Breaking News Lane Kiffin fired | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Breaking News Lane Kiffin fired

Where was the evidence that this guy was ever a good coach? He was 5-15 with the Raiders, 7-6 in his one year at Tennessee and 28-15 at USC, 10-8 the last two years when they were supposedly emerging form the probation to compete for national titles. Total: 40-36 at three legendary jobs. On top of that he was arrogant and burned bridges all around him.

He was never coming here. If he had he would have been here only as long as it to him to get a better job. He's not a good coach and nobody likes him. End of story.

Exactly!

My only regret is that we lost to the bum. If we had played USC the second half of last season, Nassib probably torches Barkley.

Where was the evidence that this guy was ever a good coach? He was 5-15 with the Raiders, 7-6 in his one year at Tennessee and 28-15 at USC, 10-8 the last two years when they were supposedly emerging form the probation to compete for national titles. Total: 40-36 at three legendary jobs. On top of that he was arrogant and burned bridges all around him.

He was never coming here. If he had he would have been here only as long as it to him to get a better job. He's not a good coach and nobody likes him. End of story.

A commentator on ESPN referred to Kiffin as a "punk" and a no talent "Mili Cyrus" persona. It sounds like people are going to go out of their way to throw dirt on his grave. Apparently, Al Davis wasn't wrong.

Couldn't happen to a bigger douchebag. Can't wait to see which football team regrets hiring him next.

He has zero charisma, and even worse coaching acumen. He's been exposed as a dud.

Hasn't been a good 5 years for the career of Kiffin.

If I am USC, I am going to test just how loyal Pat Fitzgerald is to his alma mater.

I would guess he'd stay in Chicago, but it may be very tough to say no to that job.

Charlie Strong may want to strike while the iron is hot too... it'll be an interesting story to follow.

Probably his old man's connections got him started. On ESPN they said he was one of the most respected "offensive minds" in the game. Didn't realize this but he was calling all the plays. Some of his staff felt that if he was going to do that, then he should be up in the booth. Very tough to succeed as a head coach with play calling responsibility at a major BCS school.

It's amazing how many guys get reputations as "recruiting gurus" or "offensive geniuses" and turn out to be lousy head coaches. Are there any defensive geniuses?

Wait - is it possible to be a tool and a db at the same time?

Hey - UCONN is proving that you can suck and blow at the same time, so anything is possible, I guess.

Say what you will about Kiffin, but USC is a classless school. They pulled Kiffin off the team bus at the airport and fired him on the spot. He had find his own way home. Hop should be glad he didn't land a job there.

Say what you will about Kiffin, but USC is a classless school. They pulled Kiffin off the team bus at the airport and fired him on the spot. He had find his own way home. Hop should be glad he didn't land a job there.

Turn your keys in son, it's all over.

In other news Holgerson continues to give WVU just enough to maintain a level of mediocrity. I bring it because when I think of over rated tools, Lane and Dana are two peas in a pod.

If WVU "...a level of mediocrity", what are we?

44cuse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

That's crazy.

i cant stand kiffin and think he is a complete dirt bag.. very likely my daughter will attend usc in 2 yrs. however to fire him in this way is absolute joke and embarrassing . They decided to fire him during the 3rd qtr of the game and needed to pull him off the bus to let him know .. i run a business with many empl who make close to min wage and i if anyone of my managers terminated an employee in this manner i would be pissed.

U$C has shown their true colors. Haden should be ashamed.

Classless?

Pat Haden could've let Kiffin continue coaching under major fire and certain lameduckness. And Kiffin's maturity is questionable, so he likely would have said and done a stupid thing here and there under an incredibly negative environment.

Firing someone is not hard, period. I applaud USC for the action it took and Kiffin will come to appreciate the bullet in the head versus the slow, painful death.

Classless?

Pat Haden could've let Kiffin continue coaching under major fire and certain lameduckness. And Kiffin's maturity is questionable, so he likely would have said and done a stupid thing here and there under an incredibly negative environment.

Firing someone is not hard, period. I applaud USC for the action it took and Kiffin will come to appreciate the bullet in the head versus the slow, painful death.
I don't think anyone disagrees with Kiffin being fired. I think most of us feel it was handled in a classless way. At least let the guy get a ride back to campus. Do it there, not in front of the entire team.

LOL. I have a USC grad, and am not happy with the way this was done either. He needed to go, but yea, do it on Sunday morning. What were they trying to prove? I think there is an understory here we must not know about. Having a son who made it through USC with a major disease, and a couple of dropped semesters due to hospitalizations, I have to say this is not the USC I came to know. They were incredible with our situation. As an institution I do not like to see this giving them a bad name, because they are one of the best places I have ever had to deal with.

Lane has done nothing with class as he hopped jobs, so it's not really classless the way he was fired.

What goes around comes around. He got fired the way he deserved to.

If I am USC, I am going to test just how loyal Pat Fitzgerald is to his alma mater.

I would guess he'd stay in Chicago, but it may be very tough to say no to that job.

Charlie Strong may want to strike while the iron is hot too... it'll be an interesting story to follow.

Hmmm. Fitzgerald would be an excellent choice for them. Didn't know he was an alum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds a lot like the circumstances I've heard described as to how Coach P was fired here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom