple high schools, he enrolled at Louisville in January 2021, but entered the portal in August of 2021 before paying a single game.

Transferred to Syracuse in December of 2021 in time for the Spring 2022 semester. Played 60 defensive snaps for Syracuse in 2022.

Something happened in fall camp before the 2023 season. He has not played a single snap in 2023 while transfers like Gould (RS-Fr) and Farmer (RS-Jr) have played in every game. Word is Oliver has not been with the team since mid-September. I'm glad he is still on campus and taking classes. Maybe the coaches left the door open for him to return to the program in the spring.

It's way too early to tell what the safety room is going to look like in 2024.

What is a "high major prospect"?

Oliver was rated .87 by 247 out of high school. But, 247 also rated him at .80 when he transferred from Louisville.

Whatever 247 saw, we should have seen.

In 2022 Oliver played 60 defensive snaps in 5 games. His PFF score for 2022 was 63.1, which isn't very high.

Oliver redshirted at Louisville in 2021 so he is a redshirt-sophomore this year and has two more years of eligibility left.

He came to Syracuse via the portal in December of 2021 so he cannot transfer again until he graduates. Oliver entered the portal in August of 2021 before Louisville played a game that year.

So... After going to multiple high schools, he enrolled at Louisville in January 2021, but entered the portal in August of 2021 before paying a single game.

Transferred to Syracuse in December of 2021 in time for the Spring 2022 semester. Played 60 defensive snaps for Syracuse in 2022.

Something happened in fall camp before the 2023 season. He has not played a single snap in 2023 while transfers like Gould (RS-Fr) and Farmer (RS-Jr) have played in every game. Word is Oliver has not been with the team since mid-September. I'm glad he is still on campus and taking classes. Maybe the coaches left the door open for him to return to the program in the spring.

It's way too early to tell what the safety room is going to look like in 2024.

There's nothing goofier than rating a freshman transfer prospect who was redshirting. Those ratings worked out so well for Chestnut and Carter.

But assuming you believe all that stuff with 247, they also had the kid with 20 offers from the likes of Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Oklahoma, Michigan State, Tennessee so give me a break with the PPF grades and the high major questions. That's about as high major as you can get ...

He's been scrubbed from the SU roster which I hadn't noticed before so there's that. Too bad. We can always use a 6-2 190lb safety that had better offers than half our team. (I also figured he'd be a nice replacement when Clark leaves.)

There's nothing goofier than rating a freshman transfer prospect who was redshirting. Those ratings worked out so well for Chestnut and Carter.

But assuming you believe all that stuff with 247, they also had the kid with 20 offers from the likes of Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Oklahoma, Michigan State, Tennessee so give me a break with the PPF grades and the high major questions. That's about as high major as you can get ...

He's been scrubbed from the SU roster which I hadn't noticed before so there's that. Too bad. We can always use a 6-2 190lb safety that had better offers than half our team. (I also figured he'd be a nice replacement when Clark leaves.)
I was curious if anyone else wasn't on the roster anymore and Francois Nolton and Jakobie Seabourn(he must have barely been here) are also scrubbed from the roster.

It's not about "offers," it's performance that matters. Do you have a better source than PFF for performance?

I don't have absolute belief in any of the rating systems; 247, On3, ESPN or Rivals, but I do refer to those sites as guidelines. To ignore them is foolish.

These ratings and offers are merely indicators. I was offering the ratings for context.

IMO, the initial rating of .87 by 247 and his list of offers from high school both turned out to be inaccurate.

I was curious if anyone else wasn't on the roster anymore and Francois Nolton and Jakobie Seabourn(he must have barely been here) are also scrubbed from the roster.
There will be more

It's not about "offers," it's performance that matters. Do you have a better source than PFF for performance?

I don't have absolute belief in any of the rating systems; 247, On3, ESPN or Rivals, but I do refer to those sites as guidelines. To ignore them is foolish.

These ratings and offers are merely indicators. I was offering the ratings for context.

IMO, the initial rating of .87 by 247 and his list of offers from high school both turned out to be inaccurate.

He played 5 freaking snaps and still had 4 years left. So again, give me a break with PFF and 247s rating. Clearly he has issues beyond football.

And there will be every year from here on out. Now you fire a coach there will be a lot, it goes with the territory and probably for the best
I'm just saying that a couple months ago, the topic of available scholarships came up in the Willie Love thread, and I commented a bunch of names that I said could move on for one reason or another, freeing up plenty of available scholarships.

Available scholarships will not be an issue and our NIL network will be tested when the inevitable change occurs and the new coach is looking to fill roster gaps.

We will find out fairly quick where we stand with our NIL game.

None of this pleases me. It's going to suck, mods will be busy on here, and this will be an off season with lots of news to keep us occupied until kickoff 2024.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom