Breaking bad | Syracusefan.com

Breaking bad

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Finally finished the last episode of season five. There was a two week stretch a few months back where I watched seasons 1-4 on Netflix after a recommendation at work, but season five I had to find online. Can't wait for the next episodes to start up.

To anyone who hasn't watched this- do it. Trust me, I'm the last person that gets involved in these type of shows with seasons and all that, but this is worth it.

I felt the same. Its a damn good show. Not my all time favorite but top 10 for sure.

I think, beginning to end, its the best show I've ever seen

although, Top of the Lake is the best thing I've seen on television this year.

Yah, I have a short list of shows that I can tolerate and a shorter list of shows that I consider exceptional. There are only three that have captivated me. Breaking Bad is one, and perhaps the best I've ever seen.

The character development is superb. I actually find myself angry at fictional characters. The scene with Walter devilishly laughing under the house while skylar looks on with a horrified look as the phone rings gave me goosebumps.

The character development is superb. I actually find myself angry at fictional characters. The scene with Walter devilishly laughing under the house while skylar looks on with a horrified look as the phone rings gave me goosebumps.
That is hands down the single scariest moment I've ever seen in any film or TV show. Left both my wife and I starting at the TV speechless for what seemed like an eternity. Pure awesome...and haunting.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Hate-off: Footface vs. Crabapple (Skylar v. Catelyn Stark).

Who do ya hate more? Can't stand the sight of either one of them me self.

Hate-off: Footface vs. Crabapple (Skylar v. Catelyn Stark).

Who do ya hate more? Can't stand the sight of either one of them me self.
I don't understand the dislike for Skylar on this board. I think she is the essential character in the show, and she plays it wonderfully.

I guess if you watch the show to see Walter become the King of Meth, then Skylar gets in your way. But if you see the show as charting the moral destruction of a man and those around him, Skylar is crucial.

I don't understand the dislike for Skylar on this board. I think she is the essential character in the show, and she plays it wonderfully.

I guess if you watch the show to see Walter become the King of Meth, then Skylar gets in your way. But if you see the show as charting the moral destruction of a man and those around him, Skylar is crucial.
Can't wait to see who's left standing in the end . . . Walter or Skylar.

I just finished seasons 3 and 4 on Netflix. Where did you find season 5?

Season 5 was/is spread out over 2 years, so it doesn't seem likely that Netflix would have marketed half of Season 5.

Try cokeandpopcorn.com for five. Something along those lines.

Sklyar "the essential character"? Skylar could've been gone two seasons ago and it wouldn't have mattered.

Gus, Mike, Saul and of course Jesse are far more important than her. All IMO of course - this stuff is inherently subjective.

Walt Junior murders them both. #youhearditherefirst
I heard an interview with Vince Gilligan a few months back and he said he's a big fan of the Godfather, and liked the way Godather 3 ended. He also said he wasn't necessarily writing a morality play. Lots of possibilities.

this show is a masterful template in character study and the arch of each player is invariably tied to walt and his destructive ascent......the fall (of whomever) will be the best part, just ask mike

Sklyar "the essential character"? Skylar could've been gone two seasons ago and it wouldn't have mattered.

Gus, Mike, Saul and of course Jesse are far more important than her. All IMO of course - this stuff is inherently subjective.
if you think the show is only about the building of a meth empire, then sure

but if you think it is about the moral destruction of Walter White - his Breaking to the Bad - and all those around him, then Skylar's difficult - impossible - situation is far more compelling than Saul Goodman's comedic relief

but if you think it is about the moral destruction of Walter White - his Breaking to the Bad - and all those around him, then Skylar's difficult - impossible - situation is far more compelling than Saul Goodman's comedic relief

BetterCallSaul_BenchAd.JPG

Skylar's situation is compelling. As a character she's soporific.

Hank's situation is compelling. As is Jesse's. As characters they're far more accessible and - frankly - likeable than Skylar.

Skylar's situation is compelling. As a character she's soporific.

I could not disagree more. Her character drives the narrative in so many ways - her presence is the one thing that tethers Walt to the "square" world. without Skylar, Hank would not be hooked into Walt's meth money, which will be a major complication in the final 8 episodes. I think she is indispensable and her "slow burn" is a nice and necessary counterpoint to the acting fireworks that the more flashy characters are afforded.

Finally, Skylar's "IFT" is one of the three finest episodes in the series thus far. Her calm and defiant "I fcked Ted" declaration over the dinner table to smug Walter was the most brutal and effective blow that anyone has thrown his way.

K
My friend who teaches Professional Responsibilities in law school called that number for his class, and the pre-recorded messages were so hilarious he told me that I had to call it and listen.

The Skylar character is annoying on the show, she decided on her own to get into "bed" with what Walter was doing and she was like a wet blanket when she caused Ted's accident. Hank/Saul/Mike the Cleaner/Gus where the best things about the show. I hated how basically everyone was "barreled" by Walter. The first scene of last season's premiere showed the end of this season. I think Walter is going to use Saul's guy to get him out.

The sickest scene of the entire series is when Walter is trying to find the money he needs to buy his family new identities from Saul's "cleaner" and he asks Skylar where the money is and she tells him she gave it to Ted, and Marie calls on the answering machine telling Skylar the Cartel is coming after Hank and Walter starts laughing very sick like a hyena. That scene is totally memorizing and well done, and makes you feel sick.

BTW, I loved this from the DVD.

Reactions: MCC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom