Brandon's charge in first half | Syracusefan.com

Brandon's charge in first half

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
It's easy to say we could have won last night if we played just a little bit better, but their is no doubt that the terrible charge call against Brandon changed the whole outlook of the game. Not only did it take points off the board for us, it cost Jb a t, and gave osu the ball. If we get that and 1 right there, I think it gives us a ton of momentum the rest of the first half. It seemed like after that call dion and Brandon became less aggressive for the rest of the half. Hindsight is 20/20, but I believe if we play that game again with big east officials I think we win. I am not making excuses, but that play was the biggest play of the game. It changed the whole outlook of the first half. That being said, Brandon's game last night was eerily similar to dions last year against Marquette. I definitely can see him being our go to guy next year, and I think he will be more reliable than Joseph was this year.

Changed the whole outlook of the game? Biggest play of the game? It was tied at halftime. Bad call or not, it certainly did not determine the outcome. The way the refs called the game, even if that call went our way, the guards still couldn't play the way they are accustomed.

What that call did was basically eliminate our ability to attack the basket.

Eliminate our ability to attack the basket? Cuse outscored Ohio St in the paint 28-20, 18 of those came in the last 25 mins of the game (after the charge was called). Considering the missed layups, it should have been an even bigger difference. I would say they kept attacking. I can think of three 'and ones' in the second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom