Breaking news: the Knicks suck | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Breaking news: the Knicks suck

Where does he go? The Knicks can pay him the most. Possibly a trade to the Clippers for Griffin?
I've heard this trade come up and if Knicks fans feel like theyre going to be overpaying for Melo, I cant wait to see how they feel about maxing out Griffin.

Amen.
Unfortunately Melo isn't playing like an alpha dog when the game is on the line.
As of November 30 he was 1- for his last 15 on game-tying or game-winning shots
in the final 30 seconds.
That's only one shot better than any of us could do.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/30/anthonys-airball-seals-knicks-8th-straight-loss/

Now his record is even worse.
He needs to step it up, no doubt... but in his defense and even his biggest critic Mike Breen brings this up now, Melo is playing way too many minutes. He is shot at the end of games. Also noone else steps up in the clutch which allows defenses to completely suffocate him. Yesterday was the first day someone else besides Melo hit some big shots (JR).

As far as the end game situation, that's all on the coach. We had a foul to give, why does Beno not know that a foul Beal as soon as he turns the corner. Then after he scores every single competent coach in the NBA immediately calls a timeout, when Woodson didn't you can see everyone on the floor go into mass confusion.

I've heard this trade come up and if Knicks fans feel like theyre going to be overpaying for Melo, I cant wait to see how they feel about maxing out Griffin.

Well Griffin isn't going to make near as much as Melo. Blake is in the middle of a 5/95 deal, if the Knicks max Melo out you're talking 5/129. And Blake is 5 years younger than Melo.

Which isn't to defend the trade proposal, or say Griffin is better or whatever. LA also needs big guys, so I don't see this one happening. But also people are just throwing around the max contract phrase without accounting for the fact that they aren't the same for each player.

As far as the end game situation, that's all on the coach. We had a foul to give, why does Beno not know that a foul Beal as soon as he turns the corner. Then after he scores every single competent coach in the NBA immediately calls a timeout, when Woodson didn't you can see everyone on the floor go into mass confusion.

Mostly on Woodson, for sure. But Melo did a poor job there as well. And agreed Melo is playing entirely too many minutes.

Bottom line is the Knicks might as well forfeit this season if they don't get a legit pg. The 2g spot has been a black hole of ineptitude but JR will snap out of it and THJR is going to be a player. They keep saying Shump is being held out of a trade bc they are waiting for something biggger.. Well that bigger better be a pg better than Kyle Lowry bc aside from Woodson, Felton, Prigs and Beno are the reason this season shows zero signs of turning around.

I said the same thing after they lost to the Bulls in game 3 and everyone jumped down my throat. It was pretty obvious that this team was due for a major regression... most mis-managed team in all of basketball. The Knicks will not be a true contender again as long as Dolan owns and runs that team. I can't believe they are talking about trading Rice who they just drafted.

Melo has to be the best player on the floor and the head coach now. Plus the GM since some other dude was saying that Melo was forcing the team to make specific personnel moves.

Sheesh. Guy can't get a break. His best bet is to get out of NY as quickly as possible. And since, he's the player/coach/GM, he should be able to make that happen.

What the F are the Knicks waiting for? Woodson is somehow still here and What kind of trade are we waiting for? Everyone knows a trade is coming, meanwhile Shump is an abject disaster and our point guards are getting completely abused game in/game out.

Mike Woodson is getting completely annhilated by every NBA analyst this morning. I literally don't know what he needs to do to get fired.

Bottom line is the Knicks might as well forfeit this season if they don't get a legit pg. The 2g spot has been a black hole of ineptitude but JR will snap out of it and THJR is going to be a player. They keep saying Shump is being held out of a trade bc they are waiting for something biggger.. Well that bigger better be a pg better than Kyle Lowry bc aside from Woodson, Felton, Prigs and Beno are the reason this season shows zero signs of turning around.

Right. I'm not a Knicks fan per se but I watch their games. Any good backcourt like Washington's I almost always chalk up an automatic L for the Knicks. The Knicks guards actually did some scoring yesterday and still lost.

Right. I'm not a Knicks fan per se but I watch their games. Any good backcourt like Washington's I almost always chalk up an automatic L for the Knicks. The Knicks guards actually did some scoring yesterday and still lost.
Yup. JR will always be frustrating but I have faith he will snap out of whatever is going on with him right now. THJR is a player and will only get better with experience. I have zero faith in Beno, Prigs, Felton and Shump. Shump and Prigs are so overrated in the eyes of some Knicks fans. Shump will get traded for point guard help, but how big of a hole will we be in before we get a pg who can actually defend and hit a wide open shot? Of course none of this matters as long as Woodson gets a free pass to make inexplicable coaching decisions every game and run Melo into the ground.

Yup. JR will always be frustrating but I have faith he will snap out of whatever is going on with him right now. THJR is a player and will only get better with experience. I have zero faith in Beno, Prigs, Felton and Shump. Shump and Prigs are so overrated in the eyes of some Knicks fans. Shump will get traded for point guard help, but how big of a hole will we be in before we get a pg who can actually defend and hit a wide open shot? Of course none of this matters as long as Woodson gets a free pass to make inexplicable coaching decisions every game and run Melo into the ground.

Maybe Beno was given instructions but they weren't in Slovenian.

It will never happen, but I still think New York should just cut their losses and trade Melo for some package of young prospects/draft picks/expirings.

He isn't their biggest problem by any means, but by the time they can theoretically put a team around him, he'll be 31 or 32. That gives you a 1 or 2 year window for the team to gel and win a title before he starts falling off. I think it would be best for both parties to separate.

What was with that last possession and shot, Carmelo?
Nice play by Washington...it's called isolate the slow white guy on defense. Why is Beno even in there in that situation. Just play Shumpert and Smith at the guards for that possession. Woodson gets exposed again as a tactician. And not calling a time out after the basket with 6 seconds left is insane. Are the Knicks really a pro team at this point?

Nice play by Washington...it's called isolate the slow white guy on defense. Why is Beno even in there in that situation. Just play Shumpert and Smith at the guards for that possession. Woodson gets exposed again as a tactician. And not calling a time out after the basket with 6 seconds left is insane. Are the Knicks really a pro team at this point?
Beno had no place being in the game there. Lol, Beno's defense was hilarious.. He shades Beal to go baseline. Then when Beal flies by him, Beno starts pointing like someone should be there. Then Beal makes a wide open, uncontested layup. Timeout...wait, what? No timeout? Melo takes the ball to halfcourt and slows up. Timeout...wait, what!? No timeout again!? Melo misses a wild running 3 pointer. Game Over.

You can count 3 glaring coaching mistakes in the final 10 seconds.

Every NBA analyst is torching Woodson today and somehow he still has a job with the 2nd worst record in an awful conference and a team that clearly isn't responding to him anymore.

Yeah they could have put Hardway in there as the 3 man. Udrih should have fouled as soon as he went by him. I mean therer should have been help, but it's Bargnani, what do you expect

Keep this up. The Nuggets might turn out to be a playoff team with a high lottery pick this year.
masai-ujiri-africa.jpg

Masai Ujiri got a great haul for Carmelo, but it's a shame he left the Nuggets for the Raptors. He'll turn that franchise around, as well.
Well it may turn out "great" depending on the lottery pick. But it's far from a great haul at this point.

Beno had no place being in the game there. Lol, Beno's defense was hilarious.. He shades Beal to go baseline. Then when Beal flies by him, Beno starts pointing like someone should be there. Then Beal makes a wide open, uncontested layup. Timeout...wait, what? No timeout? Melo takes the ball to halfcourt and slows up. Timeout...wait, what!? No timeout again!? Melo misses a wild running 3 pointer. Game Over.

You can count 3 glaring coaching mistakes in the final 10 seconds.

Every NBA analyst is torching Woodson today and somehow he still has a job with the 2nd worst record in an awful conference and a team that clearly isn't responding to him anymore.

My guess is that Beno actually did what he was supposed to do by forcing Beal baseline, but he was supposed to have help defense when he forced him there, and nobody was there.

What the F are the Knicks waiting for? Woodson is somehow still here and What kind of trade are we waiting for? Everyone knows a trade is coming, meanwhile Shump is an abject disaster and our point guards are getting completely abused game in/game out.

Mike Woodson is getting completely annhilated by every NBA analyst this morning. I literally don't know what he needs to do to get fired.

They are waiting for Thibs.

It will never happen, but I still think New York should just cut their losses and trade Melo for some package of young prospects/draft picks/expirings.

He isn't their biggest problem by any means, but by the time they can theoretically put a team around him, he'll be 31 or 32. That gives you a 1 or 2 year window for the team to gel and win a title before he starts falling off. I think it would be best for both parties to separate.
How marketable is he? I was just thinking about it from a Celtics perspective and asking myself what I would give up to get Melo. I know the Celts seem like sort of an odd destination but it isn't actually that bad a fit because the value of a lot of the Celtics assets are other teams first rounders, which aren't dependant on them sucking.

This is what the C's have that a 'tanking' team like the knicks sans Melo may want: Picks: All their own 1st round picks, worse of Hawks\Nets 1st rounder 2014, Clips unprotected 1st round pick 2015, Nets unprotected first rounders 2016 and 2018. Players: Sullinger, Avery Bradley, Olynk, Jeff Green, maybe Jordan Crawford.

If I'm the Celts I don't think I give up more than one of the players and two 1st rounders. And I would be very reluctant to put in the picks without top 3 protection. The thought of signing a 30 yr old Melo to that cap crushing contract is not appealing. I'm sure there is some team out there that would do better but not sure how much better.

This is what the C's have that a 'tanking' team like the knicks sans Melo may want: Picks: All their own 1st round picks, worse of Hawks\Nets 1st rounder 2014, Clips unprotected 1st round pick 2015, Nets unprotected first rounders 2016 and 2018. Players: Sullinger, Avery Bradley, Olynk, Jeff Green, maybe Jordan Crawford.

This is weird, cause I was just looking at this. Boston can also swap with the Nets in round 1 in 2017.

The contract Melo signs cvould potentially be a huge deal. $25 million a year really is going to kill your cap.

Dolan will never trade for draft picks and prospects. MSG charges BY FAR the highest ticket prices in any professional sport. Their corporate and hollywood fan base isn't paying to see draft picks. I personally think that's crazy. It's the only real way to build a team and then adding a free agent or two to get over the top. The Knicks give away their draft picks like they're handing out hot dogs. They place no value on them. If they trade Melo it will be for a name player...but without him they won't win 25 games this year. The team as constructed is awful. The back court is a joke. Without Chandler there is no defense. The whole defense was Chandler guarding the rim and making up for the terrible perimeter defense. As usual Melo was great last night except for the last 6 seconds...yet today all the media guys are bashing him. My guess is he leaves to get to a better situation, even if he takes less money.

This is weird, cause I was just looking at this. Boston can also swap with the Nets in round 1 in 2017.

The contract Melo signs cvould potentially be a huge deal. $25 million a year really is going to kill your cap.
Forgot about the Nets pick swap in 2017. Those Nets picks could all be lottery. If Melo was two years younger and I was the C's I would really want him. Even though Melo and Rondo's deals would limit the ability to bring in FA's I would flip a couple picks for Melo, maybe trade for Asik, and still think I have enough first rounders to create a contender. But, at 30 I don't know...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom