Breakdown of the Pods | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Breakdown of the Pods

Sent to me by a former famous poster who doesnt post anymore and knows more about the pod system than I can think of. Live and breathes this stuff and this should be taken to the bank:

If SU doesn't get Buffalo I have a message for the committee:

The NCAA always has 2 western sites. I am guessing their is no California sub-regional, or Salt Lake, Boise, Tucson with Portland and Seattle. The Pac-12, Gonzaga have usually filed up 2 of those 4 slots and then the last 4 seeds have been sent out there like us and St. Louis last year in San Jose. The NCAA should just have 1 western site and put that 2nd slot more in the Midwest area so its a middle ground.

Your last sentence was my point... i agree.

They just made it a little more silly next year by making the majority of west teams travel more as well.

Sent to me by a former famous poster who doesnt post anymore and knows more about the pod system than I can think of. Live and breathes this stuff and this should be taken to the bank:

Dick in Michigan? Bjorn? Tristan? Albanycuse? Max?

What about nova playing in Raleigh?

Villanova is a bit closer to raleigh than buffalo. Although I can see them going either way.

But with duke not looking like a 2 seed anymore, I would love to see them get shipped.

Something else to consider when trying to determine pods- the NCAA pays travel expenses for all the tournament teams. If you are within something like 250-300 miles (not sure the exact distance), the NCAA only pays for bus transportation.

Someone told me that when SU was in Pittsburgh a couple of years ago, the NCAA only paid the costs for a bus, so SU had to pay the difference to charter the team.

Something else to consider when trying to determine pods- the NCAA pays travel expenses for all the tournament teams. If you are within something like 250-300 miles (not sure the exact distance), the NCAA only pays for bus transportation.

Someone told me that when SU was in Pittsburgh a couple of years ago, the NCAA only paid the costs for a bus, so SU had to pay the difference to charter the team.
Interesting point. Would Syracuse fly 140 miles to Buffalo or would they just charter a bus. Seems like it's not worth the hassle of flying when you could be there in two hours on a bus. It's barely one movie.

The last time they went to Buffalo, I believe they just went on a bus.

Interesting point. Would Syracuse fly 140 miles to Buffalo or would they just charter a bus. Seems like it's not worth the hassle of flying when you could be there in two hours on a bus. It's barely one movie.
They drove by bus in 2010 I would figure the same this year.

BTW, based on Jerry Palm having Duke as 5 seed when I think they are a 3 or 4 seed. They no longer should be locked into Raleigh as pod. I would say the winner of Duke-North Carolina should be get that spot with UVA and the loser could be headed for Orlando.

Do you think they would put Wichita St in the San Antonio pod instead of St Louis? (FYI Wichita to St Louis is 442 miles and Wichita to San Antonio is 624 miles) St Louis will be dominated by KU fans while San Antonio would be up for grabs and may give Wichita St an advantage.

Do you think they would put Wichita St in the San Antonio pod instead of St Louis? (FYI Wichita to St Louis is 442 miles and Wichita to San Antonio is 624 miles) St Louis will be dominated by KU fans while San Antonio would be up for grabs and may give Wichita St an advantage.
Nah, Wichita State will have more fans in the Missouri/Kansas City area than down in San Antonio. I think both Wichita State/Kansas are locks for the St. Louis pod.
Creighton and one of Iowa State/Oklahoma/Texas of those 3 look likely for San Antonio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom