Breaking Syracuse News | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Breaking Syracuse News

A sense of humor is a vital trait. I often think that there are people here who think that Syracuse should never be the focus of humor. I wonder if Pitt is substituted would it become funny? Perhaps not... but that brings us back to a lack of humor again. Self deprecating humor is sometimes the funniest and I believe Professor Marx (my icon) would agree!
Reminds me of when I was a kid and was at an extended family event. Somebody brought a two sided book of ethnic jokes - read it one way and the punchlines were Polish, read it the other way and they were Italian. Exact same jokes. Anyway, somebody is reading the Polish jokes and people are laughing hilariously. A little later, one of my cousins picks up the book and starts reading it "the wrong way". My uncle snatches the book out of his hand and says "that's not funny".

I'd say 90% of the articles and comments I've seen about this recent realignment are about Syracuse, and the rest about Pitt. While a lot of the commentary is idiotic crap, the fact that it focuses on Syracuse is encouraging in that it tells me Syracuse is the more nationally relevant program (and by a wide margin). So I don't think the article was even a little funny, but I don't mind seeing these articles because they are a reminder how much more relevancy Syracuse has nationally than anyone else in the current Big East.

A sense of humor is a vital trait. I often think that there are people here who think that Syracuse should never be the focus of humor. I wonder if Pitt is substituted would it become funny? Perhaps not... but that brings us back to a lack of humor again. Self deprecating humor is sometimes the funniest and I believe Professor Marx (my icon) would agree!

I tend to defend SU more often than not. But in this particular case, going to the ACC is awesome and I could care less who says what. Being upset at SU is how losers think. Winners (SU...and me) do not care because they won.

Also, I guess I've read the Onion enough over the years to know their type of humor, this certainly wasn't meant to come down on SU in any way.

There's really no need for anyone to take a defensive stand on this one.

I'd say 90% of the articles and comments I've seen about this recent realignment are about Syracuse, and the rest about Pitt. While a lot of the commentary is idiotic crap, the fact that it focuses on Syracuse is encouraging in that it tells me Syracuse is the more nationally relevant program (and by a wide margin). So I don't think the article was even a little funny, but I don't mind seeing these articles because they are a reminder how much more relevancy Syracuse has nationally than anyone else in the current Big East.
Unless the articles are being written by the scorned lovers who couldn't get into Newhouse. I always thought Colin Cowherd's unnatural disdain for all things Syracuse was a result of a rejection letter.

I tend to defend SU more often than not. But in this particular case, going to the ACC is awesome and I could care less who says what. Being upset at SU is how losers think. Winners (SU...and me) do not care because they won.

Also, I guess I've read the Onion enough over the years to know their type of humor, this certainly wasn't meant to come down on SU in any way.

There's really no need for anyone to take a defensive stand on this one.

Losers whine about their best, winners go home and the prom queen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom