Breaking: Skaneateles will not play on Saturday... | Syracusefan.com

Breaking: Skaneateles will not play on Saturday...

Did anyone else see him almost at tears when talking after the last game? He screwed up, time to man up.

How could a judge ignore a 28-0 vote? He couldn't really. This is such a shame. Tim was one of my SU favs and he did more in his life than any 2-3 people combined could do. He just went too far with this HS football stuff and his son though. He crashed and burned and I bet many people will blame Sect 3 and/or the judge.

Don't know much about the whole situation...just feel for the kids like Marsh mentioned. I'm sure they've all worked hard all year only to have their playoff chances taken away.

Last week I heard that the district found all the kids to be eligible. If so, how can you punish them?
If there are coaches that broke rules then they should be suspended/penalized.

The timing of the release of the report (immediately before the start of the playoffs) is highly suspicious.

I know that some here believe that there's more to the story that hasn't been revealed, but simply based on the info that has come out it doesn't appear that the punishment fits the "crime". Sad.

sad situation. feel bad for the kids.

Me as well, I have no idea on what really happened or is going on but it's too bad this has to happen now and too late for this team and for the teams they beat.

What "really happened" is pretty simple, and seems to be common knowledge at this point. Tim used his summer camp to try to recruit the best players to relocate to the Skaneateles school district so they could play for his team. Eight kids can't all be lying, and their stories match up.

Terrible situation all around. I know a rule is a rule, and Green should be punished-- but to reward a losing team is a joke. You either suspend the Skinny team from the get go, or you don't at all.

just wait for it...appeal forthcoming......10-9-8-7

you may be right. Deangelo is going to poll the school board today to see if they want to take it to the Appellate court. Watch Utica practice tonight and tomorrow and then be told on Thursday they're out again. Yikes.

you may be right. Deangelo is going to poll the school board today to see if they want to take it to the Appellate court. Watch Utica practice tonight and tomorrow and then be told on Thursday they're out again. Yikes.

its definitely not over, IMO

its definitely not over, IMO

You'd have to imagine the Appellate court would say we're not going to trump the local athletic councils decision. Its over.

What "really happened" is pretty simple, and seems to be common knowledge at this point. Tim used his summer camp to try to recruit the best players to relocate to the Skaneateles school district so they could play for his team. Eight kids can't all be lying, and their stories match up.

See also: many other Section 3 schools over the last 30 years.
See also: other traditional football states including De LaSalle.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom