Break the bank open for Billy Donovan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Break the bank open for Billy Donovan

Nuke this thread. Billy D has been a huge success so far in the NBA. Wasn't his fault Durant left in free agency. All the so called "experts" predicted the Thunder would be a lottery team in the pre-season. They weren't. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon. His seat is not even luke warm right now.

I think Westbrook is a good MVP candidate. The rebounding/lack of defense really irks me, but he's still had a phenomenal season.

Harden absolutely has my vote though.

Based on the votes that have been made public so far, it seems like it's probably a pretty close race, but Westbrook is in the lead and will likely end up winning.
Harden plays no defense. Never has.

It is funny seeing people talk about Westbrooks defense when talking about the MVP race. I've never seen a player look more dumb on the court at moments than James Harden.

It is funny seeing people talk about Westbrooks defense when talking about the MVP race. I've never seen a player look more dumb on the court at moments than James Harden.

Somebody compiled these clips of Harden playing defense a few years ago.

I think his defense this season has probably been better than Westbrook's. Certainly isn't significantly worse. At the end of the day, neither guy is winning MVP for their defense; they're winning because voters are willing to ignore that side of the ball/believe their offense outweighs their defense (which it does). Harden is simply a better offensive player than Westbrook IMO.

Last edited:
I think his defense this season has probably been better than Westbrook's. Certainly isn't significantly worse. At the end of the day, neither guy is winning MVP for their offense; they're winning because voters are willing to ignore that side of the ball/believe their offense outweighs their defense (which it does). Harden is simply a better offensive player than Westbrook IMO.

Harden averaged 29-11-8 on a 61% true shooting. That's just a monstrous season

Harden averaged 29-11-8 on a 61% true shooting. That's just a monstrous season

Most points provided (via scoring and assisting) than any other player in NBA history I believe (though I think this is because the previous record holder played before 3 pointers were added). It's really crazy how good he was this year.

This has spiraled out of control. At one point he was a below average defender. So someone compiled a few clips of bad defense onto youtube? So what? Let's compile a list of Syracuse's blown assignments from this year and put it on youtube.

Harden will likely always be known for his offensive ability, which is elite. To say he doesn't play any defense is just so ridiculous. And Syracuse fans should know what bad defense looks like after some of the games the last couple years.

I don't see why Donovan would leave the NBA to go back to a college gig. Even if OKC cans him, plenty of other NBA teams would have interest and offer more money than any college programs would.

Kentucky and Carolina are probably the 2 teams who could most afford him, maybe Michigan, but would he want to coach them?

This has spiraled out of control. At one point he was a below average defender. So someone compiled a few clips of bad defense onto youtube? So what? Let's compile a list of Syracuse's blown assignments from this year and put it on youtube.

Harden will likely always be known for his offensive ability, which is elite. To say he doesn't play any defense is just so ridiculous. And Syracuse fans should know what bad defense looks like after some of the games the last couple years.
My post was as a response to the article complaining about Westbrook's defense. To say Harden is more of an MVP than Westbrook based on defense is laughable. That was the point.

Nuke this thread. Billy D has been a huge success so far in the NBA. Wasn't his fault Durant left in free agency. All the so called "experts" predicted the Thunder would be a lottery team in the pre-season. They weren't. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon. His seat is not even luke warm right now.
I think it's just refreshing not to be talking about Jay Wright for 5 seconds.