Breaking news: the Knicks suck | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Breaking news: the Knicks suck

In other shocking news... Amare is injured again.

It is his knees? I was just thinking yesterday that Amare has looked good recently, which meant of course he is about to get hurt again

It is his knees? I was just thinking yesterday that Amare has looked good recently, which meant of course he is about to get hurt again

They should have amnestied him two years ago when they amnestied Billups...but that would have made too much sense for the Knicks to do it.

I'm starting to think you have an agenda against Melo. Did you watch the game? Melo played his a$$ off. The entire team was confused on that last possession due to the utter incompetence of Woodson.
Tell ya I happened to see the highlights of this game on Oblermann and it was hilarious. When Woodson walked off the court, he goes "In fact he is still walking, saw him walk by here, on his way to Maine"

They should have amnestied him two years ago when they amnestied Billups...but that would have made too much sense for the Knicks to do it.

I think that one is tough to say; the only injury he had at that point was the back injury, and he was really good in his first season with the Knicks. certainly in hindsight it would have worked out great though

I think that one is tough to say; the only injury he had at that point was the back injury, and he was really good in his first season with the Knicks. certainly in hindsight it would have worked out great though

Yeah, but his albatross contract is really wrecking this team. We could see that he was never going to be the same 20-10 guy. He's completely done.

Oh yeah for sure, just saying it wasn't like he looked done as a player before the lockout. And even if they amnestied him right now, they wouldn't have any cap space. (though m aybe they don't bring Bargnani in, so it's like a butterfly effect deal)

Dolan will never trade for draft picks and prospects. MSG charges BY FAR the highest ticket prices in any professional sport. Their corporate and hollywood fan base isn't paying to see draft picks. I personally think that's crazy. It's the only real way to build a team and then adding a free agent or two to get over the top. The Knicks give away their draft picks like they're handing out hot dogs. They place no value on them. If they trade Melo it will be for a name player...but without him they won't win 25 games this year. The team as constructed is awful. The back court is a joke. Without Chandler there is no defense. The whole defense was Chandler guarding the rim and making up for the terrible perimeter defense. As usual Melo was great last night except for the last 6 seconds...yet today all the media guys are bashing him. My guess is he leaves to get to a better situation, even if he takes less money.

Agreed. The only real possibility I could see would be convincing the Clippers that Melo & Chandler > Griffin & Jordan or something like that, but even that is complicated salary-wise because they'd probably have to throw in Jamal Crawford to make the financials work and I can't see the Clippers going for that.

Was messing around with the trade machine; Reddick instead of Crawford and it works from a cap POV

Was messing around with the trade machine; Reddick instead of Crawford and it works from a cap POV

I feel like they'd be more reluctant to trade Redick than Crawford. They're missing Redick a ton right now. He really made them a different team. Maybe things could change if the Knicks end up making a move for a PG first.

Probably a pipe dream anyways.

This is the most depressing thread I have ever read on Syracusefan.com as a Knicks fan.

As long as Dolan owns the team (and he isn't selling), the Knicks are a doomed franchise/organization.

I feel like they'd be more reluctant to trade Redick than Crawford. They're missing Redick a ton right now. He really made them a different team. Maybe things could change if the Knicks end up making a move for a PG first.

Probably a pipe dream anyways.

Yeah not saying they would, but it wouldn't even work with Crawford.

Melo for Griffin in any form seems a non starter to me, since Melo would basiclaly have to play 4 all the time, and the Clips even play some 5 with Griffin. I'm sure LA would love to add Chandler to the mix though. (Assuming he comes back and is healthy)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom